Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC Kit Release Ramblings

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
WOW!! i have just successfully completed (after 2 nights after work) reading the last 14 pages of this thread. Let Me first say Illusive - dude im happy you finally got things working out for you man --your posts n problems from the beg to end stick out...lol Im still trying to process all the information, know some stuff about this but had to read and research a couple things to understand...
Can someone explain or re re edit the above post with 50mm catbacks and /or 50 m piping okays and not okays?
Also maybe im just tired but i see alot of mentioning of hondata and injector upgrades together yet on the kw site it states
:Hondata Reflash Package is not compatible with the Injector Upgrade Package
Releasing this June!

Explanation anyone....? Again Im so tired so if i missed over somethig explained my apologies....

Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by espo79
Also maybe im just tired but i see alot of mentioning of hondata and injector upgrades together yet on the kw site it states
:Hondata Reflash Package is not compatible with the Injector Upgrade Package
Releasing this June!

Explanation anyone....? Again Im so tired so if i missed over somethig explained my apologies....
Well before they removed the Injector Upgrade kit, basically it was 205cc (or something like that) and the Supercard was program in mind of the stock injectors and the upgraded ones. The Hondata will include 310cc injectors, and of course the Hondata reflash will be programmed with 310cc in mind. So if you were to plug in the Hondata while still having the stock or upgraded 205cc injectors, it will provide too little fuel.

Last edited by Wytt; 06-17-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
What happened was nobody was able to use the 205cc injectors except for the beta tester with complete 60mm exhaust, cat-delete and racing header, if I recall correctly

Everyone else with normal aftermarket header, 50mm cat-back, with or without cat-delete got CEL for rich fuel mix. The closest install with header 50mm exhaust cat-delete successfully used 195cc injectors.

The 205cc disappeared from the kwusa website, and I don't think anyone knows if any will return with additional information. Maybe we'll have to contact RC directly for custom injector upgrades like the 195cc user.

Last edited by xorbe; 06-17-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I stopped by KW yesterday and wow.. they are working on some new awesome stuff guys! So stay tuned!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I stopped by KW yesterday and wow.. they are working on some new awesome stuff guys! So stay tuned!

crap! more things to wonder how long they'll take to get to us!

oh well, the fact that they are dedicated is super nice to know.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah I still have the 205cc injectors installed as I've been away on vacation and my installer is busy and won't have time to help me remove them for 1.5 weeks. Hopefully I can get a refund on them as I'm still tripping the CEL, so I've been doing limited driving in the Fit until I get them out.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Yeah I still have the 205cc injectors installed as I've been away on vacation and my installer is busy and won't have time to help me remove them for 1.5 weeks. Hopefully I can get a refund on them as I'm still tripping the CEL, so I've been doing limited driving in the Fit until I get them out.
Might want to check your plugs after you remove the injectors.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive

hey welcome back justin! long time no post! hope you had a good vacation!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Credit card on standby! Is it for M/T Fit's only or will the A/T guys be invited to this party also???

Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Might want to check your plugs after you remove the injectors.
I second that. I fouled my plugs from the big injectors (methinks).

Just got 38.2 mpg on this last tank. Mostly hypermiling, following semi's (at semi-safe interval, no pun intended), pulse and drift. Scangauge said 37.? and I got 38.22 actual. Scangauge says 43.0 right now after about 40 miles of driving.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
give us a hint.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
195cc "saturated" or "peak and hold" injectors?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
195cc "saturated" or "peak and hold" injectors?
nope, has nothing to do with injectors

Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going to guess FMIC and stuff...

Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Boost Controller? Or did they restart on working on that header? Ugh, it would be nice to know so I know if I should wait to buy whatever they are working on.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Wytt
Boost Controller? Or did they restart on working on that header? Ugh, it would be nice to know so I know if I should wait to buy whatever they are working on.
I would say FMIC. Don't hope for a boost controller.. superchargers can't use a boost controller since they are pulley driven.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah man-- easy on the teasers dude, we've all been strung along enough on this ride. I hate sh*t like "it's going to be so cool, but I can't tell you so 'stay tuned'". We have a lot money tied up in a lot of mods that we still aren't even sure if they'll work or not with the kit (headers, exhaust, etc., not to mention deposits on kits that we still aren't even sure what we are getting in terms of actual gains/do we need injectors or not, etc.). So they last freaking carrot I want hung in front of my nose right now is about some other "new cool thing that's secret" when the first cool thing is still apparently not 100%. I mean, not to be a jerk, but you got to understand the frustration. We don't get to just drop by KW and get our cars perfectly tweaked and see all the latest and greatest developments. I mean just don't say anything at all and let us all be surprised when it (finally) comes out rather than creating all this BS suspense.

Last edited by jsensk; 06-19-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
nope, has nothing to do with injectors
Nonono, you thought I was guessing about what KW was working on, but I was asking which style injectors the Fit uses. They have two variants of the the injectors. Look at categories on the top left here: RC Fuel Injection or RC INJECTOR there.

Yeah, maybe a tad much on the hype attempts sometimes...

Last edited by xorbe; 06-19-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
Yeah man-- easy on the teasers dude, we've all been strung along enough on this ride. I hate sh*t like "it's going to be so cool, but I can't tell you so 'stay tuned'". We have a lot money tied up in a lot of mods that we still aren't even sure if they'll work or not with the kit (headers, exhaust, etc., not to mention deposits on kits that we still aren't even sure what we are getting in terms of actual gains/do we need injectors or not, etc.). So they last freaking carrot I want hung in front of my nose right now is about some other "new cool thing that's secret" when the first cool thing is still apparently not 100%. I mean, not to be a jerk, but you got to understand the frustration. We don't get to just drop by KW and get our cars perfectly tweaked and see all the latest and greatest developments. I mean just don't say anything at all and let us all be surprised when it (finally) comes out rather than creating all this BS suspense.
some people that already have the kit installed may want to know, not to mention people who want to know if they are going to be producing anything else besides just the SC kit. People like the teasers... thats why there are so many rumor/gossip sites online. And im sure people appreciate me letting them know something new is coming.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Fair enough. I am just feeling a little frustrated because I thought this kit was all buttoned up and bad ass-- like in the box and ready to rock-- based on the general notion that every little thing had been tested and re-tested and this was the ultimate bolt-on, good-to-go rig. All that sounded a little too good to be true, and that point was even brought up, and every time there were these one-line answers that always said-- "nope, everything is perfect and you'll be loving this thing with no issues".

So now it's many months later, and I have a deposit down and honestly am not sure exactly what I am getting. I know I am lame with my AT over here, and I should have waited for more dynos and early-adopter reviews-- I take accountability for that entirely-- but over $3000.00 for anything less than the (near) 50% proposed/hp power increase touted early on would be a bit of a disappointment to me. These glaring differences between the AT kit and the MT were not made clear at all initially, and some 119 or less hp just doesn't get it done for me. Not for that money. I thought with injectors/exhaust mods and base kit I was pretty much guaranteed 130+.

All that said, rest assured that Kraftwerks and the Jackson's are absolute wizards and at the very top of their game and I trust them implicitly to put the best product out there with the knowledge they have at the time. Chances are all this early confusion will be worked out, the kit will be everything to everyone as promised, and we'll all be boosted into the sunset.

I will then look like the usual forum idiot who ranted about things he knew little about (but ended up happy at the end of the day anyway).

I also feel stupid for calling out JDMChris, who is a total FitFreak legend and could school my ass on any of these topics anyday. Sorry about that bro. I've just had many weeks of stress about this silly kit, some of the details of which Oscar Jr. knows about now all too well. I should get a life already.

Quick Reply: KWSC Kit Release Ramblings