Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

WR Intake Manifold EGR problems Solved.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
WR Intake Manifold EGR problems Solved.

After Extensive testing we have finally solved the problems with the EGR Port on the Intake Manifold.

Testing with the New Innovate LM-2 and extensive testing on road monitoring the EGR, we have come to the Conclusion of adding a Threaded Barb Fitting on the Manifold where the EGR Fumes come off the Cylinder head and then needs to be re-routed back into the system, instead of back into the manifold.

We are threading the manifolds and adding a Vaccum Cap for the Port on the Plenum, which can be later used for a Vaccum Source for Boost gauges or Air Temp, Etc...

Here are the pictures..

Name:  07022008178.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  DSC00048.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  DSC00049.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  102.5 KB

Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Nice job guys

I have been running mine now for a couple of months, other than the car throws the "low EGR flow" code (which does not affect the performance) this is a pretty fantastic product.

With this fix in eliminating the engine code I would highly recommend it to anybody who wants to get some more power out of the car. Be it supercharged, turbo or Naturally Aspirated (such as myself) it is easily worth the cost with the performance it delivers when compared to other products. I will say it has had the most dramatic power adding impact on my car.

I will be upgraded to the revised manifold once we figure out a shipping method. WeaponR has really come through with their customer support for me, I can't say enough nice things about them!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-17-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
what were your gains by the way "Sugarphreak"?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I haven't done it yet I know, I know... I am way behind on it. When I was down there Ben said he thought I would put down between 110 and 115whp.

I still have a UR pulley set sitting in my closet, hopefully that goes in next week sometime. I am also still teetering on getting a test pipe as well, but I think I might pass unless a good deal comes up.

I am going to start seeing if Illusive wants to go in with me and do a couple of dyno runs to compare this month. In any case I want to dial in my setup as well with some dyno tuning. I would just be throwing away money on tuning if I do it ahead of installing those parts.

I am looking at doing it on a mustang dyno as well which generally reads a bit lower. On this one specifically a 108hp civic puts down 81whp. I would expect a base fit to put down maybe 80-85whp on this one.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-18-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Wait, so does that mean there is no CEL anymore? Are there any other drawbacks to this product?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
NO more CEL lights..

Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^^ No drawbacks

Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
so are all connections taken into account. meaning that all of the existing hose and sensor connections are still used?

Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Is there anyone who can sold me original intake manifold? Thank you

Old 07-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
so are all connections taken into account. meaning that all of the existing hose and sensor connections are still used?
Yep, everything is accounted for

Old 07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
i'd love to see a pic of that in the car. mmm.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
this looks nice. with a CAI, header and exhaust would this require an air/fuel controller so the car doesn't run too lean?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
ask and you shall receive

Originally Posted by Tofuman
this looks nice. with a CAI, header and exhaust would this require an air/fuel controller so the car doesn't run too lean?
Yeah you have to do something or the mix is so far off you will loose power. At AJR Ben was saying the car ran like crap afterwards until they tuned it for the manifold. WR has a fuel computer for a pretty decent price. With mine I choose the route of E-manage Ultimate so I could fine tune it a bit, that was a bit more expensive but the results are great. You could probably fine tune with the Blue or and AEM solution as well. Not sure if Apexi Neo would work too.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-23-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
NICE. verrry nice.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak

Yeah you have to do something or the mix is so far off you will loose power. At AJR Ben was saying the car ran like crap afterwards until they tuned it for the manifold. WR has a fuel computer for a pretty decent price. With mine I choose the route of E-manage Ultimate so I could fine tune it a bit, that was a bit more expensive but the results are great. You could probably fine tune with the Blue or and AEM solution as well. Not sure if Apexi Neo would work too.
apexi neo looks nice, i wouldn't mind using it. is the e-manage ultimate difficult to tune with? i would probably take it to a professional shop, but just curious.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
If you are going to put the money out for an E-manage Ultimate, I would say it is better to have somebody who knows what they are doing to tune it to maximize your performance and efficency. It will cost you about 200$-ish but then you don't need to buy the wideband sensor. I am also lazy

The best tune you can get (or so I understand) is a dyno-tune, usually about the same price but you get a dyno graph and more precise tune out of it.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, i would probably bring it to church automotive. they have a flat rate available for the e-manage of $325, but they're supposedly the best tuners around.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
the pic looks sick! did you drive it before it was tuned with e-manage? when you say it ran like crap can you elaborate please. i was hoping to get this and keep the supercard (at least for now) that comes with the KWSC but if it will screw up my idle or closed loop a/f then i will have to wait.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I havent seen it run like crap because when we made this intake manifold we didnt have a fuel solution. It ran fine.. but was alittle lean.. Which helped save gas.. ahahah

It was not dangerously lean.. it was around 14.5-14.8..
With the fuel computer we offer it allows the engine to run at 13.8-14.0 which is optimal..

All connections are accounted for and will NOT throw a cel now..

Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^^ On my car I was running a cold air intake, header and full performance exhuast system. We found the wideband sensors said it was running way too lean, enough out of whack it was actually loosing power. If you are running a decent I/H/E config I think the fuel computer/engine management is a must.

I would suspect that if you were to install this unit on a stock vehicle it would run a bit lean, but within a reasonable tolerance.

This rule applies to test pipes as well, if you run an I/H/E setup with a test pipe your car is probably running too lean.

Originally Posted by leonine
the pic looks sick! did you drive it before it was tuned with e-manage? when you say it ran like crap can you elaborate please. i was hoping to get this and keep the supercard (at least for now) that comes with the KWSC but if it will screw up my idle or closed loop a/f then i will have to wait.
I didn't drive it un-tuned. Ben from AJR took it out to tune it on the fly, he basically said that without the tune it wasn't running well and basically was losing power until they tweaked it.

That supercard was making Illusives car run way too rich with the upgraded injectors. He was actually getting CEL's from it running too rich, I would say the Manifold will only help that

Looks like we are setting up a Dyno for next month; MR_ET (stock) VS my fit VS Illusive (KWSC) VS YeeFit (T1R Turbo @ 6psi) all on the same dyno machine. Should give a nice idea where everything stands. Plans are in the works, more details to come later on.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-24-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Quick Reply: WR Intake Manifold EGR problems Solved.