2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Hks fit ge turbo bolt on soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
I would venture to say it would be a minimum of $10k to put a K into a GE. Like I said, the price here I was quoted was $36 ~ 55k. Ummmmmm, that is getting close to picking up an early model NA1 (NS-X).

Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
10k would be pretty accurate. . With labor and tuning and a few bolt ons. .
It wouldnt be something I'd do to a newer fit.. only after I got my use and money out of the stock motor.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Like that HKS is developing the parts, but as HKS goes the kits are ungodly expensive, and the FCON is tricky to tune, and considering the kit does not control fueling or spark - its kind of 1/2 assed. Mind you, I'm sure they will offer a kit with FCON-V, injectors, pump, etc. But as most HKS turbo kits go it will surely be in the $5000+ range. And for what? 180whp? It kind of defeats the purpose of the Fit doesn't it?

After all, it still is a Fit. If you want to troll Mustangs and Camaros on the highway, but a shitbox Civic - swap a cheap B-series into it and you'd be suprised at the results.

I know I'll get flamed, but I kind of don't get the point of putting thousands of dollars into a FWD car and a 1.5L engine. In the end of the day you may have a nice 170whp that can MAYBE run a mid 13 - but you are in the end still driving a Fit.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
"in the end you will still be driving a Fit"...... That is what makes it so cool.... There is not a thing wrong with that, is there???

Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
"in the end you will still be driving a Fit"...... That is what makes it so cool.... There is not a thing wrong with that, is there???
yeah iam personally not embarrassed by the fit either.. lol, but iam sure many people are.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:42 AM
It's not that the Fit isn't cool, its the fact that modding the Fit to be fast in a straight line defeats all the points that make the Fit cool in the first place.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by Vash
yeah iam personally not embarrassed by the fit either.. lol, but iam sure many people are.
I <3 my Fit.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITProject
It's not that the Fit isn't cool, its the fact that modding the Fit to be fast in a straight line defeats all the points that make the Fit cool in the first place.
Even with the added power of a supercharger and additional tuning, I seem to speed up when approaching curves and continue accelerating on through it to slow down once I am on a straight again..... Acceleration is alright but it is lateral g force that I am addicted to.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
I know I'll get flamed, but I kind of don't get the point of putting thousands of dollars into a FWD car and a 1.5L engine. In the end of the day you may have a nice 170whp that can MAYBE run a mid 13 - but you are in the end still driving a Fit.
This could be said about any vehicle one owns and modifies don't you think? Even your hypothetical about purchasing a Civic and dropping a B into it. I mean what really is the difference between the Fit and any other vehicle? Your last statement sounds as if the Fit is something you don't really want, but are stuck with or something. If that really is the case, get rid of it if the FF drivetrain and 1.5 liter engine doesn't cut it.

And what is the damn fascination with quarter mile times by what seems a good majority of people in the US? This is something I have never understood and I'm American. Go drive your Fit, I mean really drive it and you may come to appreciate it more and this kit would only add to that fun. I'm not into boosting, never have been and probably never will be, just love the mekatuned (NA) feel, of course knowing supercharging somewhat keeps this linear feel, it still is not my thing.

Anyways, don't take this as a flame, but something I don't understand, as in why do you even have a Fit since it is just a Fit?

Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I love my Fit for the handling, the price point, the mileage, the utility, for a lot of things. Speed wasn't one of them. But I think on the traditional side of things, the added power can easily upset the balance of the car.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying I don't like my Fit - I'm just saying that it wouldn't be in my interests to screw up a good thing. If I want to go fast, I'll buy a fast car.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM
The purpose of HKS Turbo kit is to make the Fit having fun to drive with same range consumption rate. (eco car on the daily drive)

Yes, it's still stock all, only Turbo kit +adding piggyback ECU (+ some muffler and air filter if you want its.).

HKS confirms that turbo kit can go over 200 whp if you do your work more than standard kit.

Horsepower that you saw is wheel horsepower with stock injectors (around 190cc). When you tune this kit, you will gonna know that injectors aren't enough to produce more horsepower. If you would like to add more HPs, just modify more from that. (fuel supply, etc.)

Of course the price (I think) is somewhere around $3,000.

From my country I had the dyno result and stock Fit is 90-95 whp and HKS Turbo kit can produced around 125-130 whp with all stock. (adding on used HKS F con IS)

One of my friend modifying injector to use 2J vvti Turbo injectors (around 550cc+), it produced 155 whp for stock Fit. He plans to modify performance pistons and connecting rods which he can boost up more than 0.4 bar as that.

It's your money, all you want is in your hand. If you love to cruise wth the Fit and have fun with that, just some modifing will make you feel that more.

Sorry that I'm not good in English that much.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hey fluid, your English is fine.... I think boost is a good thing as long as you don't over do it.... The Fit is a great car in its stock form and with boost there is no change until you put your right foot down.... Boost is cheaper and more fun than a country club membership and weekend of golf.... If you want to play you've got to pay.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Boost is cheaper and more fun than a country club membership and weekend of golf.... If you want to play you've got to pay.

Quote for truth.

And yesterday I chipped in on a birdie from 50 yards out.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
I love my Fit for the handling, the price point, the mileage, the utility, for a lot of things. Speed wasn't one of them. But I think on the traditional side of things, the added power can easily upset the balance of the car.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying I don't like my Fit - I'm just saying that it wouldn't be in my interests to screw up a good thing. If I want to go fast, I'll buy a fast car.

its not just making it faster its making it better. you can still get the reliability and good gas mileage from a turbo car while still having the added hp. fit is a great car but highway speeds suck

building a kit would be cheapest route

Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Turbo kit in Thailand

Where can I buy a turbo kit for a 2009 Jazz in Thailand?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Chiangmai Jazz
Where can I buy a turbo kit for a 2009 Jazz in Thailand?
Call me 0863444005

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA9cvbZ87zE[/youtube]

Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
my fit beets all of the so called fast cars up and down the canyon!! sti,srt4,350z,audi A3,wrx modified. ive canyon cruised with all of them and none of them can keep up with me on the corners and i have stock everything just rims and tires. of course they all can ketch me on the straight aways but i kill em on the rest and so if i were to turbo or sc the fit there would be no competition (except pourche's ha ha ) and the 1/4 mile can go suck it !!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 AM
wow very cool. When and where can I get this? How much is this kit going to cost?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have any pictures of the engine bay?

Quick Reply: Hks fit ge turbo bolt on soon