Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Lightweight Pully Questions. Mythelogy or others.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Lightweight Pully Questions. Mythelogy or others.

hey guys so im looking at doing some things to my fit to help with pick up and go. the highest my revs go is about 4.5 to 5k but almost never happens. and i want more low end responce. so a cai intake may get added but its not gunna help my problems. obviously FI will help but i dont have that much money haha. soooooo i was thinking about installing a lightweight pully. obviously its significantly lighter than stock. so it will increse performance BUT!! to what degree? is it an actualy hp gain? or is it like a lightweight flywheel? where when you dyno you dont see any gains but when you drive the responce is improved. also what are the downsides i noticed someone saying that gas consumption is incresed but to what degree... if anyone has a pully or knows about them please lemme know i need ya help muh babes.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
I have Summit pulley, and you will notice that the pick up is faster, and the rev climbs faster.

Originally Posted by s0x
hey guys so im looking at doing some things to my fit to help with pick up and go. the highest my revs go is about 4.5 to 5k but almost never happens. and i want more low end responce. so a cai intake may get added but its not gunna help my problems. obviously FI will help but i dont have that much money haha. soooooo i was thinking about installing a lightweight pully. obviously its significantly lighter than stock. so it will increse performance BUT!! to what degree? is it an actualy hp gain? or is it like a lightweight flywheel? where when you dyno you dont see any gains but when you drive the responce is improved. also what are the downsides i noticed someone saying that gas consumption is incresed but to what degree... if anyone has a pully or knows about them please lemme know i need ya help muh babes.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM
sox you get max benefits if you mod cai intake + crankpulley + exhaust system. anyone missing you reap less in return. happy modding!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rikeys
sox you get max benefits if you mod cai intake + crankpulley + exhaust system. anyone missing you reap less in return. happy modding!
Are you saying that the pulley is restricting airflow somewhere?

Old 02-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Fit doesn't have Harmonic Damper, so no need to worry. I have it almost a year and nothing went wrong