Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R install help.. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:43 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
It could almost be that the Emanage that you have is just not working properly... Have you tried to monitor what is going on in real time with a laptop and the emanage to see what is going on?
logically it sounds as if the emanage is not kicking in and the factory unit is over compinsating for the boost that is running by dumping in fuel. just to be safe i would triple check all the wires your soddered to make sure they are making a connection. maybe check under the hood again to make sure all sensors are plugged in. i know it is tedious to do this over and over but some thing is broke. for now just go to bed tonight and not think of it. the rem cycle will help you think clearly.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah I tried the datalog viewing feature, but all it tells me is that the car runs, then it stops. The MAP rises to atmospheric, the RPM drops to 0, and then it shuts off. Any other parameters I should be monitoring?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Here's what I think I'm gonna do:
What I think I'll do is wait until friday or saturday, and go through and de-solder ALL of the connections, and get my install buddy Dan to read me the pinouts and wire colors for ALL of the connections AGAIN, as I re-solder it all back up, and then try again. I'll also try playing with the MAP and airflow adjustment values to see if I get any joy that way. If it's still doing the same thing, then I know that the wiring is not the issue here, and it has to be component-related. If it does something different, then we have a new symptom and I can go from there. I'll probably have AJ's send out a new emanage for me today, so just in case the rewiring fails I have that to try. I can always send either unit back and they'll refund my $550, so that's not a problem. If that doesn't work, there's always returning the ECU and fuel system to stock to see if the stock car is ok. If all of that STILL doesn't work, I guess I have no choice but to take it to a shop.

I'm really not liking that idea. Shop estimates around 1k, and God help me if the ECU is fried. Anyone know if an AEM EMS will work on a fit? It very well might end up being cheaper than a stocker, what with the immobilizer crap.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:53 PM
So it turns out the jumper in the Emanage that controls the ignition signal was set to a 12v signal...

Would fried coils cause it to fire right up & then die out? I'm not sure, but feeding it 7 extra volts sure wasn't good for it.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
logically it sounds as if the emanage is not kicking in and the factory unit is over compinsating for the boost that is running by dumping in fuel. just to be safe i would triple check all the wires your soddered to make sure they are making a connection. maybe check under the hood again to make sure all sensors are plugged in. i know it is tedious to do this over and over but some thing is broke. for now just go to bed tonight and not think of it. the rem cycle will help you think clearly.

But see that's just it -- there IS NO BOOST!! I'm just trying to get it to idle now, and it won't.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
But see that's just it -- there IS NO BOOST!! I'm just trying to get it to idle now, and it won't.

hmmm.... if it runs for a short time then your getting spark to the cylinder. maybe it is a throttle positioning sensor because of the lack of air? seems wrong to be flooded. hope the re-solder fixes it.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 PM
HALLELUJAH

IT WORKS!

Turns out the Emanage didn't like the injector signals, and clamped them for some reason.

So, the tune that I have doesn't even use the i/j adjustment map, just the MAP adjustment and timing adjustment maps.

So, now with those injector wires run back through the stock locations it runs GREAT. I took it easy on the way home, but still managed to find a loose hose clamp. The first charge pipe off the turbo blew the sh!t off when I hit just enough boost. Scared the hell out of me, but only took about 20 minutes and a few burns from a toasty wastegate to get it back on tight.

The Emanage solution isn't permanent, I've gotta figure out why my unit hates injector signals when the other 3 dozen people who have the same kit don't have that issue. I still might need a new emanage, but at least the damn thing RUNS, and even just at part throttle with a touch of boost this thing is FAST. I can't wait till this tank of gas is over (don't think I've ever said that before) so the turbo is broken in and I can officially flog it..

Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
good for you man!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
way to be a weekend warrior and stay with the fit through thick and thin.
now its time for some

Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
glad you got it all worked out man!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
how is the car running now?