Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K swap Vs. Stock FI

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
I kinda agree with Clay on that one.

So Stock FIt's with F.I. kits, that are mass produced by companies, can have a scale of reliability (I.E. there are no "known" reports of engine failure). Does this equal longevity? I'm not too sure though, and I don't think you are going to get a straight answer from a performance company claiming your engine to last "X" amount of miles with thier kit....

Although I am entertaining the idea od boosting the K20 one day..... hehehe

i agree with him that this site is an international one...but then again, that was never the subject of dispute was it?

hell, i wasn't even EXPECTING an actual 'our kit will last xxxxx miles' type of answer.

come to think of it, i wasn't even LOOKING for an answer, and if anyone would just take a glance back at my previous posts, i was NEVER really looking for an 'answer' per se.... i was JUST stating that no matter what reliability data claymore presented for foreign market kits, its not an acurrate depiction of how the jackson or tr1 kit will be. is that so hard to understand? this further helps the ridiculousness of claymore's comments regarding my 'insulting members of the fit freak community'.

the argument is not if fit can take boost or not, or that the jdm fit is SOOO different.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Claymore has not been in the US for awhile.... I believe he is in bangkok? or some desert... that was his old "location" but now it just says dust on the horizon...

if thats the case, he need not be so concerned then should he?

in fact, what he should be saying is stuff like "the hks/etc/anyotherkit available outside the U.S. is GREAT, but i dunno about the jacksons and the tr1 kit, they are totally different! but yeah, the fit can handle boost'.

but apparently, that is simply to much.

at any rate, this isn't what this thread is supposed to be about thats for the other F.I. threads (in which again, all he wants to do is ask questions about speed limiters and wether HE is right or not.)

gettinafit, will it be difficult to do some F.I. to the k you have in your fit? no fitment issues?

Last edited by eldaino; 01-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned
If you go back to the beginning of this post everybody else was posting about was ENGINE reliability and boost and how it would effect reliability of the stock Jazz/Fit engine but now you keep trying to change the subject of the post. If you want to discuss KIT RELIABILITY ON USDM ONLY FITS try making your own post.

Trying to gauge reliability on FI USDM Fits is like looking for a Unicorn because besides Chris's SC ONE there are none to do a reliability study on so all your questions are redundant and idle speculation and can't be answered because there is NO ANSWER you can't study anything that doesn't exist. But you can look at kits installed in other countries and see how they work and WHY would they work any different on a USDM one??? Your beating a dead horse

And why does it matter where I live and why should I have to tell you about it???? Where I or anybody else live is none of your business and is irrelevant to this or any other post.

How about we discuss this one since people overseas are the only ones doing it. And the fitment of these kits IS NOT SOOOO DIFFERENT the only difference is in the tuning for DBW not Soooo different.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ighlight=turbo

Or how about this one???

Here an idea for your new post but OOPS already been done. So maybe someone in this post would be happy to try chasing your theoretical mythical quest for information about USDM ONLY kits and leave this post about any vehicles reliability vs K-20 swap as it was intended.??????

Last edited by claymore; 01-12-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, this is such a drama thread when suppose to give opinions...I have to say Clay offered much knowledge and he's here to give his own opinions and we can keep the flames down...

But mad props for Gettinafit on success of the Kswap, this is a revolution for many of us tunning the Fit!! Can wait to see this in action our next meet...

Back to topic of discussion, I think the K20 swap will def have longer engine life, it's almost like NA boost from start

Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
If you go back to the beginning of this post everybody else was posting about was ENGINE reliability and boost and how it would effect reliability of the stock Jazz/Fit engine but now you keep trying to change the subject of the post. If you want to discuss KIT RELIABILITY ON USDM ONLY FITS try making your own post.

Trying to gauge reliability on FI USDM Fits is like looking for a Unicorn because besides Chris's SC ONE there are none to do a reliability study on so all your questions are redundant and idle speculation and can't be answered because there is NO ANSWER you can't study anything that doesn't exist. But you can look at kits installed in other countries and see how they work and WHY would they work any different on a USDM one??? Your beating a dead horse

And why does it matter where I live and why should I have to tell you about it???? Where I or anybody else live is none of your business and is irrelevant to this or any other post.

How about we discuss this one since people overseas are the only ones doing it. And the fitment of these kits IS NOT SOOOO DIFFERENT the only difference is in the tuning for DBW not Soooo different.

Or how about this one???

Here an idea for your new post but OOPS already been done. So maybe someone in this post would be happy to try chasing your theoretical mythical quest for information about USDM ONLY kits and leave this post about any vehicles reliability vs K-20 swap as it was intended.??????

oh, and .

the questions i was asking? clay, i never asked any questions. saying "hmm, i wonder if it will be reliable" is one thing, but as I (yes, me,not you) have already posted the fact that there are very few kits out there to base reliablity on, i wasn't going to be the first to jump on the band wagon.

For your information, this thread wasn't just about reliabilty, it was about EVERY aspect of K swap vs. Forced induction. When i joined in, i was just mentioning cost, and how its in the favor of F.I. for most normal people.

Beating a dead horse? how can you call someone out on that when YOU YOURSELF are just as guilty if not more? please man, you, just seem to be upset at the fact that someone called you out on quoting reliabilty on turbos' i wont even have an opportunity to try out. If its so easy to use these so called kits, plenty of people in the U.S. would have already jumped on then no?

You may want to get on me for calling out where you live, but as far is it being nobody's buisness, its kinda funny that its a requirement before you join here. What are you afraid of getting hunted down? it would have helped your argument for goodnessakes!! geez its not like i was asking for your specific address. (trust me i don't want it.)

another thing to take into consideration: you were going on and on about how reliable all this kits were....trying to convince ME someone living in AMERICA that it would a-ok. Only to go on and say this:

'there are none to do a reliability study on so all your questions are redundant and idle speculation and CAN"T be answered and there is no answer because you can't study something that doesn't exist."

so which is it? and whose asking the questions? you may want to use your thread crapping to your advantage, but the fact of the matter is that no matter how long we go on about this, i NEVER asked a single question with regards to wanting a real reliablity study.

All i said looking at foreign market fits and the kits that they use that we can't get over here in my country wouldn't be the best way to gauge reliability. Hell, i even said that i'd wait until a few more folks would get one on to see how it would go. So now you have agreed with me. Was it so hard?

why don't you take your own advice and just ignore me? dont your years of wisdom tell you that?

i can't make you understand my point, but it seems like you just did, so i guess you can let it go, as all i've been doing is responding to really rude posts.

to sum up

1. i never asked a question
2. came into this thread and posted what it was about
3. decided that your advice on 'oh yeah, the kits in other markets are great, and so even though you can't use em on yours, you'll still be fine' was subpar at best
4. and have had a great time reading your useless rhetoric, to which you no doubt leaned back after typing and said, 'damn i'm good'.

5. oh and the fact that I am in the U.S. gives me right to discuss any U.S. made kit, just like everyone else in a different country has the right to discuss one from there. Who is trying to deny anyone that? not me...but you fit the descripton a bit better.
6. and that i have had full understanding that this site was internationall from day one. DUH. who doesn't realize that? but its still interesting to note, that despite your defending this site's internationallity, i have seen very few from other countries chime in on the matter. And even then, it doesn't really assist me, because i'm waiting for some more peeps in the U.S. to get out there and give us some experiences with the Kit I'M looking at.

oh and thanks for the posts above, i was lucky that one of them was at least 3 pages. and i really appreciated your supercharger thread, in which only ONE person who actually had it on his fit posted. and yet no one else was scolded for posting their thoughts, but in this thread, everyone's 'keyboard expertise' is what you got you started in the first place.

you really need to go back a few pages and look at when all this started. If i recall correctly, you started thread shite-ing with your 'modifiying the frame' crap, proceeded to piss of a few members who have yet to come back because you tried to call us out on being young and stupid,(and then still had the audacity to say I was being insulting to OUR international members, when you have already been guilty of it.), and then tried to convince me that the l15 was boost safe, like if i said it wasn't. (see my post in response to gettinafit when he said it wasn't made for it, see my FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD too.) Get your crap straight. otherwise, your best post will be the one that you don't.

Last edited by eldaino; 01-12-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Banned
"Beating a dead horse? how can you call someone out on that when YOU YOURSELF are just as guilty if not more? please man, you, just seem to be upset at the fact that someone called you out on quoting reliabilty on turbos' i wont even have an opportunity to try out. If its so easy to use these so called kits, plenty of people in the U.S. would have already jumped on then no?"

You still don't understand the kits will Fit physically with VERY SIMPLE trimming of the piping BUT NO ONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THE DBW ECU PROBLEM ONLY that is the ONLY reason no one has done it.... no other reason it would not work SIMPLE so any information coming from their installations can be applied to the USDM one.

But it's still a unicorn search because none of your peeps have done it.

And the admin and anybody that matters know where I live... Duhhh.... how do you think I signed up and why does it matter to you where any member is posting from???

Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino

gettinafit, will it be difficult to do some F.I. to the k you have in your fit? no fitment issues?
The 02-05 Civic SI JRSC Race Supercharger 8psi Kit will fit and perform great Says Brian At Hasport! It's already been done! There is a JRSC Fit K20 out there!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
You still don't understand the kits will Fit physically with VERY SIMPLE trimming of the piping BUT NO ONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THE DBW ECU PROBLEM ONLY that is the ONLY reason no one has done it.... no other reason it would not work SIMPLE so any information coming from their installations can be applied to the USDM one.

oh...so bascially, yeah, the answer is still a no-go for those particular kits right? Like i have been saying all along? (not to mention the lack of f-com tuners the eastcoast, another inconvinience.)

But it's still a unicorn search because none of your peeps have done it.

again, WHO is disputing this? Hmm?

And the admin and anybody that matters know where I live... Duhhh.... how do you think I signed up and why does it matter to you where any member is posting from????

Wow. Just wow. I though i already said i didn't?

You must be very interesting in person.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
The 02-05 Civic SI JRSC Race Supercharger 8psi Kit will fit and perform great Says Brian At Hasport! It's already been done! There is a JRSC Fit K20 out there!

man thats awesome! i've got a buddy who has an 04 ep and he was looking at one of these kits...i think he was looking at about 180 to the wheels....

but the k20 in the ep3 is different than the k20 you have put in no? you are running a type s 200 horsie? Did brian specifiy on that?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
man thats awesome! i've got a buddy who has an 04 ep and he was looking at one of these kits...i think he was looking at about 180 to the wheels....

but the k20 in the ep3 is different than the k20 you have put in no? you are running a type s 200 horsie? Did brian specifiy on that?

Yes Of Course I have a A2 Motor! Not that EP3 A3 motor!

BUT the manifolds are interchangeable says brian. And the EP3 engine bay is likewise tight. That is why I should go for that charger but the RACE version with the 4 in pulley.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Yes Of Course I have a A2 Motor! Not that EP3 A3 motor!

BUT the manifolds are interchangeable says brian. And the EP3 engine bay is likewise tight. That is why I should go for that charger but the RACE version with the 4 in pulley.

awesome. i figured it wouldn't matter since physically the engines are the same, and yeah you are totally right about that ep being tight under the hood, almost as bad as ours if not worse!

so how much whp do you think that you'll be putting down after this kit, assuming you make around 190hp to the wheels (have you dynoed yet?)?

Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
god damn dude... i would say around 210 to 250 whp, because my friend ep3 turboed was making 260 whp

Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
god damn dude... i would say around 210 to 250 whp, because my friend ep3 turboed was making 260 whp

when i said 190whp, i 'm just throwing a number out there.

i figured that since he drives a manual, there is little drivetrain loss, and the k20a2 makes more than just 200hp even, its more like 210, so i figured that he'd be around 190 with just the k swap.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member

i figured that since he drives a manual, there is little drivetrain loss, and the k20a2 makes more than just 200hp even, its more like 210, so i figured that he'd be around 190 with just the k swap.
noo i know what you meant but i wasnt being an ass towards you... i was just saying about my friend ep3 with the turbo set up that he had

Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member

I would have to "guess" that after dyno tunning I should be somewhere in the 200-210 whp range just the K20A2 alone!

With that said, If I do go for the supercharger, then I am looking at a gain of 80 whp on an A3 motor says JRSC, so with K-Pro and Tunning after that.... I think a nice 290-300 whp Easy!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I would have to "guess" that after dyno tunning I should be somewhere in the 200-210 whp range just the K20A2 alone!

With that said, If I do go for the supercharger, then I am looking at a gain of 80 whp on an A3 motor says JRSC, so with K-Pro and Tunning after that.... I think a nice 290-300 whp Easy!

man....thats a lot going through the front wheels!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
noo i know what you meant but i wasnt being an ass towards you... i was just saying about my friend ep3 with the turbo set up that he had

ah ok. don't worry, i didn't take it as you being an ass.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
man....thats a lot going through the front wheels!
No boost for awhile. I will just enjoy it as it is for now. Maybe after a year or two if I get bored!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
No boost for awhile. I will just enjoy it as it is for now. Maybe after a year or two if I get bored!
cool. i'm a big N/A guy myself so i figured doing the k20 swap would keep you content, at least for awhile. the l15 just isn't the best staring point for N/A, so my next best option is the almost lag-free, linear power delivery of the JRSC.

but keep us posted man!

Old 01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

just wait and get the KWSC when it comes out for the Kseries

Quick Reply: K swap Vs. Stock FI