Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Cone Filter installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Cone Filter installed!

I have installed an after market cone style filter to the stock piping and let the filter rest in the stock filter box..... It works.... meaning it adds more air flow and HP, but when a real cold air intake is out, back on the shelf the cone filter goes!

It was just lying around, and i had to open the intake to hear Vtec crossover better! IT's better for sure!! IT's louder and has better throttle response, as to be expected. Now to see what my gas mileage is going to be like!! I just have to be easy on it and i will actually save gas.... probably won't happen b/c i want to hear the engine... and VTEC!!!

Will post pics soon.!

Anyone have or know of a CAI that is available for out FIT's???? Let a brother KNow!!

Gettinafit (GOt it already!)

Old 05-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have seen a weapon-R or something like that CAI but i dont have the link right now.. sorry..

Old 05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Pics Now!

Here are the pics of the Filter Installed

Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Another Smaller PIc

Smaller PIc

Old 05-08-2006, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
The other shrunk

The other pic shrunk

Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
nice... do you think you need to reset the ECU so that it learns that it has a new part?

example when i install my headers and CAI on my gsr i reset the ecu so that it learns it has new parts.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Master FitFreaker
it looks nice man I'm waiting on mugen or arc if they release one haha

Old 05-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I rane with nothing for about 15mins noticed a difference, but I'm fabing own intake soon

Old 05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Resetting ECU

About Resetting the ECU, I have installed on my 98 Prelude h22, the OBD2 workaround which is a switch to cut off ecu backup power, so that everytime you turn the car off it forgets everything and starts new on every startup! The down sides.... BURNS TONS OF GAS!!

The Fit for me is the opposite, i want it to use the intake as a means of fuel efficience and power for mid-top end.

Do you think i should reset the ecu??

gettinafit (Already Got it!)

Old 05-09-2006, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
About Resetting the ECU, I have installed on my 98 Prelude h22, the OBD2 workaround which is a switch to cut off ecu backup power, so that everytime you turn the car off it forgets everything and starts new on every startup! The down sides.... BURNS TONS OF GAS!!
So you purposely did something that makes you slower?

Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 AM
that looks pretty nice, i was wondering if anyone can lend me the bottom peice of there airbox cause i kinda hacked mine up a bit. i need it cause i am lending my car to injen to they can make a intake for it, they need the whole system to be stock though... can anybody help?

Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
OBD2 Workaround is for performance!

The obd2 workaround (basically clearing the ECU everytime) is a performance modification. If you are familiar as to how On Board Diagnostics 2 works, it has a set efficiency that it has to operate at. It monitors your engines sensory inputs and performs outputs to keep things closest to the "optimum" value programmed by the factory. In the beginning of a "Drive Cycle" which is how it learns things like ambient temperature, atmopheric pressure, air intake temperature, Manifold absolute pressure (air pressure in intake manifold also translate free folwing air mass into the chamber). When the computer doesn't have a value of these factors, as not to cause cylinder knock or misfire, it will run rich'er to make sure that there is no harm done to the engine. If you were doing modifications to any OBD2 (96- present) vehicle, the OBD2 workaround will allow your performance modifications to work as if you had added them to a Pre-OBD2 vehicle (1992-1995) OBD1, because OBD1 does not learn and adjust, it just monitors sensory inputs and makes it easier for Diagnostic purposes by setting a standard DTC (Diagnostic trouble code).

The OBD2 Workaround is basically the other option to getting a piggy back harness to down convert to OBD1 from OBD2. The reason i wish not to do that instead, is emissions testing. When it comes time for the emissions testing, i would have to take out the OBD1 computer and install the original OBD2 computer. Then go through the 800+ miles Drive cycles to set the readiness monitors then put the OBD1 computer back in when thats done!

With the Workaround, i just have to flip a switch and the ECU will retain information. I will just drive it for like a month and then go for Emissions inspection. Then when i pass, i just flip the switch and it's back to the way i want it... a Stupid computer dumping Fuel for Performance!

http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-afc/ecu.shtml

Exact instructions on how to perform this modification on your OBD2 Prelude (97-01).

(I'm an ASE certified/ Ford Motor Co. Certified Automotive Technician)

I hope this clears things up. The FIT for me is a Gas saving, reliable Honda! And a little performance is good enough for me! Most importantly for me with this vehicle is to only spend $28.50 for 9.0 gallons of gas which goes 330 miles per tank!!!

GettiNaFit (Already Got it!!!)

Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Gas Prices!

Yep That's $28.50 Divided By 9.0 = $3.16 a Gallon here on Long Island, N.Y.

I'm sure it's not the worst in the country, but it's pretty high!