Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC with WR manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
KWSC with WR manifold?

i know there is a thread already but i cant find it...

my question is has anyone run a Base KWSC kit with the WR intake manifold? i haven't upgraded the injectors so i don't wanna run lean with the manifold and i don't have a A/F meter yet so i cant check the ratio.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I believe MnFit is using W R manifold and a very free flowing exhaust. He is also using 310 injectors as well....

Old 04-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
im the fit is also running the WR Manifold, might want to talk to him. Here's a link to a photoshoot of his car... https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-kwsc-fit.html

Old 04-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
wr mani is not a prob with the kwsc just hope it doesnt crack

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
yeah ditto to that statement. I'm no longer running mine because of that problem. The welds couldn't take the weight of the piping but i was also running a BOV.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
grtpumpkin cut a stock manifold in half and worked it over with a die grinder, glued it back together and claims a boost in fuel mileage, more power and torque.... $90.00 for a stock manifold to replace the one you cut on if you mess up isn't to much to risk. WR is replacing their early manifolds that sprung leaks and cracked. You need to look into that leonine.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
grtpumpkin cut a stock manifold in half and worked it over with a die grinder, glued it back together and claims a boost in fuel mileage, more power and torque.... $90.00 for a stock manifold to replace the one you cut on if you mess up isn't to much to risk. WR is replacing their early manifolds that sprung leaks and cracked. You need to look into that leonine.
"claimed" is the key word

i believe that he believes it made more power etc. but without before and after dyno numbers or even just after dyno numbers, it would be extremely foolish to replicate what he has done to his manifold
i highly doubt he has bested the engineers at honda

i think he even removed the expensive ceramic coating to make it "look better"

just reading of the removal of the ceramic coating alone made me lose 10 iq points!

Old 05-23-2010, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THEproFIT
"claimed" is the key word

i believe that he believes it made more power etc. but without before and after dyno numbers or even just after dyno numbers, it would be extremely foolish to replicate what he has done to his manifold
i highly doubt he has bested the engineers at honda

i think he even removed the expensive ceramic coating to make it "look better"

just reading of the removal of the ceramic coating alone made me lose 10 iq points!
Ouch, at 65, I think you're now legally retarded.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I was not aware that WR is recalling any of their manifolds?

The earliest of the WR manifolds had some issues with the EGR flow, I should know, Leo hooked me up with one of the prototype manifolds to do some real world testing on.

After the EGR issue had been recitified I was sent one of the first full production manifolds... which I have been running ever since with zero problems.

I have only seen once case of a cracked WR manifold and it is related directly to how the intake system is mounted. The engine moves quite a bit and if you install an intake system that is bolted to a fixed location without and freedom to move it WILL crack eventually just because the stress you are putting on it.

I was using a Fujita CAI with mine for a while, I noticed that from where it was bolted (with a flexible rubber joint) it actually pivoted the entire intake system on that point... if it had been fixed it would have eventually caused damage. I switched to an SRI shortly after.

The WR design is actually quite strong, it employs a lot of stiffeners and has very good weld quality all around. I can't there being any kind of problem with running a KWSC at all, it was designed with FI in mind.

As far as cutting apart your existing manifold and then gluing it back together goes... I think it is a cool idea and likely does yield some gains. But comapring it to the WR setup is like comparing a Mustang to a Porsche 911... the WR actually has velocity stacks which extend into the chamber hidding inside the manifold, it is a really well designed unit.

Anyway, sorry for the huge responce; I know way too much about this manifold, lol.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
I can see how the WR manifold would make a big difference on any Fit and It is great to look at.... Surprise surprise, the stock manifold has bell shaped velocity tubes also.