Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Wiseco Forged Piston Find...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Wiseco Forged Piston Find...

Well i was searching around and stumbled across a set of Wiseco pistons on ebay..Now if this seller is reputable, no clue. but here they are.

eBay Motors: Wiseco Forged Pistons Honda Fit L15A 1.5L L15 (item 290302692659 end time Apr-12-09 15:13:59 PDT)

Old 03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
holy crap good shit bro

Old 03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
The dealer is an actual shop from what i have found on the net, not just an internet based business although they only sell on ebay. They have an actual shop in FL(IIRC). I just emailed them asking about possible rods. Pistons are the ones thats a PITA to get custom made compared to rods. Rods you send in one complete rod to any major rod manufacturer and they can make you a set. Lets hope for the best.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
welp then the hard part is over with the pistos

Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
yep yep. And you can pick up a connecting rod from someone like Majestic honda for about $80 i think..

A bit off topic but exactly which Ultra Racing braces will fit the USDM Fit?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Well i just got a response from the company they said that Pauter already makes a set of rods for the Honda Fit and they are $799 for the set. I emailed Pauter to verify and ill edit once i get a response.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Nighthawk_GD3
Well i just got a response from the company they said that Pauter already makes a set of rods for the Honda Fit and they are $799 for the set. I emailed Pauter to verify and ill edit once i get a response.
Ouch...$799 is a complete rip off....full titanium rods for the b series engine cost about that much and the b series rod has way more metal in it....

mmmmmmm....wiseco pistons....best pistons out there period.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Honestly $750-800 is about average for a lot of cars out there for a set of 4 from what i have seen. Plus i have only heard good things about Pauter so if/when i do build my Fit id be happy knowing i have a quality product in my car.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
welp its probably because no one really has built an L15 and compared to the B series there are more people out there willing to build them.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Honestly $750-800 is about average for a lot of cars out there for a set of 4 from what i have seen. Plus i have only heard good things about Pauter so if/when i do build my Fit id be happy knowing i have a quality product in my car.
Originally Posted by redrumm
welp its probably because no one really has built an L15 and compared to the B series there are more people out there willing to build them.
I can send a rod from the fit to cunningham scat or eagle and have them make a set for less...pauter is trying to rip people off....and if you think $750-$800 is average for 4 rods your nuts

Old 03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
i wonder how much boost it can take with these. hmmmm

Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
ok Pauter rods had a set in stock i say had because i just bought it. lol should be here wednsday. for the people saying that there price is not fair, your just showing how dumb you are. its comes down to supply and demand. over 20 different companys make rods for the B and D and H series of motors NO ONE makes anything for the L15 so each set is like a costume job. and artieman your very wrong informed, i have been in contact with all the major Rod companys and there price is all close to the same Pankle=247 a rod Cunningham=250 eagle=260 crower=a retarded 320 a rod ,so really if we do the math here Pauter rods are the cheapest on the market.

fully built fit motor here i come

Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
i wonder how much boost it can take with these. hmmmm
even with pistons and rods the weak point is still the sleeves

Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
ok Pauter rods had a set in stock i say had because i just bought it. lol should be here wednsday. for the people saying that there price is not fair, your just showing how dumb you are. its comes down to supply and demand. over 20 different companys make rods for the B and D and H series of motors NO ONE makes anything for the L15 so each set is like a costume job. and artieman your very wrong informed, i have been in contact with all the major Rod companys and there price is all close to the same Pankle=247 a rod Cunningham=250 eagle=260 crower=a retarded 320 a rod ,so really if we do the math here Pauter rods are the cheapest on the market.

fully built fit motor here i come
Lucky for me im partial owner in a shop and can purchase at cost...i can list wholesale, map, and retail pricing with my account and i can tell you where ever your getting your pricing from is someone takin your money...
to give you an example back before titanium rods existed for any honda motor i had cunningham make me a set for my boosted drag car and a 1 of set for my b series made of TITANIUM cost me $850

Last edited by artieman; 03-16-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 PM
The only rods i have ever seen for under $700/set are the econo rods from Crower or any other "econo" type rod. And honestly if i was wanting to build on a budget id go buy a damn mustang not try and be different with a fully built Fit. And just an fyi artie not everyone owns a shop or can get wholesale prices And also you say you got a set of titanium rods for $850...wonderful that was back then, im pretty sure the price of titanium has risen slightly since then.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
The only rods i have ever seen for under $700/set are the econo rods from Crower or any other "econo" type rod. And honestly if i was wanting to build on a budget id go buy a damn mustang not try and be different with a fully built Fit. And just an fyi artie not everyone owns a shop or can get wholesale prices And also you say you got a set of titanium rods for $850...wonderful that was back then, im pretty sure the price of titanium has risen slightly since then.
you guys need to actually lookup pricing
Eagle Manufacturing Connecting Rods for Honda & Acura
$319 a set for eagle pick your motor
Scat Rods Acura
$328 a set for scat pick your motor

I can go on and on....and econo rods are around $240 a set to the public....so $799 for a set of rods from pauter = rip off
Hell i bought a forged crank for $800 but rods come on.

If i ever get around to it ill measure the rod journals and i have a feeling the rods from another honda motor will work...i have b series honda motors running h22 crank and rods with custom pistons....i doubt it would be hard to use b or d series rods in the L series with a custom piston...fyi custom
pistons are cheap too

"The only rods i have ever seen for under $700/set are the econo rods from Crower"
You pull $700 out of thin air or what?
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part.../Economy/10405

You guys wanna pay $700-$800 for rods please call me ill sell you $300-$400 sets of rods for $700 all day

Last edited by artieman; 03-16-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 PM
you are a retard...just so ya know
the cheapest titanium rods for a b-series were 1200 from eagle, last i looked.

and to get custom rods made, it's a LOT. you're not gonna get a set of $300 l15a rods right now...not with a first run.

RLZ sponsered my lst civic build...and we went all custom rotating assembly, and i chose to run Carrillo pro a-beams and they were $800 using RLZ'S cost! If you don't know who RLZ is, you obvioulsy DO NOT drag race.

so, pretty much...just shut up wiht comparing an L15a to a b series. b's are the sbc of imports...of COURSE the parts are cheap, there's a ton on the market and have been for several years...

Old 03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
you are a retard...just so ya know
the cheapest titanium rods for a b-series were 1200 from eagle, last i looked.

Really? funny i ran 10.30's all motor in 2007 and took 4th in nhra...who are you?

and to get custom rods made, it's a LOT. you're not gonna get a set of $300 l15a rods right now...not with a first run.

Wanna put some money on that?

RLZ sponsered my lst civic build...and we went all custom rotating assembly, and i chose to run Carrillo pro a-beams and they were $800 using RLZ'S cost! If you don't know who RLZ is, you obvioulsy DO NOT drag race.

I personally know brad and howard...ask them about CTR Dynosports and how crazy train racing came about...been in the game just as long as them

so, pretty much...just shut up wiht comparing an L15a to a b series. b's are the sbc of imports...of COURSE the parts are cheap, there's a ton on the market and have been for several years...

Dont worry ill shut up now....ignorance is bliss
fyi kid learn to spell

Last edited by artieman; 03-16-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Really? funny i ran 10.30's all motor in 2007 and took 4th in nhra...who are you?
ask widmer

if you're going through your shop and doing it on some sort of sponsership deal....maybe YOU CAN, but the average sportsman racer CAN NOT, and WILL not until there's production runs made. eagles were $600 when they came out first

I personally know brad and howard...ask them about CTR Dynosports and how crazy train racing came about...been in the game just as long as the
rofl

fyi kid learn to spell
the infamous "kid" line...can't lie, i've used it myself. but deff not a kid, 27, and you obviously had no issue reading what i wrote so i won't worry too much about my grammatical or spelling errors of the thought is still easily conveyed.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
ask widmer

if you're going through your shop and doing it on some sort of sponsership deal....maybe YOU CAN, but the average sportsman racer CAN NOT, and WILL not until there's production runs made. eagles were $600 when they came out first

I personally know brad and howard...ask them about CTR Dynosports and how crazy train racing came about...been in the game just as long as the
rofl

fyi kid learn to spell
the infamous "kid" line...can't lie, i've used it myself. but deff not a kid, 27, and you obviously had no issue reading what i wrote so i won't worry too much about my grammatical or spelling errors of the thought is still easily conveyed.
27 your a kid...wait till you have a kid a mortgage cars payments etc....then come talk to me

Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
yeah, chief....i have a house payment, i have a fiance, i have her lexus to pay for, i have my fit to pay for, she's got her mba, i've got my ba, so......um....yeah, stop playing with cars for a living and try getting a REAL job. this is a hobby to me...but to your sad life it's a living, lol

Quick Reply: Wiseco Forged Piston Find...