Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HELP !!! which ONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned
HELP !!! which ONE

am going to buy one of these right now but which one should i get look at the pipe diffrence.
Name:  pipe2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  3.6 KB

Name:  pipe1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  50.6 KB

Which one should i get?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Who makes them? Price differences?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
So one is a straight pipe with no cat - bad idea.

The other has either a cat or a resonator. I would pick that one if it's a high flow cat.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
So one is a straight pipe with no cat - bad idea.

The other has either a cat or a resonator. I would pick that one if it's a high flow cat.

why is that a bad idea?

Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
why is that a bad idea?
The ecu will detect the lack of a catalytic converter and throw a code, most likely putting the ecu into limp mode. Plus its pointless on a Honda Fit not having a cat wont make much more power.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
The ecu will detect the lack of a catalytic converter and throw a code, most likely putting the ecu into limp mode. Plus its pointless on a Honda Fit not having a cat wont make much more power.
Not to mention it stinks, pollutes, and can get you a hefty fine.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:13 AM
isnt that only in CA? or am i wrong

Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
do urself a favor and keep the pussy lol...

Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingofpicklez
isnt that only in CA? or am i wrong
I believe it is 50 state. CA has stricter emissions but everyone requires a Cat.

~SB

Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
also, can you tell us the manufacturer of the pipe section in the first picture?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
good luck getting it inspected at least in TX w/o a cat. They won't even attempt to inspect if you have any kind of code or idiot lite showing . They have beefed up in many states, no sure about other state but I would guess if they can make $$, there is prob a state inspection in most states. I had a buddy in HS who's dad had the biggest P.O.S. chevy truck, almost nothing worked on it. He would take it get it inspected , hand the guy the keys with a $20 tucked in and when he came back, had an inspection sticker on it and no $20. Not sure if you can find these guys anymore, they get big fines for pushing thru non passing vehicles these days.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned
OKay i got the first one it was $134 Mugen brand new and headers for $34.99 mugen also perfect price on ebay new also fit sounds nice ruff and loud just saving for TiC-Catback muffler. and yes to everyone all states in the us can fine you for having such a loud car i been pulled 6 times yes 6 but i have my badge with me all the time.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Ok...I'm not tying to be an ass but are you sure you didn't buy Megan? Which is different completely from Mugen. I don't believe Mugen even makes a test pipe for the Fit.

In addition, it's just one header. Just one.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Ok...I'm not tying to be an ass but are you sure you didn't buy Megan? Which is different completely from Mugen. I don't believe Mugen even makes a test pipe for the Fit.

In addition, it's just one header. Just one.
They were probably Mugen style.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned
oh shit my bad i totally wrote the wrong thing, yes the brand is Megan lmao thanks for he notice i looked like an ass and property got ppl confuse.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
The test pipe will not throw a code, it has an extender that raises the O2 sensor away from the main stream of the exhaust. It will not stink, I barely smelled the thing when I had my face up to the exhaust. It just smells like fuel, and I guarantee you wont notice. The test pipe does not cause a rasp, but rather a growl/rumble sound. I have never been fined and ive ran a test pipe for over 2 years. (Not in the Fit). I also did a before and after dyno from removing the cat to a test pipe and gained 7whp in my Honda S2000. Not to mention about 10 lbs were shaved off.

I speak from personal experience. Although I dont believe a test pipe will make much power on a fit without supporting mods. Get a test pipe, full exhaust, and figure out a way to tune it and you could make another ~15 whp.

Last edited by qbmurderer13; 12-30-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned
i have a small problem i smell it from sitting in my car. like i turn it on then in a few seconds i smell so much fuel and when i get out and walk to the drunk i smell it more. after i put the headers n downpipe my check engine light came on.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Headers and downpipe? Are you talking about a Fit? The fit only has one header, which is cast into the head. So you would either have to replace the whole head, or chop off the header and weld the new one on. Also the fit does not have a downpipe, I assume your talking about the test pipe? If your test pipe does not have an extender then it will throw a code. You can find an O2 extender simulator at any auto store for a couple of bucks. If the tiny smell of fuel bothers you that much, go back to stock. The reason it smells more in the back is because thats where your exhaust fumes are coming out of...

Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
If the tiny smell of fuel bothers you that much, go back to stock. The reason it smells more in the back is because thats where your exhaust fumes are coming out of...
^Agree

Had Straight pipe on my GD and it was smelly and loud. Its fun for the first couple of weeks but then I got so sick of it... and eventually move up to Turbo so it can take away some of the noise.

Like qbmurderer13 says, just having the pipes is not enough to gain you all that power... you need other mods to compliment it, but its going to be hell of a lot of money and maybe you will run into maintenance issues down the road =\

Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned
test pipe no downpipe i know what i ordered online. and header i meant to say idk what car would have more than one header lol.

Guinness - NICE car dude but turbo for the fit never will never gonna too much for turbo and slow car. i own a fit also and combine all the power you put and money VS a Subaru it wont match so spending a lot of money on a fit "turbo" not worth it. so what if you fast? who are you racing? go against a subaru that you can buy from a police inpound here in miami for just brand new with 22k WRX $4k you dont believe me come down to miami see for your self how many ppl loose their car for stupied things they do

Quick Reply: HELP !!! which ONE