Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks SC vs. AJR turbo. Discuss.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Kraftwerks SC vs. AJR turbo. Discuss.

Since we are on the cusp of both of these companies releasing their products, this would be a good time to discuss which one you'd pick and why. No overly sensitive people here - frank, open-minded discussion only.

Hajime!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
They are both very nice kits offering a great increase in HP.

The Kraftwerks SC offers a straight install with NO additional tuning required.
Carb Legal, for all those that want to stay legal.
Practically no heat issues
No tapping of the oilpan.
Proven Reliability along with great gas mileage.

Price of the KWSC is $3495USD
Price of the AJRT is $4195USD

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 12-19-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i guess the Kraftwerks supercharger wins haha. jk but i would prefer the supercharger over the turbo for the reasons JDMchris listed, and it just seems more simple and straightforward. i've found turbo kits to be more "all over the place" in many cars, but i admit i don't know much about AJR's turbo yet, so i really am not in a good position to weigh one against the other yet.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
just playing devil's advocate based on my own experiences-
at least theoretically, any engine driven compressor will automatically result in reduced mileage. so, the AJR should have better MPG than the SC.

as far as heat, i am curious as to how the fit's motor will respond to boost in terms of knock and pulling timing.

how about the ability of either kit to sustain boost safely when used in a road race car? what octane will these kits be tuned to use?

what about other supporting mods? fuel pump, exhaust? i ask because these obviously need to priced into the total cost of going FI.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
oooooooooooh!

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

SOLD!!!

Now seriously, all of that kinda goes against what I have previously thought of with regards to SC's I dig turbos more but with the above stated...errr...uh....turbo who?

I dont get the carb legal part nor do I get the mpg part, so maybe I will do some homework to figure how this jives out, but in either case im excited!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Moderator
I believe the $4195USD price for the T1R Turbo is for the Ultimate kit that gives 160BHP. Don't quote me on that. I think the JRSC is only 140BHP, but Chris would have a better figure than me

Old 12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I believe the $4195USD price for the T1R Turbo is for the Ultimate kit that gives 160BHP. Don't quote me on that. I think the JRSC is only 140BHP, but Chris would have a better figure than me
Ben said the e-manage ultimate was going to be a upgrade option. not included with the base kit. As far as the 160 it isnt that high. The AJ-R TA Fit is on the e-manage Ultimate making 165whp. so I am assuming their base kit is showing HP to the crank and thus should be about 147whp from what i remember from their Dyno which can be found on the site. Hopefully ben can chime in and correct the numbers if I am wrong.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Ben said the e-manage ultimate was going to be a upgrade option. not included with the base kit. As far as the 160 it isnt that high. The AJ-R TA Fit is on the e-manage Ultimate making 165whp. so I am assuming their base kit is showing HP to the crank and thus should be about 147whp from what i remember from their Dyno which can be found on the site. Hopefully ben can chime in and correct the numbers if I am wrong.
Yeah I can't say for sure, don't remember the exact numbers. The price posted I think is for the Ultimate...or maybe not...I'll let Ben elaborate

EDIT:

Just checked AJ's section, looks like the turbo kit with their exhaust yields 146.33WHP & 138.13ftlbs Torque. With the Ultimate E-Manage, it goes up to 165.25WHP & 162.22ftlbs Torque. Not bad, and Ben has been on the track a few times including daily driving without any problems.

Last edited by Illusive; 12-19-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor
The T1R Type-S Turbo kit is $3695CAD with E-man (Blue). There are a few more upgrades option so in the future, you wanna upgrade, it will be easy.

STD Type-S kit with Emanage blue is making 147whp. this kit has been track proven and 1 year of daily abusing

We had also proven with our previous N.A. setup in (2006) Super street time attack, we came in 2nd which is less than a second slower than K20A Fit. This year (2007) with our T1R kit, the results have proven one more time that it has the ability to be faster than K20A+JRSC at the track.

Nothing has broke so far LOL

Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Chris you mention "Proven Reliability". Aren't you the only one with a prototype kit running? I just ask because I know of at least 4 people that have been running T1R prototype turbo's for at least 6 months. I know for a fact that both you and a few of the AJR guys have had problems with their kits that have now been solved, but I'm wondering how you can promote "proven reliability" when it's just been you running the kit?

For myself, the base JRSC option sounds the best for me, simple bolt on and the cost is low. I look forward to hearing more performance and reliability reports from other (besides chris) JRSC supercharged fit owners.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Chris you mention "Proven Reliability". Aren't you the only one with a prototype kit running? I just ask because I know of at least 4 people that have been running T1R prototype turbo's for at least 6 months. I know for a fact that both you and a few of the AJR guys have had problems with their kits that have now been solved, but I'm wondering how you can promote "proven reliability" when it's just been you running the kit?

For myself, the base JRSC option sounds the best for me, simple bolt on and the cost is low. I look forward to hearing more performance and reliability reports from other (besides chris) JRSC supercharged fit owners.

Im actually for the t1r kit on this topic BUT is anyone running a t1r kit at lower elevation??? and at 100+ degrees like jrsc is?????

Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts

The Kit has been run by Their fit on the track numerous times. The ONLY thing we had happen that was solved was I bottomed out one day and had a conflict with the belt and axle... This was a easy fix that has been taken care of. Car has been run in 40 degree temps as well as 110 degrees. I have been running the Kit for almost a year now and have nothing go wrong but the minor relocation of a bracket.

Also Oscar Jackson has been making Supercharger Kits for YEARS... So much testing goes into a kit before its released to make sure it is reliable.

AND as far as Fuel economy check the new siphon for the writeup that happened ... I believe Ben also said he experienced a increase in mpg.

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 12-20-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member

isn't the KWSC without intercooler, and the AJRT with intercooler?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:31 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kennef
just playing devil's advocate based on my own experiences-
at least theoretically, any engine driven compressor will automatically result in reduced mileage. so, the AJR should have better MPG than the SC.

my best tank of gas was 41mpg... I avg usually about 36mpg

as far as heat, i am curious as to how the fit's motor will respond to boost in terms of knock and pulling timing.

With what I know about the skunk2/Kraftwerks Fit that was turboed(now powered by Kraftwerks) is that the Fit responds very well with boost, and not many issues arrose.

how about the ability of either kit to sustain boost safely when used in a road race car? what octane will these kits be tuned to use?

Oscar Jr tracked the JR Fit many times without any problem. 91 octane is used on ALL FI cars.

what about other supporting mods? fuel pump, exhaust? i ask because these obviously need to priced into the total cost of going FI.

With the KWSC, you need NOTHING extra. Bolt up and go!
. . . . . . .

Old 12-20-2007, 01:33 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
isn't the KWSC without intercooler, and the AJRT with intercooler?
KWSC doesnt require a intercooler, but will be available as a upgrade option.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
KWSC doesnt require a intercooler, but will be available as a upgrade option.
your dyno #'s are with intercooler though correct?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:37 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
your dyno #'s are with intercooler though correct?
They are WITHOUT a intercooler.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
They are WITHOUT a intercooler.
ok. so with the intercooler you are getting the extra 10hp? I'm just checking since i'm looking into the KWSC too. Was planning on turbo, but SC might be enough to pass people on the freeway...

Old 12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i am still running without a intercooler.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
The Kit has been run by Their fit on the track numerous times. The ONLY thing we had happen that was solved was I bottomed out one day and had a conflict with the belt and axle... This was a easy fix that has been taken care of.

Also Oscar Jackson has been making Supercharger Kits for YEARS... So much testing goes into a kit before its released to make sure it is reliable.
Yep I remember reading about that exact issue, and have no doubts that Jackson can build a quality product. I was just wondering if there was another kit hidden somewhere that was being used on another fit besides yours. Because while I am excited about the Supercharger kit... like any other product I buy, I always like to hear reviews of the product from other end users, and since you are the only one with the SC kit I need a second opinion before I can commit myself to buy this.

I'm not sold on either kit just yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC vs. AJR turbo. Discuss.