Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

3m paint protection film, xpel, clearbra, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Clear Bra protection kit from abroad to the USA?

Does anyone know a place outside the USA that sells clear bra kits for the Fit/ Jazz? I want to use this protection as soon as I get my Fit; however, a kit probably won't be available here in the US for while after the car is released.

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
It's funny that you mention that. At all the carshows I go to up here in Toronto, there are a few independent companies that advertise clear 3M stone chip bumper and hood coveringapplications if that is what your referring too?

I'm quite interested if there are more economical options of hood and bumper protection out there compared to the traditional bra's.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Damn good idea!

some info I found:

http://www.xpel.com/products/configu...=15&model=1461

There's also http://www.chipguard.com/search.asp, they have nothing listed for the Fit just yet. I've emailed them for approx availability date.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
What do you plan to get done? Hood only? If yes, then there may be kits available.

If you plan to do the bumper also, any kits that exist may not fit the US Fit bumper, which is somewhat unique.

But a good clear bra installer should be able to custom fabricate a clear bra for your Fit.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by corey415
But a good clear bra installer should be able to custom fabricate a clear bra for your Fit.
Your exactly right on the money! If they want your business they will make a template and get it done for you from what I understand. I've talked extensively with promoters at various booths. There should be installers in every state and country by now. I would let professional installers do it though.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Lightbulb Personal experience / observation

I had the 3M protection sheet on a Ducati gas tank and it worked wonders for keeping paint scrapes at bay A+ stuff - that said I've also seen it "yellow" after a few years on car hoods where it's been exposed to continious salt/road grime.

Myself I'm going to wait for the Benavento hood protector to come out for Fit - have had one on my '02 CRV since new and it's held up excellent to winter and bug abuse...

Old 03-08-2006, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jonniedee
Myself I'm going to wait for the Benavento hood protector to come out for Fit - have had one on my '02 CRV since new and it's held up excellent to winter and bug abuse...
I Googled "Benavento" and found a playwrite. Can you give any more information for the ignorant?

Old 03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
I think its spelled Benevento.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Sorry for the type O

Old 03-09-2006, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
No worries. I googled benevento and got to some Lombardy twin Dukes or something. Finally found it by altering my search parameters. I am not a fan of that type of guard. When I get my Fit, if I can get everything done with the clear stuff, and the price isn't too high, it might be worthwhile to change it every 3-5 years.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Full Nose Mask

Anyone had an experience with these yet? Do they fit well?

I had one on my Focus that I bought aftermarket, and it never did quite fit correctly. (the hooks didn't secure completely in the wheelwells.) I also made the mistake of leaving it on too long and when grit get's under the felt, it has an abrasive affect.

I understand the other option is one of those clear nose applications, and that they tend to leave a distinct "shine" on you nose that looks different than the rest of the car. Can anyone confirm this?

I would like to protect my nice black nose from gravel dings though. What do you all think?

Old 05-08-2006, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
I dont recommend leather/vinyl masks. I hear it doesnt really fit the Fit Sport (due to the lower body kit). It should be fine with the Fit Base.

Personally, I don't recommend the mask. It's hard to take off/put on and you are supposed to do this everytime you wash the car. Once it gets old it looks pretty bad too. Also, the covered part wont fade evenly with the rest of the paint which isnt good either.

I would go with the clear bra. I have seen them up close; its really hard to see. The only part that is really visible is the edge of it (assumming you only cover the first 1/3 of the front hood per se).

I would recommend a pro to install it. I would wait for a kit to come out (instead of paying the installing more to custom fabricate the template for the clear bra).

Old 05-09-2006, 02:48 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

yeah the masked sucks...over here it would be bad...long period of time you will see that paint fades cause of the sun...under the masked the color will be different...no to the mask

Old 05-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Master FitFreaker
fugly mod ever man.........

Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 PM
3m paint protection film, xpel, clearbra, etc?

Anyone have this installed on their Fit, yet? If so, how much did it cost including installation. A local installer quoted me $585 which included the hood, fenders, mirrors and bumper coverage, 3M warranty, and installation. Is this a decent price?

What are your experiences with it?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Master FitFreaker
I think when I get mine fit I will get the clear 3m bra

Old 05-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I want to get the hood and front bumper put on, I was quoted about $300 but.. i had connections

Old 05-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I want to get the hood and front bumper put on, I was quoted about $300 but.. i had connections
I have connection as well

Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
The guy who does dent removal for us also does 3m clearbra. I am going to have to give him a call and get a price.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:14 PM
One of the Xpel recommended installers quoted $42 for parts and labor for the Headlights and Foglights.

That seems too cheap for the precut Xpel kits. They sell them for over $60 alone. Perhaps installers get a much cheaper price?

I'm thinking they quoted me only the headlights or fog lights.

Quick Reply: 3m paint protection film, xpel, clearbra, etc?