Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Japan Turbo for 1st Gen Fit/Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:12 AM
HKS Japan Turbo for 1st Gen Fit/Jazz

After tired of waiting for JR Supercharger, I'm finally decided to try the HKS Turbo Stage 3. this turbo kit was released May 2007 by HKS Japan Company. this kit is a revised version of the former HKS Kyushu turbo kit. the upgrades are the new front mount intercooler (small that fit in oem bumper yet effective) and a new Super Power Flow Air Filter (3-layer instead of 2-layer of the green SPF Filter).

Stage 1: Consist of HKS Turbo, F-Con is, Aluminium Piping, boost 0,3bar producing 150ps. Recommended for A/T Fit

Stage 2: Stage 1 + Intercooler Type S & HKS Blow off, boost 0,4bar producing 165ps.

Stage 3: Stage 2 + Upgrade injectors & Fuel Press, Boost 0,55bar, producing 180ps with Catalyc Converter, 200ps without Catalyc

This turbo has very little turbo lag & improves the power from 3000rpm.

there is an option to purchase the turbo kit w/out the F-con computer because F-con can only be programmed by authorised HKS dealer. the good thing about it is that it has an on-screen display that will show the Water Temp, REv, Speed, Ignition, Injector Output, Air Flow etc which detected from ECU.

For more details of my car, you can check this Modifikasi.Com :: View topic - JDM Jazz GD3 Type S(imple), Do You Have a honda?

Old 01-12-2008, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
nice....i wonder if i can get that in the US....=)

Old 01-12-2008, 10:55 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
woooooooooooooooooowwww. thats hot lol way sexier than the supercharger and better results too me thinks. whos got money? lol

Old 01-12-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Nice, so youre running around about 180-200 HP in a Fit. Cant even imagine how fun that would be. It's nice HKS decided to go with a FMIC. Their first kits were TMIC were they?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
whoa.. stage 3

banyak uang dblanjakan ya

super fun ride i must say

Old 01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Very clean! I like the intercooler... looks like it's compatible with the Sport Fog lights!

On the downside, getting a surge of power starting at 3k RPM is not for me. My A/T Fit is used mostly for city driving, where it cruises between 1800 and 2500. So when I need to change lane, get by a city bus or go through a yellow light, I need instantaneous power! No wait!

Unless... the kit is VERY affordable: is it so? For 1.3L or 1.5L engine?

Last edited by tricolor; 01-13-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
thanks for comments.
yes, the new FMIC is way better style or performance (I can feel the effectiveness by touching/comparing the in(L)&out(R) pipe). the price is somewhat similar to the price of JRSC.
for A/T, SC may a better solution for traffic city driving (under 2500rpm) but turbo is better for M/T in less traffic city driving and highway(can't get enough of the feeling when ke turbo+VTEC kicks)
For comparison only: the car is now able to keep up with Subaru WRX.

My comments after driving several fit turbo (idsi/vtec & MT/AT and) owned a JRSC'ed Civic is that for A/T driving a boosted Fit will make the car fun to drive (w/ CVT, the turbo is always boosted during gear change, no sound of blow off during shift) but for M/T, turbo will give produce a faster car.

Hope this helps for Fit Power Hunger :-D

Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
more pics of your intercooler, tranny cooler setup please. Also do you have 5spd or auto/CVT?

also why did you cut a hole in the bumper and put a computer fan grill on it? just curious on the mods you did since I can't read indonesian.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
also...about the FCon

you stated it has an output for the FCon to read info...what else does it do? That would look pretty cool on my Avic-D3 (double din Pioneer headunit)

Also what was the cost of the stage 3 turbo kit comparable to USD?

Old 01-14-2008, 03:49 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
woooooooooooooooooowwww. thats hot lol way sexier than the supercharger and better results too me thinks. whos got money? lol

hes at .55bars which is about 8psi. also from the stock run looks to be hp to the flywheel. so it should be somewhere around 165whp?

Im at 5psi making similar numbers on a CARB LEGAL kit As well as AJ-Rs turbo kit.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
hes at .55bars which is about 8psi. also from the stock run looks to be hp to the flywheel. so it should be somewhere around 165whp?

Im at 5psi making similar numbers on a CARB LEGAL kit As well as AJ-Rs turbo kit.
i thaught the last time me and you talked about this you said your 5 psi was putting out about 145 whp? also carb legal is important i was just saying that the fat blow off valve and the hks honecomb filter is sexxxxxxxy lol either way you both smoke me hahah js makes good stuff for sure but its more expensive. if hks and js put out the same and i can save a grand ill take the hks kit fo sho SO CAL MEET SOOOOON!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
and

and in so cal id probly have a super charger anyways cuz of all the damn congestion and stop and go driving. but if it was purly asthetics id go for the turbo. also if your at 145 at 5psi and hes at 8 psi and 165 than it is pretty similar but his still goes PSSHHHHHHH when he shifts haha.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 AM
i drill a hole on the bumper where the fog lamp should be to give air to my oil cooler which located behind it. this the picture:

btw, the fan grill is temporary until I get either a billion air duct or Fit foglamp cover painted yellow

I have a 5-speed tranny w/ Mugen Short shift.
about the F-Con, it helps to keep your dashboard clean from several meters. it can display water & oil temp, boost, oil & fuel press, Rev, Speed, timing, air flow, injector output, throttle and more

>Christ: Wow, 165whp at 5psi w/ cat on. that's a big improvement. I just wondering if the car suffer a driveablitiy at low end to compensate the big power output. AJR make a very good turbo kit (165whp @6psi) w/ greddy ultimate, make me wonder if I should try to switch from F-Con to Greddy???

Last edited by 200psGD3; 01-14-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
I have had mixed reviews of the FCon. Info from it running extremely rich, which would cause lower MPG results as well as not running to it’s full potential and the big kicker not being able to tune it well since there is only a limited # of people that can tune it and tune it well, which usually cost upwards of $$$$.

Greddy Emanage, and Emanage Ultimate has user interfaces that allow endusers to tune and do more trial and error. Another good ECU is the AEM but nothing is made for the Fit yet and I can’t wait for it to come out allowing more flexibility as well as having a wideband 02 built right in for self tuning at all RPM’s.

As for the #’s the HKS kit (stage 3)looks to be on par with the T1R kit (with Ultimate) on final output, now the big things to ask is what are the A/F for the HKS kit at the output as well as the T1R unit. Both look to include injectors and fuel pressure regulator upgrades. But as for the tune part, HKS tends to like to run rich and not allowing end users to get it tuned as easily compared to the Greddy E-manage with is the major downfall of the HKS kit which is also why it’s running slightly higher boost.

We won’t get to see any real #’s or information for a while in the US, unless somebody decides to let the cat out of the bag.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
i thaught the last time me and you talked about this you said your 5 psi was putting out about 145 whp? also carb legal is important i was just saying that the fat blow off valve and the hks honecomb filter is sexxxxxxxy lol either way you both smoke me hahah js makes good stuff for sure but its more expensive. if hks and js put out the same and i can save a grand ill take the hks kit fo sho SO CAL MEET SOOOOON!
The old kit!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
honeycomb mesh

not part of the kit, but a body mod you made no? now the intercooler, obviously thats part of the deal!

it looks great!

but as far as the numbers go...i don't think the JRSC is a pain to drive down low...the dyno of the OLD kit shows that it makes power very early...you have to remember this is a new type of charger, not the old roots or eaton type. and there is not intercooler or oil intercooler even necessary,, (though i'll be opting for an intercooler.)

Last edited by eldaino; 01-16-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
I have had mixed reviews of the FCon. Info from it running extremely rich, which would cause lower MPG results as well as not running to it’s full potential and the big kicker not being able to tune it well since there is only a limited # of people that can tune it and tune it well, which usually cost upwards of $$$$.

Greddy Emanage, and Emanage Ultimate has user interfaces that allow endusers to tune and do more trial and error. Another good ECU is the AEM but nothing is made for the Fit yet and I can’t wait for it to come out allowing more flexibility as well as having a wideband 02 built right in for self tuning at all RPM’s.

As for the #’s the HKS kit (stage 3)looks to be on par with the T1R kit (with Ultimate) on final output, now the big things to ask is what are the A/F for the HKS kit at the output as well as the T1R unit. Both look to include injectors and fuel pressure regulator upgrades. But as for the tune part, HKS tends to like to run rich and not allowing end users to get it tuned as easily compared to the Greddy E-manage with is the major downfall of the HKS kit which is also why it’s running slightly higher boost.

We won’t get to see any real #’s or information for a while in the US, unless somebody decides to let the cat out of the bag.
someone has to take one for the team and try out the new AEM F/IC, it looks really promising... ive been contemplating when i should just bite the bullet and just purchase one.... maybe next month i will

Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
The old kit!
So, JDMChris does your new kit make 165 whp with only 5lbs. boost and same price as the old?

Last edited by 08FitSport; 01-30-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
HKS Turbo kit for the US GD3 MT

HKS - Turbo Kit - Bolt On - Nengun Performance

Is this the correct listing?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
If its under $3k to turbo my fit, It will be turbo this summer when I move to san antonio