Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Those who've ONLY replaced the muffler, input

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Question Those who've ONLY replaced the muffler, input

I wanna give my 2010 some tude' w/o someone throwing a box of Uncle Ben's at me. I've had great luck with Magnaflow and I'd like to stick with that. I went to the muffler shop and the guy looked at the wierd muffler and told me to get an offset/offset muffler, which I'll be doing. I'm also going to get a tip, something tasteful about 2 1/2"-3" and call it a day. So, if you've done this to your newer Fit let me know how it REALLY is, I'd appreciate it

BTW, I plan on getting the K&N intake as well, this way it sounds good in the front and back and may pick up some more power....I hope

Old 04-02-2010, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
I put a 12" glass pack and 2 1/2" pipe and 3" outlet tip on my GD before it had reached 500 miles..... I am 4 miles from 30,000 miles right now and over 3 1/2 years of hard driving with the last 8000 miles being supercharged. I think is stupid to spend what I have seen spent by so many easily influence label conscious, insecure people that must have been ostracized in middle school for not having the same athletic shoes as the cool kids that dictate what is cool..... Go for it and be original. Would you let a faggot tell you how to dress because he is supposed to be cool..... I'm tired of seeing so many look alike cars on this forum.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I put a 12" glass pack and 2 1/2" pipe and 3" outlet tip on my GD before it had reached 500 miles..... I am 4 miles from 30,000 miles right now and over 3 1/2 years of hard driving with the last 8000 miles being supercharged. I think is stupid to spend what I have seen spent by so many easily influence label conscious, insecure people that must have been ostracized in middle school for not having the same athletic shoes as the cool kids that dictate what is cool..... Go for it and be original. Would you let a faggot tell you how to dress because he is supposed to be cool..... I'm tired of seeing so many look alike cars on this forum.
I'm not sure what to make of this post

Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I'm not sure what to make of this post
Sorry..... I shouldn't have indulged in beer drinking while on pain medicine and an empty stomach...... Fortunately I seldom drink and express myself much differently than the above post suggest.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
Guess we'll never see TC on that show if it even exists still 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' or whatever it was actually called. hahaha

Old 04-03-2010, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
I really liked that show and if it were on today I would be game for a fashion make over those gay gentlemen were very classy guys..... A friend I have known for 15 years and even lived with me and my then girlfriend called me up from a V.A. Hospital to tell me he was coming out. I wasn't all of that much surprised even though he had always been into women. I really should not have used the language I did in that post. I like quality but if what is being sold for less is only different in name and serves the same function and better I am going to buy it instead of buying something because it is revered because of a well publicized brand name and expensive marketing..... I an sorry that I sounded like a hater..

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
14.99 S/H 9.99 would this work K.A.?

Old 04-03-2010, 02:07 PM
So what does that muffler sound like, I like the tip?

BTW, the use of that slur was shocking but I guess you never know when its going to be used so you've gotta be ready. I'm no "PC" guy at all, trust me, but that word and the "N" word have no place in any car forum....infact, any forum

Let's hope it was the above mentioned reason, we'll have to see I guess.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
BTW, the use of that slur was shocking but I guess you never know when its going to be used so you've gotta be ready. I'm no "PC" guy at all, trust me, but that word and the "N" word have no place in any car forum....infact, any forum
Might want to stay away from this thing called the 'internets' if those words shock you.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I have an o9 I had them cut from the cat and run2 1/2 inch pipe to the biggest wicked flow muffed they had super deep tone and I feel more power than I added the k&n drop in filter and between the both I get a little more and better gas mpg I get 40 - 45 mph now

Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
Depends how loud u want this but the GE fit's are really quiet (I think they have 2 resonators in the mid pipe). I made a custom straightpipe axleback section and still it's not really loud. so if ur looking for mid level noise I'd say look into the mid pipe.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Koi
Might want to stay away from this thing called the 'internets' if those words shock you.
Just wanna keep the post positive, not shocked at all, respect is a thing of the past, especially where E-thugs roam free. I like the way you said "this thing called the internets", its like you looked up my age in my profile or something

Anyways, I'm not going to mess with the resonaters at all, afterall, this is a N/A engine and like I said, I don't want any Uncle Ben's left by my drivers door, so I'm hoping the muffler alone will give me the "attitude" I'm looking for.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
I have heard the term Uncle Ben utilized in a derogatory manner and rice as well... I conceded that what I said was inappropriate.... You might want to check out a muffler that is being used by an older gentleman on HondaFitForums.com.... The way he describes the sound is much like what you appear to be looking for and it is of stainless steel construction.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I will look for that and if you happen to find it before I do, can you put it in here, thanks! Although I'm 40 I don't consider my self old, I like a loud exhaust if it sounds good and I play my radio loud, just my kind of music....everything but country!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
I have heard the term Uncle Ben utilized in a derogatory manner and rice as well... I conceded that what I said was inappropriate.... You might want to check out a muffler that is being used by an older gentleman on HondaFitForums.com.... The way he describes the sound is much like what you appear to be looking for and it is of stainless steel construction.
Older Gentleman? Well I only half qualify. I got the old part down pat.

Anyhow I am the oldest Fit owner with an HKS. I am waiting for someone to ask me how I like driving my grandson's car.

The sound - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post830237

Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
The guy I was referring to is actually about the same age as I am....As long as I am making performance modifications to anything with an internal combustion engine I don't feel my age and the older gentleman I referred is always doing something to improve his Fit. black3sr is just an ornery little boy even if he was driving a Studebaker half a century ago and he has a great looking Fit... I forgot that I also drove a Studebaker over half a century ago but my Fit just looks so so.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
The guy I was referring to is actually about the same age as I am....As long as I am making performance modifications to anything with an internal combustion engine I don't feel my age and the older gentleman I referred is always doing something to improve his Fit. black3sr is just an ornery little boy even if he was driving a Studebaker half a century ago and he has a great looking Fit... I forgot that I also drove a Studebaker over half a century ago but my Fit just looks so so.
Hey the Studebaker was my Dad's. I totaled it for him.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Black3sr;836664]Older Gentleman? Well I only half qualify. I got the old part down pat.

Anyhow I am the oldest Fit owner with an HKS. I am waiting for someone to ask me how I like driving my grandson's car.

I may be the oldest Fit owner with a supercharged Fit that disabled veteran plates and a handicapped parking placard..... I have handicapped plates on my motorcycle.... My kid drives a Ridgeline and Accura TSX and can't get over how fast and good handling my car is.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
[quote=Texas Coyote;837018]
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Older Gentleman? Well I only half qualify. I got the old part down pat.

I may be the oldest Fit owner with a supercharged Fit that disabled veteran plates and a handicapped parking placard..... I have handicapped plates on my motorcycle.... My kid drives a Ridgeline and Accura TSX and can't get over how fast and good handling my car is.
Well the Fit does keep us young. Still how come we can't pick up younger chicks with them?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Young chicks are great to look at but once they open their mouths they pretty much destroy everything else they may have going on...... There are extreme exceptions, they are dangerous and will make you do stupid things and end up writing bad checks to pay off your maxed out credit cards..... I like having an excellent credit rating and just look.

Quick Reply: Those who've ONLY replaced the muffler, input