Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fujita SRI Pics please

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Fujita SRI Pics please

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Fujita SRI. I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to things so I've messing with it for awhile now. After taking the stock air box out I installed the new pipe with the filter on it. It has a anti-vibration bolt that connects to via a L-bracket to the battery post. Well I get everything lined up as far as connecting the pipe to the throttle body and it comes out straight but when I tighten the anti-vibration bolt it pulls the pipe up a little and it doesn't come straight out from the throttle body. If I line up the pipe and tighen down the pipe to the straight hose first then tighten the anti-vibration I end up the pipe going upwards and it hits the top of the hood. If I line up and tighten the antivibration then line up the straight hose it ends up not as straight.

I guess my question is if I look at pics of other intakes they come perfectly straight from the throttle body. can someone with a Fujita SRI post a few pics of their install so I can get an idea of how far the pipe goes in and at what angle it comes out at.

I called Fujita and they said it is an excellant fitment and you just have to play around with it to get in installed just right. Great thanks Fujita...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 12-20-2006, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
i don't have any pictures,try turning the L bracket upside down, also did you remove the lower air box braket that is attached to the transmission, also
loosen the battery hold down to shift it a little to the right.then do your final adjustments and the tighten the hose calmps.
It takes a little fiddlin but it works in the end.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 PM
thanks

Thanks for the response, I actually did that last night and finally got a good fitment. Took the lower air box braket which helped a lot and also flipped the L bracket upside down, which I couldn't really do without removing the lower air box braket. It looks a lot better now and the intake filter sits down much lower. the only thing now is it is touching the radiator hose so I might need to pull it back up a little. I tend to over examine these things, I've messed with the thing out about every night for two weeks. Every morning my wife says so I heard you down in the garage last night again, messing with your toy again. The funny (strange or scary) part is everytime I touch the intake the car responds and sounds differently. When I had it installed and it was touching the top of the hood it was pretty loud. Now it is the quietest it's been since I got it. I hope I'm not killing my car. I realize how much I love driving it today, she had to go into Honda service they screwed up my trim. Check out my service saga https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/10083-funny-story-kind.html