Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tsudo Cat-Back REVIEW!!! WITH SOUND CLIPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Thumbs up Tsudo Cat-Back REVIEW!!! WITH SOUND CLIPS!!!

You can purchase this exhaust from Speed-Element here: Tsudo 2006-08 Honda Fit 60mm N1 Inv Performance Catback Exhaust System

Alright, some of you may remember the thread I made asking if anyone has ever had any experience with the Tsudo Cat-Back from Speed-Element. Well I put the exhaust on a couple weeks ago and here is my review of it.

If I had to sum it all up in one word...: LOUD!!! And I love it!!!

One big question with exhausts is "Is it angled???" the answer is: Yes it is... but it doesn't look like a crooked ass-hole like alot of ricers like to throw on their vehicles. In my opinion it is angled up just enough to make it look like the muffler sits parallel with the back bumper and NOT to the ground. Cuz if it sits parallel to the ground and NOT the back bumper. the exhaust actually looks like it's angled down which really looks like crap.

No doubt about it this baby is loud... but rest-assured... It doesn't have that nasty, ricey, high-pitched, pissed off weed-eater sound. Oh no! This baby is low-tone. Very nice Deep-note!

I won't go into all the details of the dimensions and what not because you can look all of that up here: Tsudo 2006-08 Honda Fit 60mm N1 Inv Performance Catback Exhaust System

The Good:
-A true cat-back for less than $200 shipped!
-All hardware included (nuts, bolts and gaskets) everything you need to put that baby on!
-Sounds intimidating!
-Looks even more intimidating!
-Very high quality welding (see pics)
-Fitment was great! Utilized the factory hangars very well!
-Could easy tell a dramatic performance increase from the moment I took it for the first test drive
-Arrived very clean and undamaged

The Bad:
-Packaging was thrashed (see pics) but that might have been Fed-Ex's fault...

The Neutral:
-Speed-Element sent too many bolts... They sent a set of bolts that were already attached to the catalytic converter side of the piping... but the factory cat uses studs... whatever? Better than not sending enough i guess

And now the pictures!!!

]

nice welds!

underneath

As you can see the exhaust looks awesome... but obviously that's an opinion. The exhaust also has a "Tsudo" Emblem on it which can be seen in one of the angled shots of the exhaust.

Now the momment everyone has been waiting for (and you probably just skipped to and didn't read the review)

THE SOUND CLIP!!!

YouTube - Honda Fit Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust Clip

I think it sounds great! Let me know what you all think

Peace,

~Demon

Last edited by Demon Fit; 03-22-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Images too big
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
sorry about the gigantic images before guys... I don't know any other way besides resizing and re-uploading all of the images to post them directly in the forum so i made thumbnails with links. sorry...

Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Or don't let me know what you all think about it whatever... 100+ views and absolutely no feedback at all... awesome

Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Looks clean and has a nice deep sound to it I give it my thumb up

~Robert

Old 03-28-2010, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Plus you can't beat that price too.

~Robert

Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by LaoSiFu
Looks clean and has a nice deep sound to it I give it my thumb up

~Robert
'preciate it, it does sound quite nice i think, but you really have to hear in person to get the full effect lol. but you're right, can't beat the price at all. I expected much less quality for the money but it gets mistaken for much higher priced brands ALOT haha

Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
I didn't post because I don't like coffee can exhausts. However, the price is great for a full catback if you're into that style.

The reason you're not getting any responses to your post is cause this forum is 95% dead - seems most GD3 owners have moved on, and other than that there are alot of GE8 owners who are obviously not interested in a muffler for the GD3.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
i didn't comment because it's virtually the same exhaust as the skunk2 mega power catback and every gd3 owner knows what that sounds/looks like.

great price though. probably worth the cost even if you wanted to hack off the n1 style muffler and weld on a bodied muffler in its place.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
PS:

clean Fit!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Koi
I didn't post because I don't like coffee can exhausts. However, the price is great for a full catback if you're into that style.

The reason you're not getting any responses to your post is cause this forum is 95% dead - seems most GD3 owners have moved on, and other than that there are alot of GE8 owners who are obviously not interested in a muffler for the GD3.
What do you mean? Is there a better GD3 forum out there somewhere that I should become a member of? Or am i just SOL with a GD3 forum?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Demon Fit
What do you mean? Is there a better GD3 forum out there somewhere that I should become a member of? Or am i just SOL with a GD3 forum?
What I meant was the exhaust section of the forum, not Fitfreak as a whole.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM
how does this/the skunk2 sound compared to just removing the stock axle back muffler and leaving it open?

Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sethne
how does this/the skunk2 sound compared to just removing the stock axle back muffler and leaving it open?
You mean drive w/o a muffer? Is that what you really want?

~Robert

Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
well ive driven the past two years with my muffler removed and honestly have liked a lot like many others have, im very much considering buying this due to it being a full catback for an awesome price. just wondering how it feels performance wise compared to no muffler and more importantly... soundwise

Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
wow, sounds great... and the price is sweet! definitely gonna consider picking one of these up... payday is tomorrow too lol thanks for the review!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 PM
just ordered mine a few days ago. will be arriving tuesday

Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
I'd buy for b pipe. Not a fan of angle cut exhaust's

Last edited by redrumm; 06-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
i agree with redrumm, i think i might buy for b-pipe, good looking exhaust just not to much of a fan on the cut on the tip, if it was straight id be into it more but good review and clean ride man

Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
i ordered this about Aa month ago and installed it about a week ago. i got to say, the welds and fitment were PERFECT. tone is actually pretty good and deff louder thsan just the axleback removed. deff more power as well. only problem is i got a bad exhaust leak at the flange behind the resonator. like VERY audible. any ideas how to fix this? besides thart i couldnt be happier with this purchase.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
so you can def feel the differance in power? more low end or?

Quick Reply: Tsudo Cat-Back REVIEW!!! WITH SOUND CLIPS!!!