Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

805FitSport redone nitrous set-up... pics inside (IAT sensor relocated!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
The new Civic Si's are slow. 2door or 4door. Not trying to bust your balls because I KNOW your car is fast.

Just pointing out that racing and beating a new Si isnt saying much.
Im sure you have friends with an RSX-S. Run one of those. Or just take it to the track with the spray.

Im just interested to see what it traps. Not so much the ET. I went to the track last night again. 16.9@80mph bitch! 2.6 60 foots.
are you full interior? yea 2.6 is terrible.... but its hard to get a good launch, im able to cut 2.2's with the stock wheels. this SI beats my friends bone stock RSX type S 03 model... so i don't know. i was under the impression that by switching to my RT 615's i would have less traction problems.... oh and talk about wheel hop man. im thinking of investing in a tq damper.

Last edited by 805FitSport; 01-18-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Yea.. Full interior.
My 60's were so bad because my first few runs were wheel hope. I took it easy after that. Ive never seen a car hope so bad; besides Spev-V's

Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Yea.. Full interior.
My 60's were so bad because my first few runs were wheel hope. I took it easy after that. Ive never seen a car hope so bad; besides Spev-V's
yea i can expect that from a full interior fit, but your 60ft's would greatly improve after you take some rear weight off like spare and back seats just for track.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
so i think i got a better mix now, 20 fuel and a 38 nitrous... still keeping it a little rich i think, but its a 70 shot, and heres the video, cold bottle, but 75% full bottle about 900 psi. notice my 30 mph- 40 mph jump lol.

sorry for the crappy camera phone vid again, at least this time it has some sound... taken with me new verizon LG envy...

Last edited by 805FitSport; 01-20-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:08 PM
holy bottle warmer batman!

i installed a bottle warmer due to the cold weather and WOW, night and day guys. clutch is still hold up strong with 16500 miles.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member
Is your heater by thermostat or by pressure.

Originally Posted by 805FitSport
i installed a bottle warmer due to the cold weather and WOW, night and day guys. clutch is still hold up strong with 16500 miles.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
thermostat

Old 02-04-2007, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Can you tell us how it works and why you didn't buy the pressure one which is safer.

thermostat

Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM
ive personally have never seen a pressure one on a car, my bottle is behind my passenger seat so i know when its to warm that i can just shut it off. i don't know how a pressure one would be safer, everything can fail at one time or another.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
The pressure one will only work when the pressure is low and stops when it reachesthe right pressure.

ive personally have never seen a pressure one on a car, my bottle is behind my passenger seat so i know when its to warm that i can just shut it off. i don't know how a pressure one would be safer, everything can fail at one time or another.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by kimo
The pressure one will only work when the pressure is low and stops when it reachesthe right pressure.
my bottle never goes over 1100 psi with the warmer, and i think that is optimal pressure.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
How much did you pay for it.

my bottle never goes over 1100 psi with the warmer, and i think that is optimal pressure.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
are you full interior? yea 2.6 is terrible.... but its hard to get a good launch, im able to cut 2.2's with the stock wheels. this SI beats my friends bone stock RSX type S 03 model... so i don't know. i was under the impression that by switching to my RT 615's i would have less traction problems.... oh and talk about wheel hop man. im thinking of investing in a tq damper.
for drag alone you really want to look into a tire with a softer sidewall than the rt615. rt615's are relatively stiff, making damn fine autox tires, but you need some give in the tires when you drag.

why do you think so many people run low pressure in the tires? search for high-speed camera footage of a drag launch for an exaggerated example of the give in the slicks being useful. they don't call them wrinklewall for nothing

also, i didn't check to see if you're lowered or not. if dragging is your main concern with the car, or you have an adjustable suspension, make sure your camber is zeroed all around for best traction. you should go back to running some negative camber for everything else, but def zero that out before taking the time to drag.

try to overcome your wheelhop by adjusting your driving style first, then throw money at it after

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by jsmonet
for drag alone you really want to look into a tire with a softer sidewall than the rt615. rt615's are relatively stiff, making damn fine autox tires, but you need some give in the tires when you drag.

why do you think so many people run low pressure in the tires? search for high-speed camera footage of a drag launch for an exaggerated example of the give in the slicks being useful. they don't call them wrinklewall for nothing

also, i didn't check to see if you're lowered or not. if dragging is your main concern with the car, or you have an adjustable suspension, make sure your camber is zeroed all around for best traction. you should go back to running some negative camber for everything else, but def zero that out before taking the time to drag.

try to overcome your wheelhop by adjusting your driving style first, then throw money at it after
yea, i want to put some HX's with some good tires for dragging, but i go the the canyons like once a week. i am dropped on some eibachs.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
so i think i got a better mix now, 20 fuel and a 38 nitrous... still keeping it a little rich i think, but its a 70 shot, and heres the video, cold bottle, but 75% full bottle about 900 psi. notice my 30 mph- 40 mph jump lol.

sorry for the crappy camera phone vid again, at least this time it has some sound... taken with me new verizon LG envy...
this seems slow to me now...

Old 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
so, how do you think a Sport AT with the 5lb JR SC, and a 50 shot would stack up if I came across someone on the road---say 805FITSPORT??? Just curious to see if its even worth my time and money?!?! I mean, if I can't even win a drag race against a rustbucket prelude, etc. i'm wasting me money!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I ran my Fit again... 16.7@80mph with a 2.4 60foot. Yes Im full interior including spare and jack.

Im still disappointed. I have an intake, T1R testpipe, axle-back.

Gutted cat VS T1R testpipe seemed to make no gain. Although I trapped 81mph with the gutted cat and 80mph with my testpipe. All I gained was sound. I felt a difference butt dyno wise. Track wise.... Could be driving?

Now that you posted what size jets youre using I might spray mine. How do you know if its running rich or not? You used a wideband yet?

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 02-26-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 PM
I ran my Fit again... 16.7@80mph with a 2.4 60foot. Yes Im full interior including spare and jack.

Gutted cat VS T1R testpipe seemed to make no gain. Although I trapped 81mph with the gutted cat and 80mph with my testpipe. All I gained was sound. I felt a difference butt dyno wise. Track wise.... Could be driving?

Now that you posted what size jets youre using I might spray mine. How do you know if its running rich or not? You used a wideband yet?
i hear back firing when i let off.... poping noise. might have somthing to do with the Fit being returnless fuel system.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM

your 60 ft will get better if the car was gutted like mine is, people saw how gutted my car is at the NRH meet. its kinda over the top.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
So i finally got some more time and decided to relocate things and check other things to make sure everything is ok, i notice one of my fuel lines was getting brital and some of my wires for silenoids were getting banged up cause they were not mounted properly.

so i made a mount for both silenoids and relocated the IAT sensor and nitrous fogger.
here is a engine bay pic.

another.

I thought the ITA was a plug, so how did you install it above.
So are you still using the 75shots
Why did you took of the head cover.

CHINA brass Tee for my fuel lines with OEM subaru fuel clamps.

Old beat up NOS fogger.

the evil brothers.....(silenoids)

another.

im getting new step colder plugs in a few days and im upping the shot. stay tuned....
oh and BTW guys, if you have a fujita CAI.... CHECK YOUR FILTER!!! heres what mine looked like after 6 months.

Nice color

Quick Reply: 805FitSport redone nitrous set-up... pics inside (IAT sensor relocated!)