Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

need VERY high boost kwsc!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 PM
need VERY high boost kwsc!!

any chances of a 10+ psi extra high boost pulley?
even a 12 psi pulley would be fantastic
how about a kit with a new pulley and an oil cooler and/or a front mount intercooler or whatever?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
i love college
dont need two threads.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
can u tell me where this other thread is please (link)?
i think u r confused.
10+ means MORE THAN 10PSI

Last edited by THEproFIT; 03-14-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
IM pretty sure if you are looking to get 10+ psi your going to need to start doing custom work.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 PM
^+1

I also think you're going to need to re-sleeve your bottom end, forged pistons and rods, etc etc. That much boost is just asking for a hole in the motor (that may be debatable, but I've seen a blown motor running 6-7 psi of boost).

What are your hp goals (crank or wheels)? Plans for the car (drag, track, canyons, beastly daily driver)? Budget?

Last edited by jexeffectz; 03-16-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by jexeffectz
^+1

I also think you're going to need to re-sleeve your bottom end, forged pistons and rods, etc etc. That much boost is just asking for a hole in the motor (that may be debatable, but I've seen a blown motor running 6-7 psi of boost).

What are your hp goals (crank or wheels)? Plans for the car (drag, track, canyons, beastly daily driver)? Budget?
all of the above except drag

lets see all suggestions from free to unlimited

"just get forged pistons, rods, crank etc" as an answer without specific examples is less than useless

Old 03-21-2010, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have the base kit or the 10 PSI kit yet?...... I am planning to go for the High Boost upgrade and tuning for water methanol injection with an AEM F/IC .... !2 PSI with the stock compression ratio is asking for a very costly melt down even with methanol/water injection unless you have a very large trust fund and /or a lot of engine building and tuning knowledge and experience..... I have confidence in the KWSC kits but would still like the extra security of methanol/water injection.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
any chances of a 10+ psi extra high boost pulley?
even a 12 psi pulley would be fantastic
how about a kit with a new pulley and an oil cooler and/or a front mount intercooler or whatever?
How about just get the kw highboost that will up the rev limit (which is the only way to do that) and that will give you full 12lbs. If you want more power/boost after that its rather simple but you arent going to be pushing much more than kw hiboost with full bolt ons.

Last edited by dewthedew; 03-22-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 AM

lets see all suggestions from free to unlimited

"just get forged pistons, rods, crank etc" as an answer without specific examples is less than useless
I'm not sure I'm understanding your response.

Just for clarity, if I'm not clear already, I'm saying if you're going to run high boost on a stock motor, you're going to need a built motor to protect your "investment". Just trying to look out for your stock motor is all.

Like I said, I've seen a motor blow at 6-7 psi (again, debatable as every car is different). Hell, with a built motor, I'd say you can probably hit 14 psi without worrying about blowing a ring land, twisting a rod, etc. That's also assuming that you get lower compression pistons and you up your stroke. If that doesn't suit your fancy, then I'd suggest at LEAST re-sleeving your bottom end (if it's aluminum).

As far as your goals are concerned, I recommend you look into suspension mods in addition to your SC kit. Also, look into an LSD after you get your kit. Trust me when I say this, the LSD helps a lot, especially in the canyons.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Do you have the base kit or the 10 PSI kit yet?...... I am planning to go for the High Boost upgrade and tuning for water methanol injection with an AEM F/IC .... !2 PSI with the stock compression ratio is asking for a very costly melt down even with methanol/water injection unless you have a very large trust fund and /or a lot of engine building and tuning knowledge and experience..... I have confidence in the KWSC kits but would still like the extra security of methanol/water injection.
^This is probably the route you should take to up your boost past even 12 psi. But again, if you have a stock block, it won't do you any good because replacing it isn't a matter of IF anymore, it's a matter of WHEN.

If money is no issue to you, then you might also want to look into a k-swap along with the kit as well. It might net you around the same amount of $$$$ as a built motor.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
I would highly recomend sleeving and building your block as well. Our stock blocks can eaisly withstand 5psi, but when you're are talking about even just doubling that pressure, you're going to need to reinforce it cause it's gonna blow on you sooner or later.

And that goes for any type of FI for our cars.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 03-22-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor
You have a couple of issues here:

The stock MAP sensor is limited to about 10.5-11psi. You would need a 3 or 4 bar MAP sensor. then you will need to re-program for the 3 or 4 bar map sensor. I do not think this should be your first concern.

You have to get FLOW. The L15 needs to breathe better to make more power. Everything on the L-series head is extremely small. The valves are small. The ports are small. It is all small. And you cannot port the head open much more because you will break through. Add on that cams are not readily available and you would still need a standalone of some type to tune for all this.

As you can see, there is more to just "throw more boost at it."

-Oscar Jr.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
There has been one turbo'd engine that came apart running to much boost and a stand alone tuning device..... A person has to have realistic goals or put trust in those with experience and knowledge...... I am one that has created a few messes in my time and have had to learn to recognize my limitations.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks

The stock MAP sensor is limited to about 10.5-11psi. You would need a 3 or 4 bar MAP sensor. then you will need to re-program for the 3 or 4 bar map sensor. I do not think this should be your first concern.

You have to get FLOW. The L15 needs to breathe better to make more power. Everything on the L-series head is extremely small. The valves are small. The ports are small. It is all small. And you cannot port the head open much more because you will break through. Add on that cams are not readily available and you would still need a standalone of some type to tune for all this.

-Oscar Jr.

so will the high boost SS kit be putting too much stress on a stock L15A engine? let say i want to get this kit, i need to sleeve the block before installing the kit?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmspoonfit
so will the high boost SS kit be putting too much stress on a stock L15A engine? let say i want to get this kit, i need to sleeve the block before installing the kit?

no the KW highboost kit can be put on a stock engine just fine.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Hey JDMchris....... Are you still using the Megan exhaust stuff???? Even though with the high boost and the power gain in the upper end of the power band, do you think there is a different header that might work better at the higher revs without hurting the bottom end and mid range????

Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks

-Oscar Jr.
what exactly does the high boost kit make?

if it is 10 psi at the revised redline, i'd consider a 11psi pulley if u would make one

to all the other people.... please dont waste everybody's time with uneducated responses

like i said, just "re-sleeve this" and "bore out that" are not acceptable answers

suspension related answers WTF?!

i will list obviously bad responses
bore out...
aem.....
emanage.....
forged pistons....
less compression...
blah blah blah

theoretical answers r painfully obvious

SPECIFIC 10+ psi kwsc high boost only please

Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 AM
^Why aren't those acceptable answers? Did you mention that those were going to be done on ANY of your previous posts? No. So how in the good Lord's name is it uneducated? We work with what you give us, and by building your block, or swapping it because of flow and durability/reliability, that is THE FIRST STEP anyone should take when looking into forced induction on an N/A motor THIS small. To SOME it may be obvious, others not so...you're not the only one that looks through this thread, even though YOU created it.

In OTHER WORDS, though it may be obvious to YOU, it's NOT obvious to others. Unless you mentioned it previously, I hardly think anything that was brought to the table was a waste of time.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
less comp is a bad idea imo.. you'd lose power.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:57 AM
what exactly does the high boost kit make?

if it is 10 psi at the revised redline, i'd consider a 11psi pulley if u would make one

to all the other people.... please dont waste everybody's time with uneducated responses

like i said, just "re-sleeve this" and "bore out that" are not acceptable answers

suspension related answers WTF?!

i will list obviously bad responses
bore out...
aem.....
emanage.....
forged pistons....
less compression...
blah blah blah

theoretical answers r painfully obvious

SPECIFIC 10+ psi kwsc high boost only please
In case I'm reading your post wrong, allow me to ask what makes the responses you listed as BAD, bad?

Also the theoretical answers aren't necessarily, obviously bad, but should definitely be considered. If you don't like the answers we give you as a community who is only trying to look out for you...then look elsewhere for your answers. Wouldn't you rather do something right the first time rather then spending $xxxx.xx because you skimped on important parts of the diagram? If not...then I have nothing more to say.

Quick Reply: need VERY high boost kwsc!!