Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC high boost vs T1R type S kit... which one would you go with?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
KWSC high boost vs T1R type S kit... which one would you go with?

im looking between these two kits. because to my understanding they are plug and play and they make decent power i know there is a 500 bucks difference but that doesnt matter to me.

now if you had to choose between these two which one will you go with?

my fit is a manual transmission and i live in florida so that means i dont care about carb or anything like that.

i like the KWSC high boost because of the numbers it makes but the t1r seems upgradeable..

guide me down the right path oh turbo people!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
I would go KWSC but I am biased because I have the 5 PSI kit..... Seriously I have owned a turbo boosted car and it was OK but what makes the Rotrex super charger so nice is the traction drive planetary constant velocity transmission and the KW kit is flawless in design, materials used, fit, and operation.... There is no wind up delay, much less under the hood temperature, no oil line hookup to the engine because it uses a special oil that has it's own tank, cooler and filter and it feels as if you have a larger engine it because of the way the power comes on..... You can use your choice of headers also instead of being stuck with with what comes with the turbo unit..... It is what works best in a warmer environment but still suffers some power loss in hot weather but some hood louvers have helped mine run much better on warmer days.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
kraftwerk supercharger kit is basic bolt on and go. you can upgrade it to a higher boost kit and add an intercooler and the car will stay rather oem.

the t1r kit has had some problems with the greddy e-manage and the fit's ecu so you will need some tuning done.

personally i would get the supercharger because it is such a great piece. i really wanted the turbo kit but kraftwerks just puts up such a great supercharger with nice power numbers that it is hard to compete against it.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 PM
If this were a year ago I would have gone with the KW kit. Seems to be excellent quality, slick top mount IC and "no tuning required" are all phenomenal qualities to be displayed by what appears to be a top notch team at KW.

The high boost kit is just the icing on the cake, what a cake it is.

The T1R kit with greddy e-manage has problems with the closed loop open loop air fuel ratios... correct me if I'm wrong but unless 70% throttle is applied the emanage wont take over. partial throttle, partial boost is the main problem with this setup....

With the advent of much research by Leonine and explosive potato the problem has been solved... replace greddy e-manage with Aem F/Ic.... Manny thanks and let praise be given where it is deserved.

I think that a turbo kit can be made just as reliable as the supercharger kit, it just requires much research and proper parts. that being said.... the Supercharger setup offered by KW seem rock solid out of the box.

In terms of upgradability the turbo setup has more compatible/ universal parts that could be changed, depending how much boost is being run.

Tuning is an issue that the turbo kit Needs. the KW kit is just a re-flash for the ecu.. Tuning from a good shop in Toronto is 600 CDN, full map... 3-500 rpm increments.. AEM meth kit tuning also.

I think with the wide-band/BOV and Manny other things that are needed to run higher boost are not a necessity on the KW kit.

Tit for Tat i think that out of the box, the high boost kit is a great option. Where the Turbo Kit shines is in the upgrades/ customization and tunability.... that being said you could easily run Aem Fi/c with the supercharger Like Leonine and tune to your heart's content....

I got the T1R kit from YeeFit, it had everything from wide-band to motor-mounts,exhaust and everything in between, he gave me a great deal. All i need now is bigger injectors, fuel pump, 10lb waste-gate spring, intake manifold, Aem meth kit and a boomslang harness for my Aem F/IC, EGT gauge, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, scargauge2.. and tune... never-mind the Transmission.... awe jeez....

Cheers

Cam

Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
you can see evrything i spellchecked.. noice

Old 11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
hehe thanks! so far im leaning towards the kw just because of the plug and play capabilities. if it could only go above 10psi and if the hondata guys would unleash their mercy upon us with a kpro/flashpro option for our ECU

Old 11-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wrussi
hehe thanks! so far im leaning towards the kw just because of the plug and play capabilities. if it could only go above 10psi and if the hondata guys would unleash their mercy upon us with a kpro/flashpro option for our ECU
You will love the highboost kit! I have been running the KW kit for almost 3 years now with 0 problems

Old 11-17-2009, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
btw i called aj-racing. the T1R turbo kit is discontinued.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:58 AM
same here KW 0 problems..

Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
I'd go with the KW kit but I'm very biased.

As it currently is my low boost setup in my A/T is VERY Satisfying and I've shocked plenty of people on the road who thought, "I've got this...it's just a Fit."

My car is 100% problem free and has been running that way since December 2008. If I could do it again the only thing I would change would be getting an M/T Fit so that I could get my hands on some High Boost!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
KWSC all the way.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
KWSC all the way.
I will agree with that.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
KWSC highboost is a solid kit for sure. Bolt on and good to go. Wish I still had my Fit or at least wish they had this option available when I went T1R.

I had really good gains with the T1R kit (CamFit) now has my complete setup.

One of my last tunes by RCTS monsterhorsepower/Reg Riemer/RCTS yielded 178whp and 167 torque to the wheels at 8psi. This was done on a Dynojet at 3100ft above sea level. The T1R kit can make really good power, it just depends on whether you like to tinker and continue to tune or be content with what you can get. The one thing is that the torque kicked you in the face and peaked at about 3200rpms. At 2500 rpms the torque was at 150 ft lbs

Last edited by YeeFit; 12-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
it's too bad KW came out 2 years too late....other wise i woulda went for it tooo !

Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Lately I've been debating whether I should go boosted as well. So it sounds like the KWSC kit is much more reliable than the T1R kit. But how about the reliability of the HKS Kit? As far as going FI, getting the max power out of it is not so much of a concern, I'll be content with the 27-35HP gain depending on which kit I get. Most important is reliability, I'd like to drive the car for another 5years atleast. And CARB ceritified is always nice =]

Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
I still have had no problems and my mileage is much better from using the Eco mode on a throttle controller.`

Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I still have had no problems and my mileage is much better from using the Eco mode on a throttle controller.`
Everything on the KWSC has been running smoothely? No major maintenance or anything? Just treat it as it were stock(aside from the 91)?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
The system works great and is very low maintenance.... I adjusted the belt once.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The system works great and is very low maintenance.... I adjusted the belt once.
Oooh I see. Wow, sounds like a good candidate. I was really hoping to go for a turbo set up though, really wanted to run a mean BOV. LOL. The KWSC looks to be the cheapest of the 3 kits as well.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
I have mentioned hood louvers I have installed on my hood to lower intake and under hood heat during hot weather..... Even though the is much less heat produced by the KWSC than a turbo does, there is some power loss when the ambient temperatures are high..... Kraft Werks also has a inter cooler available.

Quick Reply: KWSC high boost vs T1R type S kit... which one would you go with?