Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Looking for a deep sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Looking for a deep sound

hey guys im new to the forum. but im looking for the deep sound like when my fit starts up i have a 2010 fit sport but it loses the sound when you go and i wanna keep it so any info on a good muffler to keep that sound??

Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Welcome to the forums bud,

If you want a "deep tone" for your exhaust DO NOT touch your catalytic converter. If you gut, put a test pipe, or put a high flow cat on your car. Your exhaust will instantly have that raspy, high pitched, ricey sound... To me, it sounds like the best thing for you (If you don't want it that loud either) is to get an axle-back exhaust. Tanabe and HKS make some for the 09-10 fits. I have a Tsudo Cat-back on my 08. It has a nice deep tone to it. But it's also really loud lol. Here's a link of a video a took of it if you'd like to hear it: YouTube - Honda Fit Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust Clip Also a review for the exhaust i made is in my signature. I don't know if they make the same system for the 09 fit's or not. But what I would do if I were you is browse around on youtube, search for exhaust systems on 09-10 fits, and see what sounds good to you. Everyone has his/her own opinion on what sounds good.

Last edited by Demon Fit; 03-04-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Tanabe Axleback
09-2010 Honda Fit 5dr Tanabe Medalion Concept G Axleback Exhaust OctaneMotorSports.com

HKS Hi Power Axleback
HKS Hi Power Axleback Exhaust Honda Fit 2009-2010 32003-BH006

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (last item on list for your car)
http://www.greddy.com/products/exhau...ter:model:Fit/

Sound Clip for Greddy Ti-C Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UuC1...eature=related

also if you don't like the "coffee can" style mufflers:
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exhaust System for 2009-2010 Honda Fit - P/N: T70143A

Sound Clip for Tanabe Medallion Touring Axleback
YouTube - 2010 Honda Fit Sport with Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust

Hope all this helps

~Demon

Last edited by Demon Fit; 03-04-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:59 PM
so going with a axleback will give me the deep sound like the touring fit? because that gave the deep but yet loud sound i like

Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Get one of these a 2.5" flange and take it to a good muffler shop... You can get it with or without a built in resonator and go online to find a tip you like.. They have a nice looking tip also. 2525 Car and Truck Performance Muffler - Sedan Mufflers - Mufflers I can guarantee you a DEEEEP sound with one of these.
They go for $125.00 on EBay

aero Turbine items - Get great deals on Parts Accessories, Car Truck Parts items on eBay Motors!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Call me Cheap Tex but I love this one and it's under 30.00 shipped

Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 PM
That is the sound i want YouTube - Honda Fit Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust Clip. it is pure deep and clean

Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Perrenoud Fit: do you have a vid and a link to that exhaust???

Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ian-white
Perrenoud Fit: do you have a vid and a link to that exhaust???
Give me a bit time on that
Here ya go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Call me Cheap Tex but I love this one and it's under 30.00 shipped

[
Yeah but you have REAL Mugen vent visors and I have fakes.... I may not have gotten the Aero Turbine muffler if I hadn't needed more exhaust flow because of doing the boost upgrade and still using my cheap glass pack and stainless steel tip..the Aero Turbine muffler I have has a 4" outlet and the difference in power from 4500 to 8200 RPM is crazy and oh so loud.. That is why I had to shell out even more money for another resonator and an exhaust control valve... I don't even like to think about how much money I have spent to get the exhaust to where I can drive without being afraid of getting a ticket and still make more power. I can actually hear the front tires squalling up to 40 in 2nd when they hook up and that is with the valve open or closed.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 PM
now there you go that sounds amazing now what will i have to do you get that on to my fit? will it just fit on to my existing piping or will i have to run new?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Muffler Shop

now there you go that sounds amazing now what will i have to do you get that on to my fit? will it just fit on to my existing piping or will i have to run new?
It should be an easy install for a good shop. Keep us up to date if you do this. W/ pix!
Thanks,
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-06-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Talking "The King of Cheap" that's me!!

Yeah but you have REAL Mugen vent visors and I have fakes.... I may not have gotten the Aero Turbine muffler if I hadn't needed more exhaust flow because of doing the boost upgrade and still using my cheap glass pack and stainless steel tip..the Aero Turbine muffler I have has a 4" outlet and the difference in power from 4500 to 8200 RPM is crazy and oh so loud.. That is why I had to shell out even more money for another resonator and an exhaust control valve... I don't even like to think about how much money I have spent to get the exhaust to where I can drive without being afraid of getting a ticket and still make more power. I can actually hear the front tires squalling up to 40 in 2nd when they hook up and that is with the valve open or closed.
Are you kid'n me Tex I've never paid for the real deal stuff All the kidz we have I'm lucky to fill the Fit up these dayz!

Please wait
Image not available

Item condition:NewCompatibility:
See compatible vehiclesTime left:7d 19h (Mar 14, 201114:21:09 PDT)

Quantity:
3 available

Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a quantity of 1 Purchases are limited to $quantity$ per buyer
Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a lower number
Please enter quantity of 1 or more

Price:US $5.50Buy anotherBuy anotherBuy anotherAdd to Watch list
Start of panel

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
It's should be an easy install for a good shop. Keep us up to date if you do this. W/ pix!
Thanks,
Big Mike
so the tip puts out the sound?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Come on Mikey, they said Mugen on them or is my wife wife right about me being crazy.. Your car is a great example of how inexpensive parts, attention to detail and creativity results in a great looking car.... I checked out you EBay link, that muffler at that price is just a wonderful deal.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Come on Mikey, they said Mugen on them or is my wife wife right about me being crazy.. Your car is a great example of how inexpensive parts, attention to detail and creativity results in a great looking car.... I checked out you EBay link, that muffler at that price is just a wonderful deal.
okay thank you for your opinion i shall be getting it. i will post pics when i get it/.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
That is the sound i want YouTube - Honda Fit Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust Clip. it is pure deep and clean
The sound that you're talking about is my car YAY!

Last edited by Demon Fit; 03-07-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Red face 1.00 mugen metal sickers

Ebay yet again, when I bought these they were a buck per sticker.

J03 MUGEN POWER HONDA METAL EMBLEM BADGE DECAL STICKER - eBay (item 220681543403 end time Mar-09-11 19:02:07 PST)

Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man... You fooled meee :rotfl : Oh Mikey that is funny..When it is summer time again let me know if you notice a drop in the interior temperature with the windows up and AC going... I think that the way the stick out further shades the windows and lowers the heat....I might pick up some of those stickers like those... If anyone comments on them, you know I will have no problem telling on myself, if I can stop laughing long enough to speak.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
my only problem is will the duel tip fit in place of the old muffler out the back :/

Quick Reply: Looking for a deep sound