Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

custom exhaust orders

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
custom exhaust orders

Hi, everyone, Im in the middle of making custom exhausts for the gd3 and when the portotype is finish I will post pics,sound clips, and dyno. Now if people show interest I will sell them at a good price. These exhaust will be custom for the customers order. My setup now is for n.a with furture plan to upgrade to a s.c. They can also have any kind of muffler style you want and be as loud hell or like stock. The size of pipeing can be custom, with cat, no cat, or high flow cat, and will be very cheap.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
also the cat will be move back on the exhaust to increase hp, im thinking it will be like $400 from header back system

Old 02-24-2008, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Midnightfit
also the cat will be move back on the exhaust to increase hp, im thinking it will be like $400 from header back system
what? lol. i think the cat is supposed to be close to the engine for a reason. i think the reason was, so that it can do it's job :P :P.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
no the cat can do its job further from the engine, which will reduce heat on the engine, making more power, do some research before you post, if it didn't work they wouldn't include it in the rules for things like redline time attack, to name one, i've been doing it for years and it shows good improvements!
Redline: Time Attack!!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
lol ok whatever. im just saying. the cat is placed near the motor so that it will function correctly.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 PM
interesting...hmmm...
please keep us posted, thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
it doesn't matter where the cat is on the exhaust system to clean out the exhaust gas, but for performance reasons moving the cat back further put less heat on the engine, making hp. and if you have a turbo car it will make your turbo last longer as well

Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Cats work more efficiently the hotter they are:

"The catalytic converter does an efficient job of reducing the vehicle emissions, but there are ways it can be improved. One of the biggest drawbacks is that it only works at a fairly high temperature. When you start your car cold, the catalytic converter does next to nothing to reduce the vehicle emissions. The simplest solution is to move the catalytic converter closer to the engine. This allows hot exhaust gases to get to the converter and it heat it up faster. This could also reduce the life of the converter by exposing it to extremely high temperatures. Most carmakers position the converter under the front seats, just far enough from the engine to keep the temperature at a level that will not damage it." - About.com

Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
true, but in maryland you just have to have a cat doesn't matter where same for redline time attack, i dont care if it works at all just being there is the key

Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 AM
hey Midnight fit, i'm kinda interested in some custom exhaust work, it would be a bit of a trip for me but hey thats just another reason to drive my Fit. would like some sound clips or video, im looking for some thing with a nice deep tone, not necessarily quite though a lil on the louder side of things.