Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Looking for a deep sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
and i have come to the conclusion that the dual tip would not look good considering that it would not fit in the notch but if you can find something cheaper DEMON i would be glad to get it bc i love that sound just dont have the money for it and it to fit on my fit

Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
The Megen axle back has 2 outlet pipes also and it looks good... That is pretty much the same as a glass pack muffler and with 2 2 1/2" outlet pipes it is going to drone like crazy at highway speeds... Here is a Megan....YouTube - 2008 Honda Fit Megan Racing Muffler, Fujita SRI

Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The Megen axle back has 2 outlet pipes also and it looks good... That is pretty much the same as a glass pack muffler and with 2 2 1/2" outlet pipes it is going to drone like crazy at highway speeds... Here is a Megan....YouTube - 2008 Honda Fit Megan Racing Muffler, Fujita SRI
sounds amazing but i cant fit that without it looking bad bc my fit has a bump in the bumper for a exhaust so i cant run duel

Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ian-white
sounds amazing but i cant fit that without it looking bad bc my fit has a bump in the bumper for a exhaust so i cant run duel
I have seen one on a Fit with a stock bumper and it looked nice.. I think you may be right about the EBay muffler though... 2 2 1/2" pipes are pretty big... Perrenaud Fit is very good at coming up with great looking stuff and doing tasteful well thought out things to his car so don't give up on the cheapie too quickly... Check out his car and you will be able to see what I mean...

Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM
this is my bumper so i cant get much:/
it aint mine but same bumper
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=737

Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I have seen one on a Fit with a stock bumper and it looked nice.. I think you may be right about the EBay muffler though... 2 2 1/2" pipes are pretty big... Perrenaud Fit is very good at coming up with great looking stuff and doing tasteful well thought out things to his car so don't give up on the cheapie too quickly... Check out his car and you will be able to see what I mean...
lol i seenwhat you mean

Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Question what about for a k20

Originally Posted by Demon Fit
Welcome to the forums bud,

If you want a "deep tone" for your exhaust DO NOT touch your catalytic converter. If you gut, put a test pipe, or put a high flow cat on your car. Your exhaust will instantly have that raspy, high pitched, ricey sound... To me, it sounds like the best thing for you (If you don't want it that loud either) is to get an axle-back exhaust. Tanabe and HKS make some for the 09-10 fits. I have a Tsudo Cat-back on my 08. It has a nice deep tone to it. But it's also really loud lol. Here's a link of a video a took of it if you'd like to hear it: YouTube - Honda Fit Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust Clip Also a review for the exhaust i made is in my signature. I don't know if they make the same system for the 09 fit's or not. But what I would do if I were you is browse around on youtube, search for exhaust systems on 09-10 fits, and see what sounds good to you. Everyone has his/her own opinion on what sounds good.
Your Tsudo Cat-back is sick bro. That's exactly the sound I'm looking for but quieter. What would you suggest to get that with a k20 and quieter?