Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Headers+Exhaust HELP needed... !

Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Headers+Exhaust HELP needed... !

Hi guys, I'm thinking of modifying my exhaust + headers. I'm new to modifying performance wise so can you guys help me which part i need to make this modification work?

Headers : what parts do i need? i know i need the header itself... the "mid-pipe", the cat (although i heard that the stock is fine too).. what else?

Exhaust : The exhaust is just bolted onto the mid-pipe right? oh and the hangers clips hang onto the car? correct?

lol.. please don't flame me too much for being too newb.. haha, some good advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Ps: also note which header+exhaust system that are known for working best on the jazz.. or fit. I'm in australia so i have a jazz. L13A.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Sorry one more thing, I am not looking after cheap replicas or aftermarket products.. Something trustworthy, genuine and strong. Also i'm not looking for a exhaust system which is going to wake the whole town up. Perth is a small town, and the polices over here is pretty strict about how loud your engine is.. I'm just looking for a deep sound which isnt too overexaggerated.. thanks guys

Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
your exhaust consists of 4 parts:
header
cat pipe
mid-pipe/b-pipe
muffler/axel back.

header: really not bad, but it is rather restrictive at the collector. all runners meet and have to exit throught a 2" exit, rather small if you ask me. and im sure the flow characteristics can be better.

cat-pipe: no, sotck is not good. the pipe itself is about 1.25-1.5" inside diameter and the cat is very restrictive. there is nothing good about it, lol.

mid-pipe: same diameter as the cat pipe, very restrictive, about 1.5" inside diameter. most exhaust systems you see advertised DO NOT include this section and are just axel back sections.

muffler/axel-back: also resreticvtive. you have a large variety of choices, most of the are 50mm(2") piping.

since you said you want quality, i recomend js racing full exhaust (but be prepared to pay about $3k)
more reasonable price for a full exhaust is t1r.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
^^OP also said that he didn't want anything too loud. full J's will wake up everyone within a 5 mile radius. replace the cat. with a test pipe and the radius doubles, lol

L13a, not too familiar with it as the USA only got the L15a. however, if my GranTurismo specs are right: Spoon header, Spoon b-pipe, Spoon street exhaust, and a Spoon air filter should net you 83hp... haha, all kidding aside, i would seriously do all Spoon if i had the money and the resources to make it happen.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks nighthawk! Yea, i was looking around J's racing, i really don't mind paying that much, ahaha yea i calculated also, all up it was about 3g. But one thing that came to my mind is that the J's racing midpipe don't have a resonator... Im wondering wheter it'll be too loud? do you know if it is damn loud or not? because as i said before, i just want a more deeper sound, i don't want to wake the whole town up or get pulled over by the police for being too loud...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Wagoon are you saying Spoon's set will give a better gain then J's racing and also a more silenced sound?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Loevess
Wagoon are you saying Spoon's set will give a better gain then J's racing and also a more silenced sound?
no, i'm not saying that at all. i'm just a fan of Spoon products as they're one of the leading companies in Honda NA tuning. since i never plan to boost any Honda i own i think it's safe to say that Spoon's products are the best investment for my direction of modifying.

in regards to your exhaust dilemma, it's give and take. better exhaust flow will increase the decibel level of your exhaust and vice versa. when i had my GD3 i only did a header, b-pipe with resonator, and an axle back with a bodied muffler (apex-i world sport II) and never got pulled over for "noise pollution." the general consensus is that most bodied mufflers (chambered or packed) will "muffle" sound better than an N1 style axle back.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Shit guys check this out! :O

YouTube - Varex remote control muffler.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I checked out Spoon's n1 muffler. It's pretty neat hey... and i love the way it makes your car sound!

What header and B-pipe did u use wagoon?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
nothing spectacular: megan header and b-pipe, non-baller status

Old 09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Wagoon i think it's decided... my axle back HAS to be spoon. Shit man i love the sound of it.. hahaha Problem is with spoon header though im not sure they make one for L13A. I know for sure the J's racing does.. maybe I'll mix and match between them 2. haha