Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   short shifters question and answers (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/3535-short-shifters-question-answers.html)

FittinglyS1mple 02-02-2012 11:55 PM

There isn't an adapter type piece on the Buddy Club piece. I never set this piece and the factory one next to each other for comparison. Im kind of curious to do so just to see if there's any difference in the actual length of the shifter. Also the bushings in the Buddy Club one are more rigid. A hard plastic it seems like. I don't know. Like I said I've had both the T1R and now this one. This feels a little less notchy to me. Probably a lot has to do with preference too. I'm not exactly sure what Buddy Club did. But whatever it was I'm happy with it. Definitely would never go back to factory after this.

apexanimal 02-03-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by TPColgett (Post 1070375)
I've wondered if these make a difference... I found these:
CorSport: Honda - 2007-2008 Honda Fit - 1000.001

Can anyone comment on the effect they have?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-bushings.html

kylerwho 03-24-2014 09:41 PM

Info for an old thread.

Installed a T1R shift lever along with skunk2 short shifter kit. Required a 2lbs hammer massage to the metal covering the gas tank but shifts are now very short.

viperpit07 07-15-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1228606)
Info for an old thread.

Installed a T1R shift lever along with skunk2 short shifter kit. Required a 2lbs hammer massage to the metal covering the gas tank but shifts are now very short.

How did you like the skunk 2? I am very interested in it. Good for the money?

kylerwho 07-16-2014 12:51 AM

the skunk2 helped shorten the throw noticable. the only real complaint I have about them is the set screws they send have a tendancy to work their way loose, even with red locktite. So I removed them and used stainless button head screws instead with locking washers. That seemed to work for me.

Now however I added the T1R short shifter on top of the skunk2 adapter and it is just a ridiculously short throw. I occasionally heard some gears grinding because I was shifting before I could push in the clutch.

Rollerboots666 07-17-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1249920)
the skunk2 helped shorten the throw noticable. the only real complaint I have about them is the set screws they send have a tendancy to work their way loose, even with red locktite. So I removed them and used stainless button head screws instead with locking washers. That seemed to work for me.

Now however I added the T1R short shifter on top of the skunk2 adapter and it is just a ridiculously short throw. I occasionally heard some gears grinding because I was shifting before I could push in the clutch.

I was curious how the throw would be if I added the Skunk2 adapter to my Revo short shifter.

kylerwho 07-17-2014 09:52 PM

im sure it would be really short, however you may run into issues with the shifter hitting the sheet metal above the gas tank. I used a hammer to massage some extra clearance so that it would work.

Rollerboots666 07-18-2014 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1250363)
im sure it would be really short, however you may run into issues with the shifter hitting the sheet metal above the gas tank. I used a hammer to massage some extra clearance so that it would work.

Doesn't the Skunk2 kit come with metal spacers that go under the shifter housing?

I know they have the spacers or you can us washer to raise up the housing to clear the shifter from hitting the exhaust or anything else.

kylerwho 07-19-2014 12:37 AM

yes they do have spacers.

cnordt24 10-08-2014 12:58 AM

I installed the Revo short shifter over the weekend and I must say I'm impressed. It's less then $90 and it's a nice unit with a smooth short shift, you can definitely feel the difference in the throw over the stock unit.. plus the install was so easy, only took like 15 min.. i highly recommend it ;-)

viperpit07 10-09-2014 07:18 PM

Bought and installed the skunk 2 kit and i really like it, install was easy for the most part, took alot longer that expected but for the price of it im very happy with it.