Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Installed new headlight assemblies onto my GD3 Blaze Orange Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Installed new headlight assemblies onto my GD3 Blaze Orange Fit

Hey all, I know this has been covered before, however I wanted to share my experience with removing /installing the headlight assemblies for our GD3.

Note: really the hardest thing was dealing with those fricken' plastic clips that secure the bumper to the rest of the front of the car. I took it nice and slow, and finished in about 2 hours.. I was particularly careful when removing the front bumper as I didn't want to break any of the clips behind, underneath the assemblies.

1 I taped off on a huge piece of cardboard leaned up against a chain link fence in our carport where the headlights we're originally aimed and taped an "x" smack dab in the middle of each light beam

2 I ensured I had both right and left headlight assemblies, as I originally thought the eBay seller had shipped me 2 left assemblies ; my bad!

There are a few DIY's that cover this better than I could, but what I didn't see out there were any pictures of a Blaze Orange GD3 with different colored assemblies, so I took a gamble on the Nighthawk Black colored ones... Check it out! Ugh!!! The before, with a few of the underneath clips removed already... Nasty yellow and swirled to boot!
And she went back together very smoothly!

Aaaaaand just before she went down the ramps. I ensured that the headlight beams, high beams, and turn signals worked prior to fitting it all back together, and once she was off the ramps, I ensured the lights were aimed properly. Luckily they were bang on, and I didn't have to re aim them 🤣!

Cheers guys!

Old 07-23-2017, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member

Which seller did you buy them from?

Old 07-23-2017, 03:15 PM
@idrivemyself here's the link I used below.. here's the link I used below. You can find others as well that offer both left and right.

Actually I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links yet, so just search for " 2007 2008 Honda Fit headlight assemblies ". I used Ebay for my search..

Cheers!