Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

The effect of midpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
The effect of midpipe?

Alright guys ,I have a t1r test pipe and tanabe concept g exhaust. What will the midpipe do in terms of sound? mellow out?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fung88
Alright guys ,I have a t1r test pipe and tanabe concept g exhaust. What will the midpipe do in terms of sound? mellow out?
i doubt it. i'd bet it makes it louder. IN FOR INFO!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i doubt it. i'd bet it makes it louder. IN FOR INFO!
Me too!

(i'm assuming you want info... hahaha)

Old 01-16-2008, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
guess i'll let you guys know when i get it installed! i really hope it will mellow out the raspy sound of my exhaust!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Dam i have that midpipe
gotta love that rice honda tone...absloutley loves it crusing with that thing down granville
100% head turner it's like"hey pplz i got this super cool 1.5l vtec super honda jdm car"

Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
daym that mid pipe is expensive. i hope it doesn't sound all raspy and stuff.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
I bought the aspec bpipe!! maybe 20dollars more then megan.. Well worth it!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
glad u like it. I LOVE my aspec mid-pipe.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
ahha i havent installed it yet..! Koolkevin i think you should post a vid!

Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
i have the megan mid-pipe sounds great...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Retired Moderator
Spoon mid/B-pipe FTW!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by fung88
So by test pipe, you mean you've removed your catalytic converter?

I'm sorry, but that's just an asinine thing to do. If you want a faster car, buy one, as opposed to yanking off something that helps offset pollution.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
From what I've heard from reliable sources, using a test/down pipe or doing a "Cat Delete" will make your car louder.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
i have the megan mid-pipe sounds great...
really? which muffler are you using cause my megan axle-back sounds
like shit. i hate the cheezy arospeed kinda universal tone.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gar1013
So by test pipe, you mean you've removed your catalytic converter?

I'm sorry, but that's just an asinine thing to do. If you want a faster car, buy one, as opposed to yanking off something that helps offset pollution.
Were all going to die someday. Why not have some fun till we do? I dont even know why people make big deals about this. Youd never know he or ANYONE has no cat unless they told you.
I also have no cat.

Im currently running a T1R test-pipe, Modacar mid, and a Netami twinloop axle-back. I think my car sounds great.

From around 2000-3500rpms it has a tad bit of rasp. Theres more tone then rasp but its there. And its only when Im 1/2 throttle to WOT. By reducing how much I press the pedal down I can get rid of the noise.

Higher RPMs my car sounds wonderful. Ive let my friends drive it around and I love the tone of my car.
I do want to change my muffler though. I want it to be quiet. Id like to hear intake only now.

To the original poster, having the concept G muffler, no cat and a different B-pipe will be loud. Any canister style exhaust will be loud with no cat.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 01-17-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Were all going to die someday. Why not have some fun till we do? I dont even know why people make big deals about this. Youd never know he or ANYONE has no cat unless they told you.
I also have no cat.
By that same token, I should let my (theoretical) dog crap on your lawn.

Look, removing the catalytic converter makes a car pollute a LOT more. And for what? To get an extra hp or two?

How about not being self-centered by creating a lot of extra pollution just to make your car louder? You can make a car plenty loud without removing the cat.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
yeah since my exhaust with the hks isnt loud at all(doesnt even sound like i have one) im going to run a test pipe(s pipe with cat delete). or if WR comes out with the race header i wont have to waste money on another header. yeah that will help give my car a beefier tone. considering it has very little tone to it now.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gar1013
By that same token, I should let my (theoretical) dog crap on your lawn.

Look, removing the catalytic converter makes a car pollute a LOT more. And for what? To get an extra hp or two?

How about not being self-centered by creating a lot of extra pollution just to make your car louder? You can make a car plenty loud without removing the cat.
I know what removing the cat does. Me having the cat in my car isnt going to stop the person next to me, or any of the others either.
So far all my cars have had no cat. My dads truck has no cat and about 95% of my friends cars are cat less.

My car isnt loud either. Only way to make people keep catalytic converters is strict emissions test in every State; which you know.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I know what removing the cat does. Me having the cat in my car isnt going to stop the person next to me, or any of the others either.
So far all my cars have had no cat. My dads truck has no cat and about 95% of my friends cars are cat less.

My car isnt loud either. Only way to make people keep catalytic converters is strict emissions test in every State; which you know.
Isn't there a Hi-Flow catalyser available for the Fit? Doesn't the OBX header comes with it?
That would be a nice alternative to the "I don't give a shit cause its my life" attitude.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
wow do we have some tree huggers in this thread?

okay maybe that was a little to harsh, but i was joking

i know some of you are concerned about our future earth and what not.

thats one reason why i hate CA so much, there are so many ridiculous smog rules that its un bearable to live in. i mean we have random smog check points now. tell me thats not crazy. while people up in other states with a bit more green on their land dont have any smog regulations at all.

yeah, granite the cat is great to have, but that extra horse power is definitely needed in our cars. i dont see any of yall gripeing about the people with turbos. i can say those guys are mainly running test pipes, because it definitely gets the extra power when running catless.

and from my exhaust guy, he said that high flow cats are not even smogable. the only help to a certain point. i mean i guess it helps, but if your gonna have a cat...why spend the extra money for something that you can still get busted for? i dont know if thats true or not, thats just what i heard and have understand.

Quick Reply: The effect of midpipe?