Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon*R SW Intake System / Header / Header Back System + Dynos

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
Because he's not a vendor / manufacturer

when they put up a product for sale / view, they should expect people to like / dislike it

I am pretty sure you have put in negative comments on something in your life

-joe
yeap, thanks

i've never been impressed with Weapon R stuff, it seemed to be the Riceboys favorite brand for years, but i give everyone a fair chance. The TR1 exhaust sounds far better

I do like the short ram though, i like them better than the cold air, just cause its easier to change the filter

Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Did you use an Automatic or a 5 speed car for the Dyno results?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Staff@WR
Ok MSRP is $219 Part# 301-154-101
When is the release date?
Also what part is that for the part number? the intake or some part of the exhaust?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
the exhaust sounds like a race car. Sounds mean though, good work .

Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
We used a 5spd manual that had two thousand miles on it already. The Intake is now available.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
waaaaay too many pics for me to load any of them, someone give me numbers instead of pictures of them

Old 06-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Exhaust has the sound that can only be described as the definition of rice sounding. The intake sounds good though as you would expect from pretty much any Short Ram or CAI application.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
post clips dougiepants!!

Old 06-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Exhaust sounds too loud for me. Plus I don't like the coffee can exhaust.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
OEM VTEC only has max 88,7 HP ?

Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
has anybody noticed that thoes numbers are from the flywheel? thats not including the rest of the drivetrain.. now that i look at it again the numbers seem low

Old 06-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Just wondering if this sytem does AWAY with the Catalytic converter. The Cat is attached to the header on all these new models that Honda and other manufacturers are coming out with. With the catalytic converter attached solidly to the header it lights up faster and produces a better emissions result. From these pictures shown by weapon R it appears the Catalytic converter is "left off" , or there could be another catalytic converter lurking between the head pipe and the resonator mid section. I am interested in hearing from the "Weapon R Rep" about the "Cat". By elimination the catalytic converter that would not be an emission legal vehicle anymore. By Califronia standards, however I doubt that any manufacturer would produce any system that would not be legal. Also it appears that the Weapon R exhaust system is of an 2.5 inch piping. Maybe the Weapon R rep can answer these questions. By the way the Weapon R products look impressive, nice looking welds and stainless materials. Also one other issue I have is the flex-section at the end of the head pipe, what gives? Is this just a prototype and the official header will not have this flex section. Thanx for the answer in advance...

GWD

Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Someone that Posts too much
guywdog

it's a cat delete header.. i already try to get them to confirm that..

-joe

Old 06-17-2006, 12:55 PM
when will the header be out?

Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
thats a very nice looking race header.

WR already reestablished themselves as a very good company in the Scion community. they're pretty good imo.

a "race header" deletes the cat. yields very good mid-high end power. its the bolt-on that makes the most gains out of i/rh/e. the problem will be that with any race header, u're bound to get a CHECK ENGINE LIgHT.

why? the secondary o2 sensor is detecting a 'cat malfunction'. no harm to the car or gas mileage though. just an anoying CEL. u can make a mechanical o2 simulater with spark plug defoulers (hit and miss on that) or electrical sim, none out for the Fit just yet.

emissions testing MIGHT be a problem. but the Fit's engine can already pass most sniffer tests w/o a cat. i believe its a ULEV.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
thats a very nice looking race header.

WR already reestablished themselves as a very good company in the Scion community. they're pretty good imo.

a "race header" deletes the cat. yields very good mid-high end power. its the bolt-on that makes the most gains out of i/rh/e. the problem will be that with any race header, u're bound to get a CHECK ENGINE LIgHT.

why? the secondary o2 sensor is detecting a 'cat malfunction'. no harm to the car or gas mileage though. just an anoying CEL. u can make a mechanical o2 simulater with spark plug defoulers (hit and miss on that) or electrical sim, none out for the Fit just yet.

emissions testing MIGHT be a problem. but the Fit's engine can already pass most sniffer tests w/o a cat. i believe its a ULEV.
no harm to the car

but you are harming the environment

-joe

Old 06-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
no harm to the car

but you are harming the environment

-joe
if u're concerned about the environment, then dont buy a gasoline engine car. find something that'll run on corn oil.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I'd like to run this setup, but it'll never pass my emmissions tests, it might pass the running test with low smog #'s, but you have to pass a visual test too (at least here) so it has to have the o2 sensors, cat, etc. otherwise I'd fail. Thinking about doing it anyway and saving all the stock parts, a switch a month or so before the test then back to this. Dunno if its worth it.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
We do have a CEL Eliminator that is available so that you can avoid the CEL it is used with other race headers as well.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
release date? when can we bolt it all on!

Quick Reply: Weapon*R SW Intake System / Header / Header Back System + Dynos