Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R Turbo kit dump tube

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
T1R Turbo kit dump tube

so all you people running the T1R kit, i have a couple questions about the dump tube.

1. how do you quiet it down?
2. have you guy re-routed it yet?

everytime i get on the gas it sounds really stupid. it sound like an exhaust leak and it is very loud. did i install something wrong? does anyone else have this problem? what did you guys do to quiet it down?

also the dump tube is aimed at the passanger side axel. this is really bad. it is suppose to be aimed under the car pass the fire wall. i think it would decrease under the hood temps if rerouted.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i was thinkin of rerouting it, cos it sounds kinda loud at higher gears and rpm

Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
most exhaust do get loud at higher RPM's.

isnt he selling this kit already

Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
not anymore. someone convinced me to keep it.

i don't have a problem with it being loud. i have a problem with how it sounds like an exhaust leak.

i did more research. rerouting the dump tube back into the exhaust is bad. i went to an exhaust shop and told me to find an alternate way. i found out that people were losing a lot of HP by rerouting the dump tube back into the exhaust.

on another forum a guy put a muffler on it. i was thinking about doing that, but it might be just overkill. here is a link:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f24/...uested-317315/

Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
not anymore. someone convinced me to keep it.

i don't have a problem with it being loud. i have a problem with how it sounds like an exhaust leak.

i did more research. rerouting the dump tube back into the exhaust is bad. i went to an exhaust shop and told me to find an alternate way. i found out that people were losing a lot of HP by rerouting the dump tube back into the exhaust.

on another forum a guy put a muffler on it. i was thinking about doing that, but it might be just overkill. here is a link:

Sound clips of the muffler on the dump tube ... as requested .. - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

that stupid sound u are hearing is the waste gate opening at boost....
it is the same COOL sound ppl want from the BOV...it proves that u are TURBO'd

but to tell u the truth..i hate it too....

BUT good thing is if you vent that tube to atmosphere, ur turbo spools faster and u get faster pedal responds......ALL FAST TURBO CARS have this VENTED out

AND YES !!
t1R kit have this tube vented to the passenger side AXLE which is kinda STUPID.....i thought it's gonna melt the CV boot for sure....but over a year now....it haven't happen yet !