Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Easy way to get dents out of exhaust tips??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Easy way to get dents out of exhaust tips??

So my Megan axle back just showed up today (finally) and after unboxing an extremely well packaged box I find that one of the tips has a nice dent on the end. I really don't wanna send this crap back just to have them take 2-3 weeks to send me another one. Do you guys know of any good ways to knock this dent out safely? It doesn't have to be perfect but it makes me sad that one of the tips isn't perfectly circular. ARGH!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
If you paid full price for a brand new exhaust, and it didn't show at your door in perfect condition, you should send it back and just wait out the 2-3 weeks. I know you want to play with your toys now, but I think you can wait a little longer.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by electrickoolguy
If you paid full price for a brand new exhaust, and it didn't show at your door in perfect condition, you should send it back and just wait out the 2-3 weeks. I know you want to play with your toys now, but I think you can wait a little longer.

I agree with what he has said here. But if you still want to bend it back out, I would suggest using a pair of needle nose pliers with a towel to keep from scuffing up the tip and slowly bend it out.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 AM
My Megan Axle back showed up exactly the same way. It wasn't packed well enough in the box I guess. I was able to work out some compensation because I was leaving town and couldn't wait. It was easier instead of shipping it back and waiting. I took a ball end hammer and a block of wood and worked out the dent. These particular tips are a heavy gauge. Your not gonna be able to straighten it with pliers.