Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

2007 Honda Fit Dome Light/Key Fob issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
If you had put the LED bulb in the other way round then it would most likely have worked.

Before we go any further could you confirm the following:

1. The dome light works when you open a door.

2. The radio works - Including the clock keeping time and the station presets being remembered.

If both are true then a wiring fault is possible but it is looking less likely.

You will find all the diagrams here

The power lock diagram circuit (without super locking) is here

You need to do some tests on the wireless reciever.

Here's the location of the wireless unit with a handy link to the page for testing it at that connector behind the gauges.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Wage Slave
If you had put the LED bulb in the other way round then it would most likely have worked.

Before we go any further could you confirm the following:

1. The dome light works when you open a door.

2. The radio works - Including the clock keeping time and the station presets being remembered.

If both are true then a wiring fault is possible but it is looking less likely.

You will find all the diagrams here

The power lock diagram circuit (without super locking) is here

You need to do some tests on the wireless receiver.

Here's the location of the wireless unit with a handy link to the page for testing it at that connector behind the gauges.
Hello sir. I actually did test the bulb both ways and it didn't come on.

1. The dome light works now with having the door open and using the "ON" position.
2. The radio works as well keeping the time and presets.

I shall continue on my quest to test the wireless receiver with the information you have provided. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2016, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
A faulty LED lamp then - Just goes to show. Can you get a refund?

Anyway, test the wireless receiver unit wiring at it's connector as shown here. If it's all good then either the receiver unit is faulty or the wiring to the control unit in the gauge assembly is faulty or the control unit is faulty. There are also two relays that send power to do the locking and unlocking but if all the locks lock/unlock with the key in the driver's door then they are likely to be good.

We'll address all that later if it's the case. Personally though, I could live without keyless locking but I couldn't live without an interior light so I'm not sure I would spend too much money and time on fixing the locking now you have the light working.

Last edited by Wage Slave; 05-18-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wage Slave
A faulty LED lamp then - Just goes to show. Can you get a refund?

Anyway, test the wireless receiver unit wiring at it's connector as shown here. If it's all good then either the receiver unit is faulty or the wiring to the control unit in the gauge assembly is faulty or the control unit is faulty. There are also two relays that send power to do the locking and unlocking but if all the locks lock/unlock with the key in the driver's door then they are likely to be good.

We'll address all that later if it's the case. Personally though, I could live without keyless locking but I couldn't live without an interior light so I'm not sure I would spend too much money and time on fixing the locking now you have the light working.
I actually had them test the lamp a Advanced Autoparts and it worked fine and got a refund towards the other bulb. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I did notice the voltage for the bulbs were different though.

I hear you on the Dome light. It's been out for so long that now when it comes on it's like i'm in a completely different car lol. I'm not going to spend a ton of time on it. Maybe just here and there when I got a moment to fiddle around.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I've got the same issue with my 07 GD.. interior lights stopped working (I have the dome, map lights, and foot well lights), key fab no longer works, and the switch to lock/unlock will only unlock the doors. Can't find the cause of the issue either, and I'm not a fan of not being able to lock my hatch. I'll keep you posted if i find something.