Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC i destroyed my rotrex

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor
As I said over the phone revd, this is unfortunate.

The location of that oil filter is flush with the oil pan meaning you would have to hit something serious to knock this off like you did. I'm a little confused on how it didn't damage the oil pan... I know JDMChris bottomed his car out in a "carhole"(a car sized pothole), and everything was fine. Surprisingly, even his wheels!

Regarding "Rebuilts":
Rotrex superchargers are not rebuildable based on how they are assembled and the surface is finished inside the unit. I know how Rotrex units are assembled, and I would not want to purchase a "rebuilt" unit.

KraftWerks kit owners:
I do not think this should be a huge concern for you guys. You should have your factory bottom trays fully installed.

Call me when you are ready revd!

-Oscar Jr.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Stopped by the mechanic and got the alternator moved forwards 1/2" or so - the belt noise has gone away for the most part thankfully.
I had to readjust mine because it squealed a bit at about 2/3 throttle with the A/C on.... I either turn off the A/C or put it to the floor now. How is it going without using the paddles? ... Better I hope.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I had to readjust mine because it squealed a bit at about 2/3 throttle with the A/C on.... I either turn off the A/C or put it to the floor now. How is it going without using the paddles? ... Better I hope.
At 1/2 tank I gained a whopping 10 miles for mind numbing D-mode. I think I'll stop haha.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks
You should have your factory bottom trays fully installed.

-Oscar Jr.

very good advice!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
WOW.....that make k20 swap even more safe, buz the k20 swap cannot low the car more than 1 inch, buz of the clearance of the oil pan. But the oil pan is stronger material, but the SC oil filer and the hose in the pic seem like it hit something and cut the hose off.............that's crazy!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:00 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Wow man.... you did have to hit something crazy huge.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Wow man.... you did have to hit something crazy huge.
that is what i said. it surprised me too. i can't even figure it out. i thought back the whole day i drove it and can't even remember it. i know the oil filter was positioned right because i had the car on the lift 2 days before.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
It looks like something snagged the hose.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks
As I said over the phone revd, this is unfortunate.

The location of that oil filter is flush with the oil pan meaning you would have to hit something serious to knock this off like you did. I'm a little confused on how it didn't damage the oil pan... I know JDMChris bottomed his car out in a "carhole"(a car sized pothole), and everything was fine. Surprisingly, even his wheels!

Regarding "Rebuilts":
Rotrex superchargers are not rebuildable based on how they are assembled and the surface is finished inside the unit. I know how Rotrex units are assembled, and I would not want to purchase a "rebuilt" unit.

KraftWerks kit owners:
I do not think this should be a huge concern for you guys. You should have your factory bottom trays fully installed.

Call me when you are ready revd!

-Oscar Jr.
thank you oscar. you guys have been so much help. the customer service is so awesome. i bought the kit used and oscar went through the whole kit to make sure everything is in working condition and even fixed some of the small parts.

customer service is top notch and awesome

to all the people interested in buying this kit or already have this kit:
this is an awesome kit. i hate how my car feels now that it is stock. i hate not having the power this kit made. you really don't really have to worry what i went through because it was really lucky. if you are that worried that much about the oil filter buy the beatrush underpanel for $200 and it will be really safe that way.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jesse
very good advice!
the factory under tray was fully installed

Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580
WOW.....that make k20 swap even more safe, buz the k20 swap cannot low the car more than 1 inch, buz of the clearance of the oil pan. But the oil pan is stronger material, but the SC oil filer and the hose in the pic seem like it hit something and cut the hose off.............that's crazy!!!
i know that when you swap a k20 the oil pan sits lower but i didn't know you can only lower it only 1 inch

Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
i love college
keep me updated on what youre gonna do id go k20

Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
k24 !!! ..but it's 4X the price of the SC kit if you do the swap !!
so i'd say get a TURBO kit instead
HKS TURBO kit is selling for really cheap...i've seen $2300 usd before !!! and will make more hp then ur SC kit !!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
k24 !!! ..but it's 4X the price of the SC kit if you do the swap !!
so i'd say get a TURBO kit instead
HKS TURBO kit is selling for really cheap...i've seen $2300 usd before !!! and will make more hp then ur SC kit !!
That is a great price on the HKS unit and wouldn't have hesitated for a second on going that route if I lived in Canada..... It was 102 degrees F. yesterday and will be hotter today more than likely here in Texas..... I am not sure that considerable cooling modifications wouldn't be needed to lower the under hood temperatures and heat transfer into the cabin..... A turbo at that price is a great deal and probably easier to install..... Well worth considering as an alternative to the KWSC.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
man that sucks ass bro. I'm changing my fluid and filter today maybe i'll relocate it. Are you lowered?

Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
i love college
yeah hes lowered on coilovers i believe

Old 06-27-2009, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
keep me updated on what youre gonna do id go k20
K ain't all its cracked up to be trust me. I know 2 people who've done it and both of them have had problems. Swaps are $$$ and if it goes off without a hook then that's great. Personally if i were gonna do a swap a would buy a brand spanking new engine not a rebuild unless the rebuild was from a major rep shop and i mean major.

Otherwise i'm very happy with my setup.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
yeah hes lowered on coilovers i believe
slammed or moderate? I'm running the Mugen sports suspension. Moderate drop but handles like a dream.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
i love college
i'll wait for him on that one.. i havent seen his car since he put on his coils lol

Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
I literally have to drive off road and through weeds and grass a foot high. My front lower lip looks like hell and during dry spells my car has sunk into the sand to where the lip wasn't visible and the oil pan was all that was keeping the car from sinking any lower..... I am wanting the Beatrush more for the advantages other than protecting the KW filter but after tearing up a similar product on a Goldwing wondering if it is up to the 1/2 mile trip to and from my house..... I have checked out the position and condition of my filter and it appears to have been untouched...... I don't sink in the sand since changing the wheel out for ones with 7" rims and still using stock size tires, and out of necessity and practicality I haven't lowered my suspension.....When I consider all of these things, I am convinced even more so That revd34 just had a terrible stroke of bad luck.

Quick Reply: KWSC i destroyed my rotrex