Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Honestly, if I were trying to give my Fit some power, i'd do an engine swap. It just seems like a waste to be spending so much money on such an economical based engine. Squeeze a K20 in there and your good to go.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:43 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Fit-crazy
Honestly, if I were trying to give my Fit some power, i'd do an engine swap. It just seems like a waste to be spending so much money on such an economical based engine. Squeeze a K20 in there and your good to go.

Just my opinion.
Just concluded an Eco Run sponsored by Honda Philippines early this month with almost 30 Jazz units participating.
My results: 1.3 Turbo Jazz got a consumption of 28 kms per liter and I did have an opportunity to do a top speed run on the way back
reaching 206 kph.
Economy with a little bit of useable power, that was the goal.

K20 math
At almost $6000 for a surplus (used) engine it's hardly what I'd call cheap. Mounting it would be another problem. Unless you're used to a little monster garage type shop work. Then you would also have to modify the side panels to accommodate a wider wheel base aka Mugen Dynamite. And finally the vibration... i think I'll stop here we're about double the cost of the car already after all this.

Let me be honest, if you wanted an even stronger car then get something else like an S2000, an Integra Type R or maybe an NSX?

Last edited by jjmichaels; 09-28-2005 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:53 AM
^Good point

I'm going to keep my Fit almost completely stock exept for some visual goodies. If I wanted to buy a fast car, I wouldn't be looking at a car with a 1.3L 84 hp engine.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Yah, my Mitsubishi Evolution takes care of the fast car aspect. The Jazz for your information is my 16 year old son' car which by the way whips out over 50% horsepower from stock. He's sure one lucky kid! Gee I really hope you get your Jazz soon so you have something to play with. March is a purty long wait partner.
Good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by jjmichaels
Just concluded an Eco Run sponsored by Honda Philippines early this month with almost 30 Jazz units participating.
My results: 1.3 Turbo Jazz got a consumption of 28 kms per liter and I did have an opportunity to do a top speed run on the way back
reaching 206 kph.
Economy with a little bit of useable power, that was the goal.
Wow, I also own a 1.3 and while im not driving in Luzon on those nice open roads you have, the best I can get is 12k/l and that had a bit of combined mileage. I don't have a turbo obviously but here in Cebu with 900k on the clock I am only getting 10k/l for pure city only driving, so I don't see how you can get 28k/l even on the highway. I would certainly be interested to know what you get in stop and go traffic in Manila which is similar to Cebu since we don't have any real highways here.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Thumbs up

Congratulations on your choice of car SteveCebu! Your mileage should improve with time. Some people have registered better fuel consumption at or around 10,000 kilometers. At worst I have done 9.5 kilometers per liter in city stop and go traffic.
The Jazz that Pocholo Ramirez used to register 1,114 kilometers on just one full tank is the highest mileage unit here using Petron Extra Unleaded. Apparently the more you use it the better mileage it gets.

If you happen to be in Manila give our group head Jonee a call.
Or visit us here: http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forums/
Do a search on "GD United". The guys have a lot of hands on experience with their Jazz or City from K20 swaps to Turbos and likewise stockers.
We meet weekly at designated areas in the metropolis.

Cheers!

Old 10-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks jjmichaels, it's a good little car. The 1.3L is underpowered for long hauls tho. They said no 1.5L until late October so I got the 1.3L I'll be putting on less mileage than you guys in Luzon due to the few roads we have here. I'm an Expat from the USA in case you were wondering. I'd like to make the trip to Leyte, then Samar then over to Manila with my Jazz at some point. Hopefully my mileage will improve. I had to put in Shell as the Petron station was closed and I put in P1000 and that's from the fuel light going on. So far I'm at 240k and I have half a tank left. I've also noticed it gets better economy from full to halfway than from 1/2 way to empty. That's roughly 27 litres and I have half a tank showing so maybe it's an improvement. How many kilometres does Pocholo have on his Jazz? I've read about the trip and that's astounding mileage, so I decided I'd use Petron Xtra as well. I'm jut over 1000k right now so I'm mostly in stop and go city traffic. It will be nice when the mayor opens the coastal road again and we can use that nice fast new road.

I'll check out the Honda Philippines Club Forums, but I have to tell you my Tagalog isn't that good, I've learned more Bisaya being here in the Visayas. Regardless I should be in Manila at the end of October so maybe I can meet some of the group there?
Steve

Old 10-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi Steve,
IMHO I believe it's the most fuel efficient little car today and was built for mostly city driving. Over-all it's strengths far out weigh a few glitches.
During the eco run when I asked the media people who took the trip with us, they mentioned it was the highest mileage unit. As to what it was they did not say.
May i suggest a mantra for you?
Well here it is: "My gas mileage will improve..." Say this everytime you press on the accelerator. Oh IIRC our gas tank meter is not linear. It's sorta deceiving in a way. But you'll get over it. We did.
Let's hook up on October so you can meet the guys!

Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi, jjmichaels, I did find out that the tank isn't linear. I put in P1000 and that's about 28 liters. So I just checked my mileage and no city driving at all and i'm getting a bit over 12k/l as i got 360 miles out of 28 litres. But when it's less full for some reason i don't do as well. Funny car the Jazz, the way it deals with fuel. still all city is not so good with the AC on.
I will text my friend as we will travel to Manila together then he's off to meet up with friends and I'm on my own, so I'll find out what date we'll be going to Manila and see if I can catch up with the Manila Jazz group. My biggest complaint is that I should have bought the 1.5L engine with the disc brakes all around, much nicer seats as well.
I'll try the mantra, as I'm hoping to get 14k/l once it's broken in. My friend with the Hyundai Matrix CRDI Diesel is only getting 13k/l. I like my Honda better than I did the Hyundai.
I'll let you know when I have a date to be in Manila. A friend just invited me down to Davao also this month, busy, busy.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Thumbs up Little cars with Turbo's

The 1982 Honda City Turbo I
1.2 liter 100 horsepower hyper turbo
http://www.cityturbo.com/membersrides/turbo1/turbo1.htm

Honda City Turbo 2
110ps/5,500 rpm with Intercooler
http://www.cityturbo.com/membersrides/turbo2/turbo2.htm

Daihatsu Charade Turbo
993cc Turbocharged engine
Later models included the De Tomaso Turbo in the 90's
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_...popularArticle

Toyota Starlet Turbo
1987-1990 1.295cc SOHC 12 Valve Intercooled Turbo 82.5KW@6000rpm (EP71)
Up to the current (EP91)
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bhkeng/glanza/history.htm

Last edited by jjmichaels; 10-09-2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:06 AM
here is another turbo jazz in hk

http://www.k-carshop.com/optionfans0871.htm

Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by jjmichaels
Forced induction is always the cheapest bang for the buck power! There are commercial bolt-on kits that are available but quite expensive. And for those with the proper know-how can put together a serious package oftentimes better than these aftermarket kits.
Turbocharging today is no rocket science unlike before with today's available ECU's or piggy backs to manage your extra fueling needs.

A 50% gain over stock is quite NASTY. You're on the right track, believe me!

Good luck!

JJ

My son's car last February 2005. Front intercooler and plumbing.
Hi JJ,

Very interesting intercooler( huged compared to hks ). Your write up regarding your son`s jazz is amazing. Wonder if u could let us share more details regard`s the "serious package" such as turbo size used, intake, exhaust system, a/f tunning system...etc. I believed many of us here or round the world would want to hear about it and to learn in every aspects of turbocharging a 1.3 jazz.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi JJ... do you mind giving me your son's turbo setup? Because i'm thinking of turbocharging my JAZZ in Indonesia..
thanks a lot..

Old 11-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi guys,

I think it best for you to contact my tuner.
His name is Ferman Lao of FusionR.
Email address is auto_xer@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Old 11-05-2005, 12:37 AM
1.5L i-DSI Turbomatic.

Mine bossted: 0.5 Bar, this one is Matic Tranny for daily used. Result: 140 HP on Wheel at 5.500 rpm.
Fuel Consumption: 1 Liter for 12.5 Km.

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/42614...ISFbDBUwPhV2AJ

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Conte...20050927212954

Last edited by b26cw; 11-05-2005 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Thumbs up

Congratulations! Nice car!

Old 11-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by b26cw

Mine bossted: 0.5 Bar, this one is Matic Tranny for daily used. Result: 140 HP on Wheel at 5.500 rpm.
Fuel Consumption: 1 Liter for 12.5 Km.

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/42614...ISFbDBUwPhV2AJ

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Conte...20050927212954
Very cool... Can enlighten me what sort of piggyback or standalone ECU u used to control the i-DS iginition? Please.... thanks!!!

Old 12-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Fit-crazy
That's what I was going to say. Here in the US there are tons of K20A3 from EP3's that are needing homes because everyone swaps them for the Integra/RSX motors. And they can be picked up pretty cheap, with transmission and ECU. With a 160HP stock and cams coming out in Feb. from Crower, and put Hondata on there. And you'll have some good power. More than enough for the Fit.

Last edited by revtune; 12-02-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 PM
To bro here with their jazz turbo charged... Kindly share tell me / us more info of what ECU you guys using ?

Cause i am turbo charging my ride soon. but i need to know which piggyback ECU will suit our little evil honda JAZZ :P i mean other than STAND Alone ECU...

Thanks hope to have a fast reply soon...

Old 12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
let me drop in my 2 cent on this post... im turboing my jazz in perth also.. i came to thailand and met a few jazz owner that drive turbo jazz 1.5 and one that have the rsx/dc-5 integra motor swap in his jazz.. i might try to see if they could do a kit for this swap so i could get it done in australia but here the info on turbo jazz..

td04L turbo is used due to size and fast spool and great boost range
Stock SR20det intercooler will fit real neat under the hood/bonnet need custom piping
550cc injectors control by greddy emanage
2.5 if u prefer but in my opinion i rather go 2.25
.4 bar of boost would even spin an 18inch wheels on a jazz
custom turbo manifold... i could get this about 6000baht about $200aus

JUN in thailand have a turbo kit out for jazz's.

p.s. the jazz with k20 is worth playing with... vtec controller good exhaust and intake is quite a monster.. loose some weight on the jazz u could maybe run side by side with a minor mod evo... take note that my daihatsu charade cb70 could toy with stock evo 7.. my charade is almost stock beside the exhaust and bov

Quick Reply: Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz