Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY: Torque Solution Shifter Cable Bushings Install (With Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
the corsport are going to be like adding more weight to your knob, but not nearly as much as the brass... but of course more than delrin...

your call - they're all going to do the same thing... just with different feels...

Old 05-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks apex. I've decided to order a set from corsport.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
And thanks funkster for the guide! I will be using it for sure.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
No problem, the joys of a community.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Updated the first post with where I got my bushings now that they are a sponsor.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
PM us if you want to pick a set up. We have you covered!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 AM
This really helped with my install this morning. Granted I got the corsport ones, the install was the same. The large bushing is easy, but the smaller one, took me a good 45 mins I get cotter pin out. I am convinced that cotter pins were invented by a women. Havent driven yet, but can tell a difference

Old 05-26-2012, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eglass
This really helped with my install this morning. Granted I got the corsport ones, the install was the same. The large bushing is easy, but the smaller one, took me a good 45 mins I get cotter pin out. I am convinced that cotter pins were invented by a women. Havent driven yet, but can tell a difference
Nice, love hearing this is helping people with the install.

The small one is a bummer for sure, I had to take a beer break during it.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
thumbs up for more installs

Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
So I've got a really kind of random question for ya -

The Civic Hybrid, first gen, uses the 1.3L L-series engine out of the japan-market Fit. Do you know if the cable ends & mounts are the same on the 1.3L as on the 1.5L that we get here? If this product is going to fit on the 1.3L, I may buy Dad a set for father's day. I highly suspect it will fit, because they are very similar engines - the only L-series in the Civic lineup - but without parts numbers to compare, tough to know...

Maybe another question, related, is when you took out the old bushings did you have to damage them? IE if the new ones did not fit could you reinstall the old? I can't tell from the online parts list if you can buy replacements separately or if you have to buy the whole linkage so it's a key issue! :-O

Again, a little off topic, but if you happen to know it'll be helpful

Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
I can check on the fitment question. I do know there is not damage done to the bushings if removed intelligently. Following this DIY, the bushings will still be perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by fujisawa
So I've got a really kind of random question for ya -

The Civic Hybrid, first gen, uses the 1.3L L-series engine out of the japan-market Fit. Do you know if the cable ends & mounts are the same on the 1.3L as on the 1.5L that we get here? If this product is going to fit on the 1.3L, I may buy Dad a set for father's day. I highly suspect it will fit, because they are very similar engines - the only L-series in the Civic lineup - but without parts numbers to compare, tough to know...

Maybe another question, related, is when you took out the old bushings did you have to damage them? IE if the new ones did not fit could you reinstall the old? I can't tell from the online parts list if you can buy replacements separately or if you have to buy the whole linkage so it's a key issue! :-O

Again, a little off topic, but if you happen to know it'll be helpful

Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
I did check on the Honda part #s to the best of my ability (The Civic Hybrid vs the Fit 2007 1.5L; can't check against the 1.3L Fit). The part #s match for many of the surrounding parts (the plastic and metal washers; the pins; one of the arms; the housing). But the other shift arm is different. Still find it likely that the size of the bushing would be identical as there would be no advantage to speccing a different size for either application. Still, can't see a part number for the bushings themselves. There may not be one.

If you cannot find an answer that's OK. I know this is a very, VERY specific question. Thanks all

Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I bought them. Not knowing for sure if they're going to fit, yep.

But I think they're likely to fit; they aren't tons of money; and if they don't fit, restoring the originals should be doable. And if it DOES work, I think I will get major props from Dad, whose Hybrid's only noticeable deterioration over 100k miles has been a heat shield rattle and a slightly less precise shift action. The latter bothers him a little and I do not think he would consider it as a repair unless it got worse.

(The rock-hard suspension is not a deterioration. It is an original feature. Due to an extra 200lbs of battery packs). :P

Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
I have the TWM bronzoil bushing and am installing now, starting with the little one first and its a pain, sliced my arm a bit and am still trying to get that pin out, I refuse to remove my battery and think its making it harder then it needs to be.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
^yup

10char

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Got home today and cotter pin was half way out and pulled like a rotten tooth, the bushing itself was tough as shit to get out, needed to be pushed with a wide flat head inside the oem bushing hole, came out like a breeze. grease the new one it will make it ease to slide collar over. Remove the battery , made life much simpler. brass feels great.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Brass bushings

I have not been able to put my 08 Fit into reverse. It feels like I'm hitting a brick wall. I can shift into all the other gears just fine, but reverse just won't open up. I have flushed the transmission fluid and did not see any evidence of damage to the gears i.e. metal shards or shavings.

My question is... Do you feel that replacing the bushings will be a solution to my problem? One technician said it would be. I'd like to give it a try before dropping $1,000 + on a new clutch.

Thank you.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Going to order these ASAP! Been tired of the slop in my shifter and its only getting worse. Had a friend suggest it may be these bushings have died since his friends civic had a similar feel... I bet my battery relocation and intake will help immensely on this job >_<

Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
I see a lot of these bushings for the GD. Does anyone know if these will fit the GE?
I grabbed a T1R short shifter, loving it, but still want a more crisp and tighter shift.

Any vendors or anyone selling these (if they do fit the GE), let me know. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
hmm, im installing buddyclub short shift kit soon.. may do this next

Quick Reply: DIY: Torque Solution Shifter Cable Bushings Install (With Pics)