Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Megan exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Megan exhaust

...anyone have any info about Megan exhausts? Esp the axel back for the Fit? How does it look and how does it sound: price less than $200...

Old 01-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

Thats when I had it on my car. It looks decent. It sounded really nice as the catback. As a axle back it isnt very loud but a deeper tone than stock. I gave my axleback to ezekielwhore so might want to pm him for better pics.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanx loads for the info. Since I have a Base then it may hang down a bit? But it does look decent. I had a complete cat-back done for my Accord a couple of years ago but the cat-back for the Fit is a bit more expensive I find. I will pm ezekielwhore for pics.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
JDMchris,

Can you hear much of a difference in sound inside the vehicle with just the Megan Axleback? For a 'non car person' would they even think you have an aftermarket exhaust from the sound?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Get the Fujitsubo Wagolis Axle back! IT's a quality JDM muffler! And it isn't loud! Nice growl only! I think someone on the board is selling it in the for sale section Used cheap!

Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
JDMchris,

Can you hear much of a difference in sound inside the vehicle with just the Megan Axleback? For a 'non car person' would they even think you have an aftermarket exhaust from the sound?

Honestly I didnt have it on as a axleback. They made me a full header back system so on my car it was pretty loud. I havent actually heard it from inside the car as just a axle back. But like I said.... Its not very loud at all. its only a little louder than stock. Im sure its noticible enough to differentiate it from stock but not like OMG just a little louder.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I actually like the looks of this one...it seems to go better with the car than some of the large round ones. Since the fit is so high in the rear, dual side-by-side pipes have a more understated spread out look...a large round can just wasn't looking right to me.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
this is the only picture i have of it at the moment. (sorry its whack) it doesnt sound bad at all. its got a deep tone sound thats not loud even at high revs.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sonorliteman
I actually like the looks of this one...it seems to go better with the car than some of the large round ones. Since the fit is so high in the rear, dual side-by-side pipes have a more understated spread out look...a large round can just wasn't looking right to me.

Here look at the Fujitsubo Wagolis. It is not a "large round can" but rather a stock looking muffler like the dual tip one, but single tip! And it's by an extreme quality manufacturing company! (NOT MADE IN CHINA!) Japan made and the shine lasts as long as the muffler! And it's designed not to hang low! Look at the tip position and the body of the muffler!

Check it out! I think he's still got it telling from the thread!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...m-muffler.html

Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM
...AND the price is?!?

Old 01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
I think that guy is selling his fujitsubo for $280 shipped in the US. That's a hella deal for one of these JDM mufflers! MSRP is over $500!!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Here look at the Fujitsubo Wagolis. It is not a "large round can" but rather a stock looking muffler like the dual tip one, but single tip! And it's by an extreme quality manufacturing company! (NOT MADE IN CHINA!) Japan made and the shine lasts as long as the muffler! And it's designed not to hang low! Look at the tip position and the body of the muffler!

Check it out! I think he's still got it telling from the thread!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale-want-buy-classified-ads/10929-fs-fujitsubo-wagolis-axle-back-jdm-muffler.html

not bad. its ok.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 AM
low almost growling sound; unlike my Accord with the large round mufflers the sound does not intrude into the cabin. And it took me 10min to install with just a standard garage jack. Looks great even on my base Fit.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
this is the only picture i have of it at the moment. (sorry its whack) it doesnt sound bad at all. its got a deep tone sound thats not loud even at high revs.

and... guess what? The price is a lot cheaper, plus good quality, than the Fujitu etc... < $200... the others > $350. Might have a better 'look' if the muffler was black with just the pipes chrome?!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 PM
2 more pics for those who are interested in this exhaust

I have this exhaust and Fujita Short Ram. Together the sound is just perfect, for me at least, it is deep and strong but not too loud. Very nice sound that will not get on your nerves on long trips.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Thumbs up

It is deep and strong but not too loud. Very nice sound that will not get on your nerves on long trips.
Ditto that response, a very nice sounding exhaust

Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned
VBPFIT & JDMish-

Thanks for your posts- perfect timing for me! I was trying to choose between the Tanabe axle-backs, A Spec, and Megan. I like the look of the twin tube Megan along with the oval muffler shape better than the other two brands. The A Spec mufflers specify only 93 db sound level, and I don't want higher noise than that. Have been waiting for an Email reply from Megan on their db specs with no answer yet. Your two posts give me enough info. to make my choice for the better looking Megan axle-back.
Thanks again--
Dave

P.s. For anyone else interested in this bolt-on axle-back, there is an Ebay seller (raceoptions) selling these at $165.00. I just ordered one.

Last edited by manxman; 04-08-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by docjim2
and... guess what? The price is a lot cheaper, plus good quality, than the Fujitu etc... < $200... the others > $350. Might have a better 'look' if the muffler was black with just the pipes chrome?!
old school RSR look, mask off the tips,spray it with some bbq grill flat black paint..i bet it would like nice that way

Old 04-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VBPFIT

This one looks a little different than the Prototype one I had. The one I had was beveled inside the tip.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
That muffler looks like poop in the 2nd pic. :/
Sorry. Looks like a regular OEM muffler with some shine.

Quick Reply: Megan exhaust