Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

paddle shifters not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Wink I fix this problem in my fit 2007

El problema que tenia es que no funcionaba el cambio manual de los cambios, y estaba dañado el conector del volante: son dos listones de cables que mantienen conectado los botones del volante con el cable que va a la computadora. Los soldé con un cautin y funcionó. Quedó arreglado.
Gracias.

Luis

Old 11-04-2015, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
Did you try the horn? Maybe the cable reel is cut. If it is cut the horn and paddles doesnt work....

Old 02-20-2016, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
I had this same issue twice in last month. Both times I pulled over and shut off and turn back on, problem disappeared. Basically as quoted, it jerks hard when gas from stop and when accelerating to a stop, also doesn't hit 5th gear on highway. Paddle shifting or S mode doesn't work. BUT this all clears if I restart car.

Originally Posted by vansprinkle
This exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. I pulled up and stopped at a light before getting onto the highway and when stopped the car gave a small lunge/jerk forward like someone rearended me. The guy behind was far enough away I knew that wasn't the case. The car idled and seemed normal. When the light turned green we started rolling like normal and then the 1-2 shift was a hard bucking jerk. I hopped on the highway and the car would not shift into 5th while going 70. I tried the shifters in D with no luck of getting it into 5th. I then tried S mode and couldnt get it to shift up or down, nor would it tell me what gear I was in. I turned around and took it home. On the way home it automatically shifted fine in every gear except 1-2 and never would get into 5th. I was on my way to the beach when this happened so I didnt get to look or mess with it until yesterday afternoon.

So, yesterday I hopped in it and tried to reproduce the problem without any luck (didnt try real hard since I didnt want to get stranded way down the road). I am going to go ahead and change the tranny fluid tonight and then put the car back into its normal DD use.

Car is a 2007 Sport automatic w/ 81k miles on it.

Edit: Changed the fluid and drove the car around for an hour or so last night without any issues. I will keep this post updated if anything changes.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Luisrios in post#21 may have solved the problem. A rough translation:

The problem is that no work had manual transmission changes and was damaged connector wheel : two strips of wires kept connected buttons

Or...loose/stripped wires on the paddle switch(es)

Old 02-21-2016, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Saw that, but doubt that's effecting this. It's like mis shift during 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to 1st gears. It's just so that when this occurs the paddle shifters is disabled until you restart car.

Originally Posted by silverback
Luisrios in post#21 may have solved the problem. A rough translation:

The problem is that no work had manual transmission changes and was damaged connector wheel : two strips of wires kept connected buttons

Or...loose/stripped wires on the paddle switch(es)

Old 12-04-2018, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I have an 09 Fit Sport with 220k miles and this happened two days ago right at the start of a long trip. I didn't check the horn and cruise control, but the paddle shifters weren't working and the gear indicator on the dash went dark. Sport mode also did not work. No check engine light. I wasn't going to travel in it, so I left it at home and went in another car. I'll check when I get back in a week if it's working and do further diagnosing, but if it is the cable reel, does anyone know if pulling the steering wheel can cause this type of damage? My car went in for the Takata/Honda airbag recall and they had to pull the steering wheel for that.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
My 2010 fit sport started doing it the other day too. Was stopped at a light, then a clunk like someone rolled into me. As I pulled away 1 to 2nd was like I ran over a 6 in gap in the pavement. Wouldn't shift into 4th, was at 3500 at 60 mph, used paddle shifters window black didn't show any gear up or down. At the next light I restarted the car and no problem.............

A week ago I got a check engine light with the blinking D, code P0847 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch. But that light went out and has not returned. Today stopped at another traffic light on the way to work, I got the the clunk, then 1-2 upshift like running over the 6 in gap in pavement again.

Anyone find out what the problem is?

I bought the 3rd clutch sensor/switch and will change it as soon as I get a nice day along with a 4 qt fluid change and see if that fixes it.

Really a shame since this car hasn't given me any problems since 2010. I now have 185,000 miles on it.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jcy110
My 2010 fit sport started doing it the other day too. Was stopped at a light, then a clunk like someone rolled into me. As I pulled away 1 to 2nd was like I ran over a 6 in gap in the pavement. Wouldn't shift into 4th, was at 3500 at 60 mph, used paddle shifters window black didn't show any gear up or down. At the next light I restarted the car and no problem.............

A week ago I got a check engine light with the blinking D, code P0847 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch. But that light went out and has not returned. Today stopped at another traffic light on the way to work, I got the the clunk, then 1-2 upshift like running over the 6 in gap in pavement again.

Anyone find out what the problem is?

I bought the 3rd clutch sensor/switch and will change it as soon as I get a nice day along with a 4 qt fluid change and see if that fixes it.

Really a shame since this car hasn't given me any problems since 2010. I now have 185,000 miles on it.
I haven't see the issue again. It's probably been 5 years ago so i'm trying to remember what I did. Did you replace transmission oil recently? I think one of the things I did was drain some of the tranny oil, it appeared I over filled it a bit.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure I replaced the transmission pressure switch also

Old 03-25-2022, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
No didn't do anything yet. I will probably next week. I was hoping you figured something out since its been a while when you had your problem which seems to be the same as mine by your description.

Thanks!