Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Exhaust J's vs. Spoon - which hangs lower?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Exhaust J's vs. Spoon - which hangs lower?

Hi guys,

I'm in between deciding on a full exhaust (header all the way through to muffler) for my Jazz and it's between the J's Racing Titanium and the Spoon N1. Definitely 50/50 at this stage.

I've always been a fan of the Spoon N1 (almost got one for my old DC2R) both appearance wise as well as sound wise. I understand it's loud, perhaps louder than the J's which seems to be also loud but the Spoon has an optional silencer too which might come in handy for the odd occasion.

What I do love about the J's is not the look, but the weight saving. I've seen a youtube video of the J's from one of you owners here. I heard that is has the cat-delete-pipe which I can't do here in Australia ($10,000 fine!). I assume the cat-delete-pipe makes the car a lot louder too.

At this stage it's not about price as I'd be happy to buy either but I've noticed through looking at images and footage, that the J's seems to hang a lot lower than the Spoon N1.

I've got the rear of my car quite low and with a Buddy club Pro-Spec I scrape on stuff. I'd hate to think that I would be scraping a lot on the J's. It seems to be lowest near the rear wheel, so perhaps it gets away with not scraping on anything? I'd like to hear from owners of the J's exhaust whether or not they scrape on stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help in helping me to decide!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Compared to a lot of other mufflers I've seen, the J's doesn't hang very low at all I think. That's actually one of the reasons I bought it -- it almost looks like the stock muffler for those that don't know and it tucks up fairly high under the bumper. I can't help you with scraping though, I'm at stock height so nothing short of a fire extinguisher hanging underneath is gonna scrape in most cases. The J's doesn't even come close at the moment.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
It sounds like you are leaning towards the J's. I was in the same place you were, but price had the biggest influence with me. I went with the Spoon. I am lowered with the Eibach kit and haven't had any issues with any draging. The sound was a little loud a first, but after some time had passed I really enjoy the deep throaty rumble. Either choice you make, you are getting a great product so you can't go wrong. Good luck with the decesion and make sure to let us all know what you choose!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm actually leaning towards the Spoon I've always wanted a Spoon N1, came close to getting one on the DC2R (that would have been damn loud!).

Something about the N1... it's tough! But after reading Chikubi's other thread in regards to both exhausts I'm tempted to go for the J's. The Spoon has larger diameter piping which might suit more power mods in future. We'll see. I will be sure to post up reviews, pics + dyno charts for sure once I have a system on the car.