Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

kraftwerks 1/4 mile?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:44 AM
kraftwerks 1/4 mile?

wasnt sure if i should put this here or in the racing section...I searched with no luck but has anyone with a kwsc base kit or high boost ran their fit at the drag strip.. i'm really thinking about picking up the kit but for some reason cant find anyone that has raced their fit thanks for any responses

Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Luvs Dah b00st!
low boost 15.7
high boost 15.0-14.9
maybe

Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I hate to say it but the Fit is still not very fast with the base kit which may explain why you only see the turbo guys taking theirs to the strip.

I don't have any first hand experience with the high boost application so I can't comment.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm interested in this too.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know of anyone or why anyone would want to waste time and money to find out what their car will do a standing start 1/4 mile in unless they happen to be a spectator at a drag strip and just doing it for fun.... The first guy that posted 1/4 mile times on this forum that I remember was driving an automatic GD and had many idiots comparing cars that were much costlier and highly modified to his cars E.T.s..... I still haven't seen any 1/4 mile times for a turbo kitted Fit and they have been around for a much longer period than the Kraft Werks kitted Fits.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 AM
As am I there has to be some one out there that has taken their car to the strip. At this point ill take some turbo car track times too just to get an idea, u figures a base kit would be like low 15's with decent driver and high boost to he somewhere in the low 14's but maybe in wrong

Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I don't know of anyone or why anyone would want to waste time and money to find out what their car will do a standing start 1/4 mile in unless they happen to be a spectator at a drag strip and just doing it for fun.... The first guy that posted 1/4 mile times on this forum that I remember was driving an automatic GD and had many idiots comparing cars that were much costlier and highly modified to his cars E.T.s..... I still haven't seen any 1/4 mile times for a turbo kitted Fit and they have been around for a much longer period than the Kraft Werks kitted Fits.
Simple answer why not you drop that much money on a performance mod why would you not rest it out legally to see how it performs we all know the fit isn't a super car but if you adding forced induction too it your trying to make it faster....or at least that's what I would think. Why spend that much money and not see what it can do

Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
Simple answer why not you drop that much money on a performance mod why would you not rest it out legally to see how it performs we all know the fit isn't a super car but if you adding forced induction too it your trying to make it faster....or at least that's what I would think. Why spend that much money and not see what it can do
I added boost to mine because I wanted a car that had the things that all Fits have plus a 40% more torque and 30% more power..... It isn't a performance car but I have sure fooled a lot of people that think they are driving performance cars and I still pay a reasonable price for insurance..... The Kraft Werks base kit has been on my car for 9 months and has operated flawlessly and makes my car feel like it has a larger engine.... We are talking about a car with a 1500cc engine displacement that gets comparable gas mileage as a Goldwing ridden at the same speeds on the highway.... If I was the kind of person that didn't do my own maintenance and keep my cars for 10 years or longer I guess the money I've spent would have been wasted..... The last time I was on a drag strip I was driving a 65 Chevy pick up with a mildly modified 396 cubic inch big block with 30" diameter 7.50"x 15" cheater slicks.... I had less money in it than my wheels and tires cost for my Fit. Compared to what a lot of people have spent just to look good in relation to what I have spent on performance improvements, I feel that my money has gone farther.... I plan to go for the 10 PSI ECU and injector kit and a few other goodies in the future to make my car more enjoyable but 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile E.T.s really don't mean much when you are weeks away from your 60th birthday..... I am more into 60 MPH and beyond acceleration, its less stressful on the drive train and lots of fun.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
high boost turbo: low to mid 15's

Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by Spooling
high boost turbo: low to mid 15's
LOL....... no
on my stock motor on 15 lbs i did 14.2 at 100
thats pretty far from low 15's.
then on a better tune i did 13.9 at 105
so your a lil off there buddy

Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

How much money have you had to put into your car including what would have to be spent on labor??? In the state of tune that you ran these E.T.s would you be able to drive your car comfortably and with confidence on a daily basis in stop and go traffic?... I am more than impressed with what you have been able to do with your car, in fact amazed is an understatement.... The only engine I have run that kind of boost on had a much lower compression ratio than a stock Fit.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
when the car was "stock" engine running those time, it was a 100% daily driven car, system A/C still had full interior minus rear seats

Old 01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
That is reassuring about the strength of the Fit engine's ability to hold up and stay together. How about the drive train, were there any problems that or precautionary measures taken in the way of mounts, clutch, flywheel, L.S.D. or anything else?... I am truly blown away..... People were running in the 12s in the early 1970s driving boosted VW Beetles that were street drivable but they were much lighter and had much larger displacement and were far from stock internally.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Very nice times great to here anyone else?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I understand what you are saying Coyote, I'm just curious as what times are boosted fits turning out. I could care less about driving fast straight myself. I prefer the twisties

Old 01-09-2010, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
A boosted engine gets from one curve to the next much quicker and the Fit will last longer producing lateral G forces on curves instead of acceleration.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
boosted fits are still slow

Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
Can you prove it? There has to be someone out there that has ran at a drag strip in a supercharged fit

Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
So are fixed hub bicycles but people still enjoy them.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
So are fixed hub bicycles but people still enjoy them.
true. but theres much better platforms for performance, whether it be bikes or cars.

Quick Reply: kraftwerks 1/4 mile?