Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

What do you guys think of Bolt on Turbo Kit By HKS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
What do you guys think of Bolt on Turbo Kit By HKS?

Hello, what you all think of HKS bolt on turbo kit for Jazz? I just found out. There is Stage 1,2,3 and R. They all have different HP gain.

This is the website

HKS九州サービス

Well i couldn't read Japs so anyway i just want to share.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Without looking at it on my home computer, I can't really get any kind of info out of the link (my work computer doesn't have the japanese language pack installed) but from looking at the pictures and also my past experiences with HKS turbo kits, I can tell you that it will be a very quality kit. All of the kits from them that I've dealt with were extremelly well made. At the same time though, when you buy one of their kits, a good portion of the money you're spending, is buying their name. Most of the time, not always, you can find a comparable kit produced stateside or by someone else for a lot less. The turbos they are currently using are a GT style turbo with dual ball-bearing technology, the same as Garrett turbos here stateside. There wastegates are extremelly efficient as are the Tial Sport wastegates. As far as fittings and lines, there's always Earl's, Aeroquip, Russell, etc. Their manifolds are extremelly high quality as are Peakboosts and Full-Race. Granted, Full-Race isn't currently offering anything for the L15 but from my understanding, Peakboost may be planning something. There's also Turbo Elements but I haven't spoken to anyone over there yet to see if they plan on doing anything for it yet. Their intercoolers are also very high quality but there's also some other very good manufacturers around as well. The only left would be piping and engine management. I don't know what HKS is planning to offer as far as engine management. If they offer the F-con for it, it may bring about a small problem, well, more of an annoyance than any, for people here in the states. There aren't very many tuners that are able to tune the software. For someone to be able to tune the F-con, they need to apply through HKS for that ability before they can get the software. Off the top of my head, I believe there are only a very small handful, maybe 3 or 4, of F-con tuners scattered throughout the East coast. Engine management, as we all know, can be a pretty universal thing. If you want Motec, run Motec. If you want Microtec or Megasquirt, run them. Autronic? No problem. You get the point. I've always liked HKS's piping, but at the same time, if I can't find a kit that includes piping, I can have it made up for a lot less than what they want for it and the quality is very close, if not just as good. Being that you're in Australia though, at least I'm assuming Melbourne, Australia and not Melbourne, Florida, you may get better deals on HKS products than we do here, but at the same time, no matter where you are, you still pay "HKS prices" for the "HKS name" Cheers

Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by tlohman81
Without looking at it on my home computer, I can't really get any kind of info out of the link (my work computer doesn't have the japanese language pack installed) but from looking at the pictures and also my past experiences with HKS turbo kits, I can tell you that it will be a very quality kit. All of the kits from them that I've dealt with were extremelly well made. At the same time though, when you buy one of their kits, a good portion of the money you're spending, is buying their name. Most of the time, not always, you can find a comparable kit produced stateside or by someone else for a lot less. The turbos they are currently using are a GT style turbo with dual ball-bearing technology, the same as Garrett turbos here stateside. There wastegates are extremelly efficient as are the Tial Sport wastegates. As far as fittings and lines, there's always Earl's, Aeroquip, Russell, etc. Their manifolds are extremelly high quality as are Peakboosts and Full-Race. Granted, Full-Race isn't currently offering anything for the L15 but from my understanding, Peakboost may be planning something. There's also Turbo Elements but I haven't spoken to anyone over there yet to see if they plan on doing anything for it yet. Their intercoolers are also very high quality but there's also some other very good manufacturers around as well. The only left would be piping and engine management. I don't know what HKS is planning to offer as far as engine management. If they offer the F-con for it, it may bring about a small problem, well, more of an annoyance than any, for people here in the states. There aren't very many tuners that are able to tune the software. For someone to be able to tune the F-con, they need to apply through HKS for that ability before they can get the software. Off the top of my head, I believe there are only a very small handful, maybe 3 or 4, of F-con tuners scattered throughout the East coast. Engine management, as we all know, can be a pretty universal thing. If you want Motec, run Motec. If you want Microtec or Megasquirt, run them. Autronic? No problem. You get the point. I've always liked HKS's piping, but at the same time, if I can't find a kit that includes piping, I can have it made up for a lot less than what they want for it and the quality is very close, if not just as good. Being that you're in Australia though, at least I'm assuming Melbourne, Australia and not Melbourne, Florida, you may get better deals on HKS products than we do here, but at the same time, no matter where you are, you still pay "HKS prices" for the "HKS name" Cheers
Thx for the explanation dude, it helps a lot. The thing is here in Melbourne, Australia not much or maybe there isn't people that can tune FCON, thats my only concern. And yes of course a bolt on kit by HKS wont hv any doubt in the quality. Well, im still confusing, with what brands and which company provide best for jazz, but i personally prefer HKS then other brands, but just the price is just way to high. Other company that i know made turbo kit for jazz are Top fuel (Launched) while t1r, greddy and blitz are still under progress. By having look at those brands, do you reckon i should wait for other to catch up? but i personally couldnt wait anymore... hahaha..!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Personally, I would wait it out for a bit longer and see what happens. It's such a bad feeling to spend all that money on something and then the month after you get it, someone else releases they're product that completely blows everyone else's away. Of course. that's always a risk you take but right now, we already know that there are a few companies with kits nearing production already in the pipeline. If I were you, I would at least wait until the these kits are released and make my decision. If it was me, I would go the K20 route. That's just me though. Hope this helps.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Thx anyway, i think i go with you hahaha... ill wait for a while and see the progress of other brands then we'll decide again later.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:40 PM
translation......of the japanese hks website.....

I have checked the site and found out it's on sale now....
but couldn't find the sale page nor price ....

anyways these are what I found out from the site.....
they have the bolt on kit......

<<
Fit bolt on turbo

This turbo kis is not only for the peak of power....
This is perfect turbo for the easy controllable torque in low to medium speed and litter more power.
But could be tunned for racing....

■R Revolution Turbo kit 598,000 yen (about 5,000 usd)
This turbo kit is set for power and response 
Turbos are two kinds for 1.3L and 1.5L
The core shown in the second picture is a intercooler only for this turbo kit.

It fits in the small engine room perfectly. the picture shown is 1.5 liter Fit and the 1.3 liter layout is the same....
maintenance is same as the normal non turbo fit....like change oil...coolent...

now it's on special sale... for more info, go to special sales...

Blow off valve
HKS Super sequencial blow off valve is with the turbo kit...
It fits in the small engine room like the intercooler....

F-CON SZ(only for Fit)/118,000yen (about 990 usd)

■STAGE 1 (125 hp)
kit includes:turbine/stainless eki-mani/suction pipe/chamber/HKS power-flow/F-CON iS /and small short parts for install

304,500 yen (2,550 usd)

■STAGE 2 (157 hp)
kit includes:turbine/stainless eki-mani/suction pipe/chamber/HKS power-flow/F-CON iS /intercooler/and small short parts for install
399,000 yen (3,350 usd)

■STAGE 3 (180 hp)
kit includes:turbine/stainless eki-mani/suction pipe/chamber/HKS power-flow/F-CON iS /intercooler/injector/and small short parts for install
445,200 yen (3,710 usd)

■STAGE R (190 hp)
kit includes:turbine/stainless eki-mani/suction pipe/chamber/HKS power-flow/F-CON V pro /intercooler/injector/center pipe/?????(racing part)/and small short parts for install
659,400 yen (5,500 usd)

>>>>>

Last edited by fitfitfit; 05-09-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
would b better with a fmic! but it looks like a good kit, I read a clip on hondatuning that they dyno'd it at 165whp

Old 05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Here is what I found from HKS Japan:

ボルトオンターボキット:FIT(GD3)

It does not list the IC or BOV.

I think the previous link is for the 'HKS Kyusyu' branch who have developed the IC and BOV into the Bolt on Kit and taken it to the next stage. Same thing happens with 'HKS Kansai' who are infamous for rolling out the big power JDM motors.

I am seriously tempted to go for the HKS BOT on my own car as it runs JDM engine and ECU and will work with my 7sp CVT.

I have also got a HKS BOT Mk2 Miata too which has been running FI for over 5 years without a problem. I have full confidence in the HKS setup.

Al.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
is it just me ?? This kit looks easy to install..

Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
how much izzz it? would be cool but id say save some more and swap it with the rsx type s motor(k20a2) and 6speed trans then boost that or bolt-ons

Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Anyone knows the difference between the Kyusyu set & HKS official website?

Anyone knows the difference between the Kyusyu set & HKS official website?

Under the HKS official website:

HKS official: HKS
Kyusyu:HKS九州サービス

The one looks much more handsome for the HKS compare to Kyusyu but the highest model for HKS is limited to 180hp!

Does anyone knows whether the ECU is pre-tuned for the HKS set? Like all we have to do is wiring?

I am kinda give up for the long waiting JC SC!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 AM
HKS Kyushu is one of HKS Tuning shops dotted around Japan. It is a HKS 'Factory' shop and not just a retailer (such as Autobacs).

Therefore they have more access to development and inside information from HKS Head office themselves.

HKS BOT will come with everything you need to install on your car. HKS BOT will come with a inline ECU in the form of HKS F-Con Mini which splices into your loom.

However, because yours in China made Jazz/Fit, it may have different ECU. You can check on the usability from the HKS BOT site. It list all the engine and countries for reference.

Al.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks for your answer.

If the ECU is ok then...

it means the ECU is turned? All I need to do is wiring? Am I correct?

Last edited by China FIT; 05-25-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:58 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
someone needs to make a turbo kit with a fmic that doesnt require removal of the oem fog lights. i want the t1r kit but i like my fog lights. oh the sacrifices we make for performance. =)

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
HKS is pretty solid, but i'm not like the location of that small IC. It'll be prone to heatsoak so it'll limit the amount of boost u can run and limit HP gains as well. (unless you're running a vented hood) Still solid for a basic setup, and more solid than Greddy.

As for tuning, i dont recommend the HKS FCon or any piggyback system that does not allow tuning of ignition. Last i checked, FCon does not. Emanage Ultimate (not blue), Motec, Unichip, etc. offer such tuning capabilities, and also safety features/parameters to save your engine's life. Adjust fuel alone messes with ignition timing, and in most cases, in a negative way.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I actually like the intercooler position. I like how its not seen. Theres nothing better than people NOT knowing youre turbo. However, that intercooler will heatsoak instantly.

You could always fab up some water to air intercooler.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
If u dont want ppl to know u're turbo'd, anodize your FMIC black

Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i like that turbo set up

Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
that intercooler location is pretty weird, i guess you could fab a scoop in the hood to channel airflow to the IC

Old 09-16-2007, 09:31 PM
im new to the honda fit trying to figure out if should get one but anyways im reading these posts and it sounds like the best way to go is just to build your own turbo kit seriously why would you pay like 6k only to go up 190 horsepower you could probably make your own with like the gt35. Im saying this becuase ive been looking at the 04-05 gto and its stock with 350 hp and then you buy the aps turbo kit for like 6k and your hp can go up to 500-700+ and when you compare it to this hk and aj-racing and greedy kits it really doesnt make sense. Im just putting this out there im new to the honda fit so i probably dont know what im talking about thats why i posted my other post(fastest fit/jazz on forum) so i can see what you guys are cranking out before i buy one

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of Bolt on Turbo Kit By HKS?