Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

light fly wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
light fly wheel

anybody know of any companies that have made a lighter flywheel for the fit?

ive been searching the forums and checking various distributer websites and cant find any?

im ordering my clutch tomorrow and would like to get the flywheel ordered the same day so they arrive at my house around the same time.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Fidanza

Greddy, TEIN, JDM Honda, APEXi, HKS, SKUNK2, BUDDYCLUB, GOLDEN EAGLE, NEUSPEED

Talk to Rob... he had it on the site, but it doesnt seem to be there anymore.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
thanks i sent an inquiry to them from their site. hopefully they can help me out, just ordered my clutch kit, skunk2 short shifter and now all i need is a damn flywheel and im having a hell of a time finding one that isnt oem.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
okay i found a site that sells the fidanza light flywheel. if i order it and install it is this something that will need to be changed to a stock flywheel for forced induction purposes, or will this hold up?

also i sent a message to rob and its not on the site because its on back order. and will take 14-20 days if i wanted to order one. found it on another site tho.

Last edited by kancerr; 05-12-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
what kinda clutch kit did you get? I am looking for a stage 1

Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
i just got the stock clutch as there really isnt many options out there for the us fit. i found one but its around 1k which is outta my range.
the flywheel i am planning on ordering as long as its will hold up on forced induction is...

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Honda Fit 2007 1.5L SOHC VTEC (7lbs.) :: Flywheel :: Clutches/Driveline :: UltraRev, Inc.

just need some feed back from members before i buy that and have to get another flywheel AGAIN when i go forced induction.

from what i hear the stock clutch is more than able to handle any of the FI options available for the fit right now. but im not really sure what is all out there clutch wise besides OEM other than the one kit that is over1k and hard to obtain apparently...

Old 05-14-2008, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
ordered the fidanza light flywheel and skunk2 ss...will give a review on both if people are interested? plan on doing my clutch job not this weekend but next weekend. i will take pictures of the job in progress if people want to see what is involved but probably cant do a DIY due to how little free time i have. so lemme know if people want to know how difficult it is, see pictures or my opinions on how the car drives after installation.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Interested in your opinion on how it drives but would love a DYI as well...

Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
if enough people are interested in a dyi i might be able to write one up while im doing it...i think i have off the monday the weekend i am doing the job with a friend so i might have the time since i have an extra day off... no promises but we will see...

and just to be sure...dyi on changing the clutch/flywheel or just the flywheel? i will for sure at least try to take pictures of the steps if i remember...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
im down for a review and a diy. but more for a review.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
flywheel was on backorder for a week...they say it should be here in time for me to install it this coming up weekend. hopefully it is

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by kancerr
flywheel was on backorder for a week...they say it should be here in time for me to install it this coming up weekend. hopefully it is

sweet, tagged for interest

Old 05-26-2008, 09:03 PM
i just ordered my skunk 2 ss today. ull prolly get urs before me so post up pics and a review! i wanna see!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
[quote=kancerr;307014]okay i found a site that sells the fidanza light flywheel. if i order it and install it is this something that will need to be changed to a stock flywheel for forced induction purposes, or will this hold up?quote]

a light weight weight flywheel will work fine boosted. and will actually help considerably if you go the supercharger route. it will cause a little more boost lag with a turbo, due to the less rotating mass(load) but it will most likely be counter effected up top and may make the transient response of the car better.(smoother boost curve, which won't shock the tires as hard) 7 lbs is pretty light. you should feel a huge difference. I forsee stalling at lights the first few weeks. lol

P.S. I hope you don't live where there is alot of hills.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
oh yeah lots of hills where i live(mostly in my small town tho, where there isnt too much traffic so should be able to get some good practice in before i take it out into the city!)

ive heard it can be tricky keeping it from stalling when going into first. hopefully i should be okay!

if all goes well it should be here by friday, the lightl flywheel is coming from NY to MD, shouldnt take long. if its not here tomorrow i will send them another email and see if they have anymore news of when it will be shipped.

i wish they would have told me it was on backorder when i was ordering! hope its worth the wait.

i got my short shifter in a couple weeks ago ;] love it. youll really enjoy the skunk2 ss

if you have any questions about install let me know. its all pretty easy and basic to install. the only problem you will most likely have is getting the pivot ball off. if you have a pair of channel lock plyers you should be able to get it off relativly quic(its the only way i was able to get it off, i tried other ways for over an hour, grabbed a pair of channel locks and it was off in 5-10 mins).
goodluck

and for a little review...it makes shifting feel very firm. im not sure if you had the same problem with the stock shifter and sometimes youre not really sure if youre in gear...when shifting with the skunk2 its firm and crisp, right into gear. youll see what im talkin bout once you get it in. im sure youll like it. ive done a few small mods to my car so far and the skunk2 ss has been the most enjoyable so far. i really didnt care for how the stock felt. good purchase ;] especially for only around 60$

Last edited by kancerr; 05-27-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
I got the weighted s2 shift knob as well with my ss and it really helps. more of a positive engaugement.

you should be ok with the lightweight flywheel. just going to take a little getting used to. your going to need more rpm or more clutch slippin to take off. thats all. I put a light flywheel and puck clutch in my subaru years ago when I live in colorado. not fun! sucker chattered bad and was a pain to leave at a light on a hill. but when you reved it to 5500 and launched it hold on. that was a blast. was running the stock turbo and it did make a slight amout of lag when crusing and tipping into boost. but if you blipped the throttle during a downshift to bump the rpm's up it was right in the power band.

you may notice that you'll need to down shift into 4th on the highway when approacing hills. less inertial mass to keep the car going. mpg may suffer on the highway as well but should be better in town if you drive it nice.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
nice, i was thinking of trying the skunk2 shift knob but decided on some off brand shift knob off ebay. a lot heavier compared to the oem shift knob. and its purple! haha i love it. shift knob i got is a lot smaller than the oem, but only took about a day to get used to.

good info ont he light flywheel, thx. ive never drove a car with a lightened flywheel before. so now i should know what to expect

Old 05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
wowwww. 319 is nottt bad for that flywheel tho... esp rated at 7lbs

Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zRollerskate
wowwww. 319 is nottt bad for that flywheel tho... esp rated at 7lbs
yup not bad at all. hopefully its decent, havent found any reviews on their flywheel for the fit, but from what i hear they do make pretty good lightened flywheels. i think it only costs about 100 more than than the oem flywheel or so...but its around 200$ more than it would cost to just resurface the oem. so i think its a great price if its decent.

im gonna weigh it when it gets here and see just how much it exactly ways...hopefully i can find a scale that measures that high. mine only does up to a lb

Old 06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
flywheel finally came in. getting the clutch changed and flywheel installed tomorrow. put the flywheel on the bathroom scale. 7lbs ;p

anybody know how much the stock weighs?

review tomorrow or the next day.

Quick Reply: light fly wheel