Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Retro-Fit Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:57 AM
HID Retro-Fit Progress

Well last weekend i got started on my retro-fit project on my spare headlights, i'm using the HID projectors from a new Maximum, this is about as far as i have gotten so far, tomorrow morning i'm mounting the drivers headlight on the car to check the see the alignment, aslong as everything is good i'll be doing a shroud next to go around the projector.

Here's the driver's side test mounted, ofcourse the drivers side is the test subject here, and yeah you can really notice tthe difference from teh left and right against the wall.

now that i've done this, i'm going to try to reset the projector up a little more to get a bit higher aim, once i've gotten that done i'm going to work on the shroud next.

Last edited by Tomh; 07-16-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Master FitFreaker
looking good man

Old 07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Sorta thought this would get more response then it has, looks like i guessed wrong.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Fitfreaks been down for a couple of days... so ppl probably disappeared.

But anyways, those are looking great!! I wish i have the parts and skills to do this. My question is, did you move the blinkers? It looks like its closer to the main beam? Or am i just being crazy...

Old 07-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Looks good...just saw it on honda tech while the freak was down. Good progress though.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
Fitfreaks been down for a couple of days... so ppl probably disappeared.

But anyways, those are looking great!! I wish i have the parts and skills to do this. My question is, did you move the blinkers? It looks like its closer to the main beam? Or am i just being crazy...
blinker is in the stock placement, once i get the whole housing back together it'll look like it should, going to attach the shroud tonight, and then work on making the headlight len look clearer again like when it was new.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
so what happened im still waitin for da pix!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
P1!
how much did everything cost for the conversion? cool project. there are some fits here in the Philippines with aftermarket hid's but the light is scattered and is annoying when being followed by one. this solves that problem

Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Can you provide details of how you wired everything up?

Old 08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
just an update, but until the weather cools down, i'm putting this on hold, since i have to do alot of taking the bumper off and on, and with not having a A/C garage it makes it kinda unbearable.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tomh
just an update, but until the weather cools down, i'm putting this on hold, since i have to do alot of taking the bumper off and on, and with not having a A/C garage it makes it kinda unbearable.
Good luck!!! I'm very interested to see how it'll look once you finalize the installation...I know what you meant wit the northeast HEATWAVE...

Old 08-21-2006, 12:21 AM
anymore pics of the pics in the back of the lamp and the whole kit that you used? thanks

Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks great! Just needs the chrome to be blacked out IMO.
I was thinking of doing this also, how much did the 2nd set of headlights cost? And I'll deff be getting black. I hate the color matched headlights. UGHH!

Im running BMW 3series D2S projections in my Mx6. 4100-4300k HID kit.
Been running it for 2 yrs now. No problems. Works good, my flutted lenses are kickin my ass though. Light output isnt what it should be.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:33 PM
again, it's going to be on hold for awhile, sorry.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
looking good, i want to do it, but can't seem to find a USDM 07 Fit headlight in a "used" condition and it cost way too much to get brand new ones.....

Old 10-14-2006, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Tom, any good updates on your retro???

Old 10-14-2006, 10:36 PM
not as of right now, i just found my other projector though after a month o floosing it, it's getting colder out, so i should be getting back to it, right now i'm working on fixing my winter rims, before i spray them again so i can get teh snow tires on, once taht done i'll be looking into getting back on track, the one thing that is also holding me back is that i'm going to have to buy another set of headlights so i have some perfect len's to use, teh spare set are fubared, and the one's i have on teh car i need to keep incase things go bad, lol, of it i just need s set of stockers for later, so it's going to get a bit costly for me.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
well, good luck wit the progress, keep us posted... and having the extra spare is a good idea...but nothing beats a true retro HIDs...so every penny is worth it...the only problem I see you might run into is the fitment of those projectors...the holding brackets are showing, not sure if you got a plan to fit it better...

Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by fitjunkie
well, good luck wit the progress, keep us posted... and having the extra spare is a good idea...but nothing beats a true retro HIDs...so every penny is worth it...the only problem I see you might run into is the fitment of those projectors...the holding brackets are showing, not sure if you got a plan to fit it better...
here is a pic of the current state of that one, i have the guts hidden now, but i need to find a way to smooth out the surface around it, might be moving towards fiberglass, so that way i can sand it to a smoother finish, the re-spray it aluminum, or black.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tomh
here is a pic of the current state of that one, i have the guts hidden now, but i need to find a way to smooth out the surface around it, might be moving towards fiberglass, so that way i can sand it to a smoother finish, the re-spray it aluminum, or black.

That's a sweet shot!! I think flat black might look better than aluminum... take some more pics along the way if you can, this looks very promising!!

Quick Reply: Retro-Fit Progress