Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Intercooler Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Can you use AEM methanol kit on stock 09 fit? Any repercussion?

Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Can you use AEM meth kit on stock 09 fit?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I am going to install hood louvers before I spend money on anything else to lower intake temperature..... Heat rises and the intake is almost touching the hood at the highest point... The air vented through a louvered hood goes over the car instead of creating drag by exiting underneath and lowers the temperature of everything under the hood also extending the life of belts, hoses, wires, battery and even the engine oil..... The U.S. Border Patrol, police and rescue units across the country are getting great results from using them.
there is one draw back to hood louvers - an increase in air temp that enters the cabin via the vents!!
i'm actually quite surprised that i am the only one to mention this as i am in canada
using the vents without ac must be excruciating in texas

any heat that is vented at the top of the hood will evidently enter the intake for the air vents (the holes between the wipers and the hood)

a cheap alternative (free!!) to hood louvers is to simply remove the foam insulation between the cabin air intake vent and the hood

Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
there is one draw back to hood louvers - an increase in air temp that enters the cabin via the vents!!
i'm actually quite surprised that i am the only one to mention this as i am in canada

any heat that is vented at the top of the hood will evidently enter the intake for the air vents (the holes between the wipers and the hood)

a cheap alternative (free!!) to hood louvers is to simply remove the foam insulation between the cabin air intake vent and the hood
I have had them on my car for 5 months and haven't noticed any difference in the temperature of the air through the vents..... I'll let you know if there is a problem but the temperatures have been in the 70s and the air through the vents haven't been producing temperatures any higher than that..... Any air that gets into a car here from mid April until early November is excruciating except at night some of the time. We've been sleeping with the windows open for the last 2 weeks

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 03-10-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THEproFIT

My hot air from the KWSC & engine exits from the rear of the hood since I have it lifted - I haven't felt any change in the temperature of the vented air.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Check out Run Cool Hood Louvers at RunCool Hood Louvers/Hood Vents For Your Vehicle - Cool Your Engine - RaceAce to see the types of vehicles that hood louvers are being used on, the reasons why, and resulting benefits...... Law enforcement agencies use them as a means of reducing the interior temperatures in K-9 vehicles with positive results and they are a common sight along the southern U.S. border on Border Patrol, INS and other law enforcement vehicles....They are being used on everything from Minis to blown big block Pro Stocks to high dollar sports cars and touring sedans...... They made a huge difference on my car.