2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Hks fit ge turbo bolt on soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Hks fit ge turbo bolt on soon

I got message from HKS that it started to set up turbo kit for FIT GE.

Here is products including in Turbo Kit:

1. Turbo T25 60T A/R 0.63 Boost at 29.4 kPa(0.3kgf/cm2)
(HKS Claimed over 200 ps for this turbo)

2. HKS Intercooler (400mm*128mm*65mm)

MAX POWER 142ps/6500rpm (from std 126ps/6900rpm)
MAX TORQUE 19.4kg・m/4700rpm (from std 15.6kg・m/4600rpm)

PS. 1. HKS F con IS + HKS Tail Muffler + Fuel : Octane 100 STD in Japan
2. Turbo kit not including HKS F-con IS and Tail Muffler

Really liked it, waiting for launching.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
this needs to be moved to the GE8 section.

i hope they have this in the US, i want to move to California and i know HKS will have a carb number for this, so inspection would be fine..

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 AM
any note on what the price might be

Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM
140 HP? No thanks.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
With 140 HP, you couldn't even touch a Civic si, let alone a mustang lol.
I'm all about making Honda's fast, but as you said k series would be the way to go. But of course, mounts are unavailable.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fluid
I got message from HKS that it started to set up turbo kit for FIT GE.

Here is products including in Turbo Kit:

1. Turbo T25 60T A/R 0.63 Boost at 29.4 kPa(0.3kgf/cm2)
(HKS Claimed over 200 ps for this turbo)

2. HKS Intercooler (400mm*128mm*65mm)

MAX POWER 142ps/6500rpm (from std 126ps/6900rpm)
MAX TORQUE 19.4kg・m/4700rpm (from std 15.6kg・m/4600rpm)

PS. 1. HKS F con IS + HKS Tail Muffler + Fuel : Octane 100 STD in Japan
2. Turbo kit not including HKS F-con IS and Tail Muffler

so +16 hp increase max w/fcon and muffler (which is not included in the kit) and about 8 lbs of torque max. hmmm... are there other ways of attaining this gain w/ simple bolt-ons? i know an intake can net up to 7hp or so...but after that, its pretty hard without proper tuning. i guess we might as well save up for a k-series and pray for a mount to be made. :P

Old 06-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Those are wheel HP numbers.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
With 140 HP, you couldn't even touch a Civic si, let alone a mustang lol.
I'm all about making Honda's fast, but as you said k series would be the way to go. But of course, mounts are unavailable.

both cars also both weigh well over 3k pounds.

and thats with the stock fuel system and everything completely stock... imagine if you changed the fuel injectors and rails, and pump to throw in 2x the gasoline.. that turbo kit would be more appealing.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Boost is very good.... I don't think that all of those that suggest a K swap have ever driven a boosted Fit or have a clue as to the cost involved in doing the swap.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
i think the only way to go with the K is to get custom mounts...ive asked around town and it looks like just the mounts alone are gonna cost me 1k....i think ill pass for now

Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
There is no way in hell that I would ever be able to afford to what a swap would entail much less perform all of the wrenching myself..... I have found the KWSC high boost kit was easy for me to install by myself and it works beautifully, there are still things I can do to increase the power beyond what it now has and as it is right now I am having a ball.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
so +16 hp increase max w/fcon and muffler (which is not included in the kit) and about 8 lbs of torque max. hmmm... are there other ways of attaining this gain w/ simple bolt-ons? i know an intake can net up to 7hp or so...but after that, its pretty hard without proper tuning. i guess we might as well save up for a k-series and pray for a mount to be made. :P
It is 3.8kg-m increase which is more like 27lb-ft of torque not 8. 1kg-m is approximately 7.2lb-ft. Though their figure of 15.6kg-m is not stock for the L15A, it is 14.8kg-m, which maybe the figures they are putting up as stock include the exhaust already?

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 06-02-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Boost is very good.... I don't think that all of those that suggest a K swap have ever driven a boosted Fit or have a clue as to the cost involved in doing the swap.
You may be right. But in my case I know exactly what it costs. Unfortunately I have a boosted k in a 98 Civic. Lol
There's just so much potential with the k. Reliable potential.

To each his own, but if I'm putting a $3k power adder, it better be going faster than 15s.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
What is unfortunate about having a K boosted in a Civic?

And I don't believe you know exactly what it costs if you are basing it off of what your Civic cost. Most likely more than it cost to swap in the K and boost it just because of more work needing to be done to accomplish the feat.

Everyone at all into motors knows the K is reliable potential. That's not the issue, I was quoted by FK Garage up in Saitama anywhere from 3~5 million yen to accomplish the swap as extensive work needed to be done for it to be street legal. That figure is awfully high and for sure it could be done much cheaper stateside and laws are not as stringent in most places there as they are here when it comes to engine swaps. This is the only reason that stroker kits were being sold in Japan to up the capacity of the stock motor for a bit more power, but it appears to still be the stock motor. The issue for most is cost and also that there is not ready made mounts and the fact that even with just mounts, more is going to need to be done to fit the K in and the car still be a blast to drive (not straight shit).

I'm sure the kit is going to cost more than $3000 as they are going to want to recoup some of the R&D (however much that really was) back. How many kits do you think they will sell overall? This is the same reason that Kraftwerks said they are not doing anything for the GE. It's very cost prohibitive to manufacture parts for a car that most people buy as simple daily transportation. This car was never intended to be something for enthusiasts to tinker with. Doesn't mean some won't do it, but knowing this beforehand, one should realize there is not going to be much available for it and what all is available should be appreciated and not just expected. Which, unfortunately, is the case for some people these days.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

I'm sure the kit is going to cost more than $3000 as they are going to want to recoup some of the R&D (however much that really was) back.

yeah thats true.. it sucks because theres many kits out there that sell for 3k-3.5k with fuel system and everything all included...

But if they did something like that we wouldn't see that kind of gain anymore.. because then they could throw some extra parts to actually complete the second half of whats missing..... the fuel system, to burn all that extra air being sucked in.

hopefully the final kit here in the US would include larger fuel injectors and fuel rails and pumps.

also... whats up with all this K engine replys? this is the about HKS's turbo system.. we should be happy they are making one for us... if we wanted a K series motor we would drive Civic SI's.

only time will tell.. lets just hope the Honda Fit keeps selling and in huge numbers, then the aftermarket stuff will come in quickly.

Last edited by Vash; 06-03-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Unfortunate BC the amount of money I spent lol

Yea it'll be much more labor intense.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
I don't equate low E.T.s on a drag strip or 0 to 60 times as major criteria for a car with less than 1500 cc that weighs in at 1.25 tons and think that it is silly that so many on this forum do... I was into that in the 60s and early 70s and have done my share of engine builds and swaps.. I have also ruined a number of decent cars an motorcycles and spent a small fortune replacing broken parts.... If the K swap is such a bargain wouldn't there be a market for the parts to do a swap into the Fit?....You certainly can not return the car to it's stock condition after a swap and sell the car and parts separately and there are very few people that will be standing in line to purchase such a car without you taking a tremendous loss..... If an engine swap was a viable option there would be numerous people here driving Fit's with K motors instead of boasting about about how such a swap is superior to other options while they continue to drive relatively stock cars because someone has given them the idea that any thing a less than 15 second 1/4 mile E.T. is the only reason to boost an engine..... If that was the way my present thinking was I would still be building and rebuilding air cooled VWs and stuffing big block engines into old stripped out pickups.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Tex no 1 said the k was a bargain.
I'm just stating my own opinion.
Personally if I'm dumping 3k (which we all realize, the kit would be more) I expect a quick car. Sure everyone has a different idea as to what quick means. We are in a world today Where family cars run 14s. Do They handle like the fit ? Course not. Listen, I'm not knocking those that have gone FI in their fit. Alllll I'm saying is.. not for me. I'd rather take 3k and buy a f4i..

And as far as the popularity of the k. Wait til the GD is worth about 5k and watch k powered fits pop up everywhere.
Not many people are comfortable hacking up a semi new car. .so as it gets older and cheaper, it will be more attractive to "tuners".. shit.. that was my plan for my GD before my buddy totaled It.. I was gonna rack up miles, pay It off and throw a k at It.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
We are in a world today Where family cars run 14s. Do They handle like the fit ?
MAYBE with a professional driver...

iam a seasoned veteran at the track.. you put a STOCK car with Drag M/T ET's vs the same car with just Drag Radials with DOUBLE the horsepower to the wheels... the Bone stock car would eat the second one alive

hell.. iam tempted to say.. it would still eat the second car alive even if you had Drag Radials equiped.

EDIT: of course on a roll the car with 2x the horsepower would rip the stock one a new one.. but then your Quartermile times wouldn't even be valid anymore.. because its on a ROLL

EDIT2: its cool that your hating on the HKS turbo kit.. but what they are doing is just giving you the bases of the power. Thats why the numbers are so small.. this is designed to keep the same reliability and everything the car has stock. if you want too... you could open it up and change the fuel system and really see the numbers go up....

Last edited by Vash; 06-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Yea I am just using the quarter mile times as an example of performance.

And I completely understand potential with upgrading the parts u stated. Like I said, I have a Turbo k series. And nothing is stock. But .. like u said.
More boost will cost more money.. And become less reliable. .which brings me to my original point.. at that point, you'll be in k series price range, without the k reliability.
I'm really not trying to start nothing, hope you guys don't feel like I'm raggin on ya.. just my 2 ¢

Quick Reply: Hks fit ge turbo bolt on soon