Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

...how to reinstall stock intake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
...how to reinstall stock intake?

i want to install my stock intake again but i have forgotten how i took it off, it was off like a week after i bought the car, and that is over a year now.

i tried to find a DIY on how to install a different intake but couldnt find one that explained how to uninstall the stock...

if somebody can point me in the direction of a diy that explains how to uninstall it i can take it from there. or just tell me how to install it, pictures, whatever.

as of right now my car has no intake on and i cant drive it...work tomorrow morning! ;[

Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
You have three parts. The stock airbox, the airbox lid and the rubber tube that goes from your fender well to the intake tube on the stock airbox. Start by taking hooking up the airbox to the throttlebody inlet and basically just see where the bolts need to go in order to secure the box. I think there are three bolts and if I remember correctly there all different and won't fit in the wrong bolt holes. Just take your time and make sure everything is secure especially the part that hooks up the the throttlebody inlet (it's held on by a black hose clamp thingy). Also, make sure the air filter is sitting with the dirty side down if you're using an old one. If not, then maby you have the old one handy and can look to see which side is dirty and then compair it to the new one for proper placement. Make sure the airbox lid is perfectly clean on the inside as well as You don't want to suck in any dirt when you start the car.

Good luck,

Bill

Old 09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
i figured it out, missing a couple pieces haha....this post can be deleted.

missing my clamp and the 2 bolts.

i had 1 metric bolt layin around that i had on my cold air intake, but missing my other metric bolt. ;/