Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Anybody know where this is located on the engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Anybody know where this is located on the engine

I'm looking for the Positive Crankcase Ventilation system (PCV), but I don't know where to look, the info i have says there should be a vacuum line running from the block into the pcv and then into the intake manifold, but i'm not sure which line it is exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
it is infront of the throttle body. if you have an OEM intake there is 2 connected metal lines between your intake and engine...one of them goes to the head. where it connects to the head is the PCV valve.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Actually of the two metal lines in front of the throttle body the one that looks like it runs from the block to the throttle body is actually a coolant line and the other vents from the valvecover into the air intake.

The PCV valve I'm looking for should vent from the block (since it's meant to relieve crankcase pressure) and run into either the intake manifold, throttle body or air intake.

Now does anybody know, there's two other rubber hoses that i don't know what they're for, one connects to the back of the intake manifold (I thought this might be a pressure sensor, but i could be wrong), and the other starts almost from the firewall and vents into the top of the throttle body.

Either of these could be the pcv unless anyone knows of any other rubber hoses, but I'm not sure.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
So i stopped by my Honda dealership and found out where it is, if anyone wants to know it's the rubber hose the runs block the block to basically the very front of the stock intake manifold runners, i thought that was the egr, but i guess not.

Also if anyone is wondering why this info is important, it's because regular oil catch cans that connect to the valve cover and air intake usually only do anything on turbo'd cars or race cars that see extreme g's whereas all cars create pressure inside the crankcase and when this pressure is released some oil is released as well, so installing a "ventilated/baffled" oil catch can helps keep oil out of the combustion chamber.