Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Megan exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Looks like a regular OEM muffler with some shine.
I don't know how you came up with that comparison... they look very different from one another. One has 1 pipe, the other has two. One angles down, the other doesn't.....

Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 AM
I like mine and I like Megen's quality but was disappointed that my arrived damaged and I didn't notice it until after I installed. I check the photos that I took pre install and sure enough there was damage. So I semi fixed where it was bent but it still looks a little off

YouTube - FIT WOT

pics pre install and post

Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by rekcah
I like mine and I like Megen's quality but was disappointed that my arrived damaged and I didn't notice it until after I installed. I check the photos that I took pre install and sure enough there was damage. So I semi fixed where it was bent but it still looks a little off

YouTube - FIT WOT

pics pre install and post

Your BOM Fit has a twin on the Central Coast. I just installed my Megan axle-back yesterday, and I like it a LOT! Now my Fit has a very pleasant voice, and in combination with the high-flow intake, the low pressure exhaust really seems to add power- acceleration off the line feels stronger, although the extra sound may be fooling me. The quality and appearance of the Megan muffler beats the hell out of the stock one.

Sorry to hear about your damage-- I was impressed with the extra strong shipping box that mine came in. Did you buy yours from Megan directly, or from a reseller? Either way, you could probably get an exchange under warranty if yours was damaged in shipping. Good luck! If the Sacramento Fit meet actually comes together in June, I'll see you there!

Dave

Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by siccmonkey
old school RSR look, mask off the tips,spray it with some bbq grill flat black paint..i bet it would like nice that way
I agree with siccmonkey. I am thinkin of getting one of these and if i did i will mask off the tips and paint the muffler flat black with bbq grill paint. I don't like the look of that muffler the way it is..

I'm trying to decide on either the Megan or the A-spec...