Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Need help with Nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Need help with Nitrous??

I am looking at getting a nitrous setup for my car, and have a few questions.

First...ZEX or NX? Are either just as good as the other?

Two...DO I want a wet or dry kit?

Three...I see that NX has a "Drive By Wire" System, do I have to get a system designed for DBW or can I still get a base system?

Please, any information would be great!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Try

RaceTested

Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
I am looking at getting a nitrous setup for my car, and have a few questions.

First...ZEX or NX? Are either just as good as the other?

Two...DO I want a wet or dry kit?

Three...I see that NX has a "Drive By Wire" System, do I have to get a system designed for DBW or can I still get a base system?

Please, any information would be great!

Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned
Not too familiar with DBW...But, I would go with NX. I would also go with a wet kit. It is a little safer as it adds fuel AND juice. Dry just adds spray and with the tiny motor, I would feel safer with a wet kit. If there are DBW specific kits, you may want to look into that. However, if you go traditional, look into spending about a grand or so total. Reason being, for the safest, most consistent induction of nitrous, I would personally look at progressive controllers. This can almost give a turbo effect in that it introduces nitrous to the engine at specific parameters. Very safe and not all of that power at once.

Good luck.

Kris

Old 03-12-2007, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
Hit up 805Sport. He is currently running a Nitrous set up.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 AM
i would go with a Zex kit, although i run a NOS silenoid setup on mine... i have a WET kit, deffinately got with a wet kit, change your plugs and buy a purge kit with it too along with a warmer. PM me for any question you may have about jet sizing and such

Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
okay so my only real question now is...just a regular wet nitrous kit will work on this car. I mean, the fact that our cars are drive by wire shouldnt make a difference, right?

Old 03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
okay so my only real question now is...just a regular wet nitrous kit will work on this car. I mean, the fact that our cars are drive by wire shouldnt make a difference, right?
will not make a difference if its DBW or not if you go with a ZEX

Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Just as 805FitSport said. BTW, post up those jet sizes so people have a good base line to start with.
So far it seems to be a good air/fuel mixture. I mean; you havent blown anything.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I just ordered my Zex "wet" kit...so hopefully here in a week Ill get it on and get to do some butt dynos.

Im assuming from 805FitSports thread that a 50 shot is about as high as I should go, correct?

Oh and I noticed that the kit I got kicks in under WOT by reading the voltage on the TPS...so what is the best technique for launching the car? I mean, if the minute you go full throttle in 1st, the nitrous kicks in I would think there would be traction issues... so do I just not turn the nitrous on until 2nd?

Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned
Well, I just ordered my Zex "wet" kit...so hopefully here in a week Ill get it on and get to do some butt dynos.

Im assuming from 805FitSports thread that a 50 shot is about as high as I should go, correct?

Oh and I noticed that the kit I got kicks in under WOT by reading the voltage on the TPS...so what is the best technique for launching the car? I mean, if the minute you go full throttle in 1st, the nitrous kicks in I would think there would be traction issues... so do I just not turn the nitrous on until 2nd?

Once again...Read above...the progressive controller will help out alot. Not to spray out of the hole, introduce nitrous into the engine slowly, lot's of safe features. To run an efficient and safe setup, that, along with 805's suggestion's are optimal.

While I agree with 805 about getting the warmer, have a gauge handy to keep an eye on the pressure. the warmer keeps the pressure up...if it is too low, you will get a surging effect. Keep the solenoids clean when installing them as any little bit of debris can affect them. I had a fuel solenoid (thank God fuel) stick open and flood the manifold with gas even after the nitrous was turned off.

Good luck.

Kris

Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 PM

ive been on a 70 shot for months now!!! 50 shot is old news... but yea, i have a NOS kit were i controll the spray when i hit the button, with yours i would suggest having the arming switch near to activate it during 2nd gear. if your going to be spraying a 50 shot then you can use nitrous in 1st gear it will help.

oh and MX6, i currently use a 20 fuel and a 38 nitrous, the car is running a bit rich too.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
70 huh? Thats awesome... what other mods do you have?

Yeah I figured I would probably just arm it in 2nd gear. That would be the best...

Im going to the track next weekend so I hope to post some 1/4 mile times. Have you ran it anywhere yet?

Last edited by 07TaffetaFit; 03-12-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
70 huh? Thats awesome... what other mods do you have?

Yeah I figured I would probably just arm it in 2nd gear. That would be the best...

Im going to the track next weekend so I hope to post some 1/4 mile times. Have you ran it anywhere yet?
i have fujita CAI, T1R pulley, colder plugs, wagolis axle back, and a T1R test pipe.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
wow nice 805, planning to hit the tracks or dyno anytime soon?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
NX is usualy a better kit IMO they always rate there shots in WHP all the NX kits ive seen make almost exactly what they are on the dyno, Zex has there "brain" but its not to complicated just a vacuum switch and a couple other things.

Wet always, Wet means your spraying gasoline and nitrous, to take care of the lean condition that the nitrous will create.

Dry you only spray nitrous, and you let the ECU add more fuel as needed, since hondas are speed density and not MAF, the computer will only know the motor has gone lean once it has burned the nitrous, so you will be running at least one power cycle before the computer has started to compensate for the lean condition.

Just be smart with it, dont spray to much i wouldnt go over 75, use 1-2 step colder spark plugs, you cant realy retarded the timming since its DIS, unless youve got some sort of engine management, Dont spray on launch's, and use a WOT switch so it will not spray durring shifts.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I was looking at NX alot, but I can get the ZEX kit I want for around $560...and its almost another $100 to get a comparable NX kit.

The kit I got has a WOT switch, well it uses voltage from the TPS to tell it when to kick on. I wasnt planning on going over 50-60 shot, so we'll see.

Oh, what kind of plgus do I need to get, and do I need to start running on 93 octane when I spray?

Last edited by 07TaffetaFit; 03-13-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I was looking at NX alot, but I can get the ZEX kit I want for around $560...and its almost another $100 to get a comparable NX kit.

The kit I got has a WOT switch, well it uses voltage from the TPS to tell it when to kick on. I wasnt planning on going over 50-60 shot, so we'll see.

Oh, what kind of plgus do I need to get, and do I need to start running on 93 octane when I spray?

there are no current set colder plugs for the Fit, but you can use NGK BKR7E for replacement. they work fine. stock fit plugs have a big gap so check the gaping on the plugs make sure they are around .042-.044.
i highly recomend using the highest possible octane you can get.

good luck!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Hey thanks 805FitSport, fit4kris, and DeivionCRX for all the info, I have always wanted to run a nitrous setup but never had the money or opportunity to do it. All your info has been great, its good to know I can turn to people on here for help...Especially with nitrous because I dont wanna do anything stupid being that this is my first time using it...

Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey thanks 805FitSport, fit4kris, and DeivionCRX for all the info, I have always wanted to run a nitrous setup but never had the money or opportunity to do it. All your info has been great, its good to know I can turn to people on here for help...Especially with nitrous because I dont wanna do anything stupid being that this is my first time using it...
it gets addicting man, so be carefull... LOL i use it everyday almost. car is still knock on wood other than a broken MAP sensor...

Old 03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
what broke the MAP sensor? Nitrous? HOw much to replace it?

Oh and, I know what you guys have posted, but just to be sure...Ill take off in 1st shift to 2nd and while accelerating in 2nd flip the arm switch, which since Im at full throttle will fire the nitrous? Is that correct. I feel so dumb, but I know Ill go out and try to do this on my own and be like wtf do I do...haha

Quick Reply: Need help with Nitrous??