Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Coil Packs & Misfires - Some Answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy @73K miles

so this is my little part for the thread:

MzFiT's been with a slight miss since July @ idle with the A/C on usually. Nothing that was bad, just noticeable to me. No cell.
But last night all that ended. She got to a parking garage last night and was loping up and down but the slightest gas and it was fine?? Went in the mall with my daughter and went shopping, When we came back in 1.5 hours and drove home as thou nothing was wrong except the engine light was on.
Of course I went straight to FF when I got home and entered "engine miss" and was brought here, Thank you to everyone who has posted and everyone in the future.
Which brings us to what I did.
Took each coil pack and plug out. Took the packs apart and each look fine on the outside but all of them where oxidized like crazy inside. I used wet silicone and 000 steel wool and a fine jewelers screwdriver to clean up the sharp tip of the coil next blew it out with comp. air and clean w/ Q tip and RA.. Then pulled the resistor out and cleaned it with 000SW and found the bottom of 3 had green corrosion, that came off with the SW. Brush this assembly with a small brass brush and cleaned w/ rubbing alcohol. Ohm d all the resistors and they where all from 1.25 to 1.44. Installed Denso IK22, with Silver anti-seize on the plugs and 6mm bolts for the coil packs.
1&2 plugs where like normal but 3&4 the electrode was cupped vaporized just a bit but def. the little bump was gone??
O ya I changed the plugs to auto-lite iridium at 15K miles, I can't remember why I guess I thought they where better than the OEM's.

Fired her up and she's running like a clock not the slightest miss like b4. I never just revved her up in park past 4K but today I did and the limiter came in at 4.8K in park (5speed A/T) took her out to the bypass and took her throu the gears in Sports mode and the revs went to 6.5K RPMs and she was smooth as silk, IDK if the A/T in park has a bit differnt limit. The 08 M/T Fit I have went to 6.5K RPMs in neutral ??? So if anyone out here hammers their L15A A/T in park; does your's go to 6.5K RPMs?

Next project is valve lash!
Polish cover and file down the seams that stick up on the runners.

Happy Motoring!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-17-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Anyone know if injectors can play a rOle in cel and saying misfire in cylinder 3? I just replaced all 4 coil packs and spark plugs drove fine for 2 days and now back to cel misfire in cylinder 3

Old 01-27-2016, 01:21 PM
So, if I wanted to replace the ignition coils from my Honda Fit 2010, how many of the link below should I order?

37510-RB0-003 - Genuine Honda Sensor Assy., Tdc

Only 1 ?

Old 09-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Please Help

Hi guys,
I need a quick help as my car is about to stop running with so many misfires.
I have a 2006 1.3 Fit.
I got a pack of 8 new coils from AliExpress.
The CM11-109 came fine apart from a broken one (will have to ask for replacement)

My issue is, the seller sent me 4 ignition coils that are exactly the same, however only one of them are labelled as CM11-108 all other 3 are labelled CM-11-110.
I know the 110 has a different bottom part, but the head seems the same as 108.
Do you guys think that it will be fine if I use them or should I ask for a replacement?

I have contacted the seller, but to be true he doesn't seem to know what he is talking about...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 01-17-2017, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
My coil packs were OK even though the deal said it was the problem. Two spark plugs were lose from the factory. Blue locktite fixed it 35,000 miles ago

Old 08-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know the primary/secondary resistance readings for the OE Hitachi igc0053 coils? Long story short I am getting a random misfire without a p30X code so I don't know which cylinder is the cause. I am planning on pulling them all and seeing which one is abnormal but some published numbers would be great.

I didn't find anything with a deep google search but maybe I'm using the wrong termonology.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by noelrobles22@gmail.com
Anyone know if injectors can play a rOle in cel and saying misfire in cylinder 3? I just replaced all 4 coil packs and spark plugs drove fine for 2 days and now back to cel misfire in cylinder 3
I am having the same problem! Did you rectify your problem?

Old 12-21-2019, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you didn't want to refurbished them, could you just order these NGK boots for $6.99 each? https://www.autozone.com/ignition-tu...2_947232_24681

Old 08-14-2023, 04:41 AM
To contribute back to this forum that has helped me!

When you buy plugs be careful where you get them. I bought Laser Iridium plugs online from a large amazon retailer that someone had recommended as legit.

!k km later I was throwing weird ETC coded and an occasional 2 second complete loss of power with an occasional limp mode, no code, resolved on ignition off and on. Took to Honda, wanted to replace pedal, throttle body. I replaced pedal, tried to do throttle body but don't have computer to reset. Battery off and throttle reset didn't work. Replace old one.

Decided to do coils and got them from Rock Auto as best deal for oem, got some plugs too.

Went to change.... Plugs atrocious, Electrode eroded to huge gap. Pic next to ne genuine from Rock. Olds were leaking up the ceramic. Obvious (now) fakes.

Moral? Buy from non amazon, ebay and use reputable seller!

Car runs like a dream now!