Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

ZEX Nitrous for Honda Fits...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member

This exoctic and rarely seen-on-a-fit system is a nitrous kit. I was very lucky when putting in this kit. The heat shield for my intake is about the only place I could easily mount the management unit. The braided lines going into the unit in the front are fuel and nitrous in, while fuel and nitrous out mix come out the back, wrap around top of the intake pipe and are tapped into the intake.

Notha angle, good shot of the spray nozzle and fuel supply to nitrous/fuel mixture.

From the top

Nice shot of the management unit mount.

Yes, those are zip ties, and yes they will be replaced with something more durable and not as "rigged". Also need to get a rubber fitting to go around the lines to keep them from vibrating at points of contact with other metal pieces.

Bottle, mounted, check. Connection line comes from spare wheel compartment, I leave the bottle disconnected while daily driving.

Hope you enjoyed. Put it in with a buddy of mine, all by ourselves. I'd say total time over the span of a few days took about 8 hours. Neither of us have done an install like this before though, so I was proud of our work. Something nice to know for GE owners, YOU CAN CHANCE SPARK PLUGS WITHOUT REMOVING ANY OF THE ASSEMBLY AT THE BASE OF THE WINSHIELD. Just need to know what you are doing so you can work blind, also helps if you have long arms. I changed out my stock plugs for the Zex cold plugs, a must if running nitrous.

If you have any questions about the install LMK!

I expect the Fast and Furious jabs. Actually, really I'd be disappointed if they didn't come, so bring it!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I believe the zex kit on the fit activates via tps sensor and engine vacuum. Usually the mass Air senses the nitrous in a dry kit and provides fuel accordingly. There is also direct port and wet systems. Direct port being the optimal system but are considerably more expensive then the other systems