Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Twin DLI Ignition Amplifier for the Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:48 PM
HKS Twin DLI Ignition Amplifier for the Fit!!

Anybody tried it?? The makes one for the fit... P\N -> 43001-AH001

Marko!!

Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
I have been giving it some consideration.... I had better than expected results with a Mallory Hi-Fire ignition booster on a GMC Safari getting more power, throttle response and fuel mileage.... They are hell on Platinum plugs and require a lower heat range with copper core plugs( 2 ranges on my Safari).

Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
anybody have this installed?
anybody?
a detailed install followed by dyno numbers would be fantastic!!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think u need that for our 100hp motor
besides that product is $600

Old 10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
I don't think u need that for our 100hp motor
besides that product is $600
All of the HKS crap is overpriced. Maybe Mallory, MSD, or Accel some other company has something with a better price by now... I keep hoping they will have. I want to use a water/methanol injection system to cool down the intake, combustion chamber and exhaust gas temperatures and believe an ignition amplifier(multi spark booster) and possibly an AEM AFI/C would allow me to safely tune for more power and better fuel mileage.... I think it is possible that I am somewhere around 170WHP now and these items should safely allow more power without adding more boost even without the AF/IC.... I have seen the HKS ignition amplifier cheaper than $600 but not enough cheaper for me to jump up and get one yet.... I need to get engine mounts first and I don't expect the clutch to last long with the power increase because the tires are going fast and only have 14000 miles on them even though I am constantly rotating them and trying hard to not light them up in 1st and 2nd.... This sounds out of character for an old man that is 16 months from drawing Social Security benefits, doesn't it?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Tex by the time it's said and done with ur GD3 it's going to Light'n fast...... here comes Tex look out!
a.m. humor
Mike

Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Well Mike, I'm slowing down more everyday and everything I start out to do takes a lot more time than it would have just a year or two before. I figure that all of the things I do to make my car faster will make up for some of the time I'm losing when I have to do other things that I'm not as fast at doing as time takes it's toll.... I'd be a real wizz if I could be back like I was 40 years ago but not as distracted by all of the wild and crazy women that I couldn't leave alone.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Tell me about it Dee I'm Beat like a rented mule. I finished up installing the amp yesterday and can't sleep cuz of my shoulder won't stop hurting. But it was Fun and I know tommorow I'll be grinning all the way to church . gett'n older some daze just ain't funny. We will have a better day tommorow!!
Take care and I'll be looking for ya in these pages.
PS love ur avitar
Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 10-03-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
Come on now Mike, You have all of those kids around to keep you young and if they get out of hand you take them for a ride and crank up the base until their ears bleed... Having kids around really do keep a person young.... There is a 13 year old kid down the road that has been helping me on some of the stuff I am doing to my car and that little rascal can figure things out that I can't and also catches me messing up and sets me straight before I really mess up... He is already coming up with reasons I should leave my car to him in my will.. If you keep having Lexis cleaning your tires she may start talking to you about why you should will your car to her. The avatar was the ultimate bad hair day.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
All of the HKS crap is overpriced.

I want to use a water/methanol injection system to cool down the intake, combustion chamber and exhaust gas temperatures and believe an ignition amplifier(multi spark booster) and possibly an AEM AFI/C would allow me to safely tune for more power and better fuel mileage....

I think it is possible that I am somewhere around 170WHP now and these items should safely allow more power without adding more boost even without the AF/IC.... I have seen the HKS ignition amplifier cheaper than $600 but not enough cheaper for me to jump up and get one yet.... I need to get engine mounts first

For the most part I agree, HKS is overpriced, though I have to admit I had a pair of their 272* duration cams in one of my 2.0s and they were fantastic installed straight up on zero'd cam gears. Idle wasn't real choppy, didn't lose bottom end grunt and they let me put another 1,500rpm on my power band in addition to 3lbs/min over all on the same tune at the same boost.

If you are going to use an alky injection kit, I would talk to the guys at Snow Perfomance or Devil's Own about a progressive kit with a boost reference and if it is a daily driver get a tank that is at least a couple gallons. They are reasonable especially compared to AEM, but speaking of AEM you should get a wideband and gauge controller as well if you don't already have one.

When you get comfortable with tuning on meth you can easily upgrade the Snow Performance kits.

You might recall how WW2 guys used to a technique called "wet compression" which is where they would perform pre-compressor injection with a very small nozzle with a solenoid inline to stop flow immediately when throttle is snapped shut to avoid compressor surge or "bark"

The gains from using a nozzle a few inches before the throttle body and another in front of either the intercooler or compressor are remarkable.
In some cases people can just run a hot pipe and no charge cooler because of the affect. I know a couple who have done it in daily drivers, but ir requires a spot on tune.

On my ECMLink forum there is a guy named Paul Volk who has a compound turbocharged 2.0l 93 pump gas tuned motor using an M3 nozzle at the inlet of his 60 trim turbo and another m7 or larger at the throttle body after the MHI TD05H E316G with a 28"x12"x3" intercooler between the two turbos. On Pump and 50/50 water/meth he was pushing >70lbs/min and 20* timing on an 8.5:1CR.

It is fantastic stuff.

Pump and meth sees some of the 7.8:1-8.5:1 guys to 37-38psi boost, granted those are on large efficient compressors.

If you can find some, you may like getting a billet aluminum front roll mount, prothane bushings for the front subframe and a prothane/polyurethane firewall side mount. That way the engine won't go anywhere and the cabin won't vibrate like crazy.

Works wonders in a couple cars for me, and I have pulled the balance shafts from two of the motors in question, so the effect is at worst significantly diminished to say the least.

Cut down on wheel hop too, and our front diffs Honda and DSM alike DO NOT like wheel hop. Plus spinnin ain't winnin!

Old 10-03-2010, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Come on now Mike, You have all of those kids around to keep you young and if they get out of hand you take them for a ride and crank up the base until their ears bleed... Having kids around really do keep a person young.... There is a 13 year old kid down the road that has been helping me on some of the stuff I am doing to my car and that little rascal can figure things out that I can't and also catches me messing up and sets me straight before I really mess up... He is already coming up with reasons I should leave my car to him in my will.. If you keep having Lexis cleaning your tires she may start talking to you about why you should will your car to her. The avatar was the ultimate bad hair day.
See today is a better day! and who would have thought the kids we reach out to would be the reason. Tell that little mechanical freind I said hi and what a good job he's do'n. And as far as the Fit goes my 15 year old eye's Lit up when she sat down and heard the boom box.
Thankz D

Sorry FF's for thread jack'n my bad, is that still cool to say?

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 10-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.