Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Blitz Throttle Controller INSTALLED + DIY

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Blitz Throttle Controller INSTALLED + DIY

Here's a full review and DIY for those of you who want to know what the heck this thing does.

This thing was a breeze to install. Minus the time I stopped to take pics, I'd say it takes 15 minutes. But now with this write-up, you guys should be able to complete in 5 mins.

No chance yet to take it for a longer drive but will post about overall performance later.

**note** Installation procedure will be a little different for A/T cars because there is an extra harness to install for reverse gear. Apparently this harness prevents reverse gear from using the throttle controller to prevent crazy acceleration when parking.

my other little toy I got along with the controller

All components unpacked

Now, here goes:
1) Remove the bottom dash panel to access the space under dash. Now pull that plug connecting the top of that gas pedal

like so......

2) Take the wire harness and plug in the male connector to car's female connector.

3) Take the other side of the supplied wire harness and plug it into the gas pedal (where you pulled it out in the first place)

Zip tie the excess wire to a nearby harness

5) Take the other side of the harness and plug it into the cpu box along with the display unit. Run the wires of the display according to where you want to put it. I chose to put it on my steering column.

Zip tie the rest of the excess wire and use supplied double-sided tape ( I beefed up with some of my own 3m tape) to stick it on the side as shown in photo. (you can choose another location if you like)

Finish!!

When you power up your car, the unit is in "off" mode. Press power button to turn on. Up/down buttons used to cycle through the 4 modes.

Now.... be VERY cautious when you test out the throttle in SP3 mode the first time!!! When I pulled out of my parking spot, I almost pee'd my pants because it PULLED like crazy!!

Hope this write up helps some of you to make a good buying decision.
AC

Last edited by ACfit; 05-02-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
After a drive around town in all the 4 modes, I conclude that this thing works!

There is noticeable difference with the acceleration. It feels like the car was chipped. It feels like the car takes a lot less effort to reach 80km/hr.

When I switch off the device and drive around, that's when I feel 1st and 2nd gear being sluggish. Overall I'm quite happy with this little gadget.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Just to mention, the reverse harness is probably not useful for anyone unless it's for a TC on a different car. I do reverse on SP3 all the time and it's definitely easy to control and not very fast.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Great job!

I put the controller box in the little gap at the left front of the console, and I threaded the button-pushy thing through that hole in the fuse panel cover, so that it sits in the little cubby hole. Can't even tell it's there until it beeps.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mugen666
I gather this is a device that alters the drive by wire settings.

BTW, this is my first post. Been lurking for a while. I pick up my 09 Fit LX tomorrow.
Welcome here canada brother

Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mugen666
I gather this is a device that alters the drive by wire settings.

BTW, this is my first post. Been lurking for a while. I pick up my 09 Fit LX tomorrow.
Yes. This device alters the ratio of Pedal input to Throttle position. Unfortunately, as far as I remember, this still does not actually eliminate the split second lag from when you press the pedal to when the car actually responds.

Still a fun little toy, though

Old 08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
has anyone installed it on a A/T Fit????? how do u like it????

Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
I have it on my AT Fit Sport. It produced more noticeable results than any other mod that I have, with the possible exception of my lightweight rims. I highly recommend it. You will get better results with it if you use 93+ octane fuel.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scratch&Dent
I have it on my AT Fit Sport. It produced more noticeable results than any other mod that I have, with the possible exception of my lightweight rims. I highly recommend it.
This. I swear by the Blitz TC on the NA Fit, especially if you already have mods like I/H/E. I'd use it with my supercharger but it hits boost way too fast and kills mpg as a result.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Even in Eco mode?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Not so much in Eco mode, but it's not worth keeping it around if I'm going to be putzing around in Eco mode which is barely more responsive than w/o the TC. SP3 or bust!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
True, true...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Can't wait to get mine buying it tomorrow......

Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
i just installed my BTC and OMFG this thing is the BEST. even thou my fit doesnt get any more HP i feel faster

Last edited by jdmfit88; 08-13-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
is it always on the mode you put it on last. or does it reset. reason i ask i have my gr driving the car

Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
It turns off after you turn off the engine. You have to turn it on every time. However, when you turn it on, it will be on the same setting as the time before.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
yeah you definitely gotta watch out with this thing. if you turn it on and it goes from off to sp3 mode while your foot is on the throttle.... theres a good chance you may rear end someone if theyre close lmao.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Accurate description but not always true (for me)...

It turns off after you turn off the engine. You have to turn it on every time...
Scratch&Dent is accurate in his description. According to the supplied Operating Manual, the Blitz is designed to turn off when the ignition is turned off. However, "my" unit occasionally remains on during short shutdowns. During those times, I need to be careful when I resume driving, because the Blitz is still engaged at start up. This is could be dangerous, since I normally have it set to SP3. I need to check it especially when I let someone else drive the car right after me.

...However, when you turn it on, it will be on the same setting as the time before.
Again Scratch&Dent is accurate in his description. This is the way the Blitz TC was intended to work. However, with "my" unit, this is not always the case. There are times when I fire it up, and the setting has changed modes. A frequent problem I have is that "mine," which when set to "SP3," occasionally drops back down to "ECO" mode. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough times that I need to be aware of it. This can be frustrating when discovering this change right after turning a decent AutoX time in "ECO" mode, instead of the previously selected, intended "SP3" mode.
Anyway, I really enjoy using this product, as it adds a "fun factor" to my daily drives. I just thought I'd offer "my" experiences with the Blitz. Anyway, this is characteristic of "my" Blitz TC, maybe I just got a "quirky" unit. Has anyone else found this to be a true with their Blitz Throttle Control?
-macbuddy-

Old 11-10-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Can you turn on the unit while driving?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
...deja vu?...

Originally Posted by danger69
Can you turn on the unit while driving?
Yes you can, "yeah you definitely gotta watch out with this thing. if you turn it on and it goes from off to sp3 mode while your foot is on the throttle.... theres a good chance you may rear end someone if theyre close lmao."
-macbuddy-
*(as previously mentioned by isthata_scion)

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller INSTALLED + DIY